Ryuu to Ayumu Nariagari Boukensha-dou - Vol. 4 Ch. 19 - Extortion

Dex-chan lover
Anyway, for those who can't wait for the outcome
Actual outcome

my2pcn2b667.jpeg
l7lxczeb6d7.jpeg
Yes they get heal, no one die lmao

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, just tell the head guild but not requesting another survey.

Dex-chan lover
They're clearly good at what they do,
I'm pretty sure they lost that criteria when they dragged an adventurer to a back alley to kill/maim them.

And acknowledged doing as much to other people in the past.

Violent criminals 👏 don't get 👏 to claim 👏 moral 👏 high ground. 👏

I'm sure cops will let you off after you violently beat someone, if you explain your sophistry to them nicely.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm sure cops will let you off after you violently beat someone, if you explain your sophistry to them nicely.
My brother in Christ, this is an isekai Fantasy (Corrected by people) with a medieval-like setting. Do you SERIOUSLY believe the city guards are going to care about adventurers?
It's been set up painfully clear from that adventurers are scumbags, from the MC's ex-party to that adventurer trash-talking the MC and ogling the FMC in chapter 6 and chapter 7, and now all this about how some have been trying to game the system using the survey team, just to give examples. If anything, I bet the guards would see all this as the trash taking itself out.

Also, none of this changes that they've been doing a good job at their surveys, with, again, the MC being the exception to the rule. (Which is why the MC understands their actions, though, again, that doesn't change that they're still scumbags too)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
this is an isekai with a clear medieval-like setting.

Some semblance of social contract has to exist, otherwise the universe's setting would implode. Even if you took a moment to think about it. If a guild routinely misattributes dungeon risk ratings, nobody would trust them. Look to how an "AAA" vs mere "AA" credit rating can make countries implode financially overnight.

And if that's too much / too close to home to ask -- as it is fiction -- at least in-universe consistent logic would be appreciated. I can read isekai fiction about a world where women above 20 are treated as "worthless goods", and an MC from "our world" who is like a kid in a candy store. But at least that author recognized the need for some semblance of consistent back-story and worldbuilding.

And that's what turns a mind-numbing story, with inability to immerse at all, to at least junk-food status. (I'm here for the dragon legs, honestly.)

If anything, I bet the guards would see all this as the trash taking itself out.

So that establishes guards as incompetent and untrustworthy. Why would people go to city centers at all? If civilians can be attacked in broad daylight by adventurers, and guards don't act to (at least minimally) protect populace?

Pretty art doesn't excuse terrible worldbuilding. That's the number one fault I've seen in most manga WN adaptations with immature authors. (And I read the WN/LNs. Typically the readers/commenters are the editors.)

Dex-chan lover
These guys are fucking idiots! just because your boss didn't personally participate he will still be held accountable for your actions on top of this harming the reputation of the guild as a whole. This writing is dumb as fuck

Dex-chan lover
Did he just say they aren't doing that out of spite ?... They clearly do, they're being petty for being doubted, honestly believe in that scenario them being seen as the best surveyors just got to their head, so kinda hope to see them beat the f up next chapter ô_ô

I bet we'll later see the Leader of them come around for petty 'revenge'

Dex-chan lover
I think the real question nobody is asking is this: What happened to the past adventurers? There's no way they just got beat up and let it slide. How is it they've gotten away with this for so long? Either those adventurers are dead or crippled beyond the point of communication, meaning they're probably comatose. Assuming that to be the case, I think murder is perfectly justifiable in that situation in self-defense.

Now the problem arises when you need to prove yourself innocent of being the aggressor. The Guildmaster looks like she'd understand the situation considering she believes the MC is a good guy but would still dislike the result, so you would probably have to figure something out for the aftermath but overall you'd probably be fine-ish. Sparing their lives is also acceptable because it reduces the issues (hopefully) further down the line. That being said it shouldn't be considered a dumb idea that, if these guys have mauled so many adventurers over the years that they can't even remember how many times they've done it, you fight with the full intent to neutralize them when they target you.

Dex-chan lover
There are healers in that world. So breaking their limbs should be okay right? No? :glee:

Dex-chan lover
You don't need to kill them. Just bend their knees and elbows backwards, remove the ability to heal and have fun watching them flail around. That'll be great

Double-page supporter
Will Dion ever get rid of this wimpy attitude? It's time to grow already.

Dex-chan lover
No, no, don't hold back. I and everyone else on this forum wants- no, demands these fuckers get humbled straight to the grave.

Fed-Kun's army
I feel like the survey corps problem can be reduced if the guild have some sort of verification method so they won't need to send the survey corp every time an adventurer ask for a re-survey.
At least they won't get send out every time the request is obviously bogus. Assuming it's true that some adventurers are requesting it only because they're lazy/too weak.

Dex-chan lover
You really didn't have to hold back so much that the action gets pushed back to the next chapter, you know?
Well think of it we would miss all the good bits of our dragon boy and girl beating the stuffing out of these jacka**es if there was just a “I’ll hold back the best I can” then next panel we see the jacka**es all smashed in various parts of the scenery.

Users who are viewing this thread