Ryuu to Yuusha to Haitatsunin - Vol. 9 Ch. 60 - The Decisive Battle VII

Dex-chan lover
I really like how this manga shows the bounty on Eight-Eyes backfiring as it actually made the more competent citizens spread out trying to snipe her (and getting killed in small batches) instead of concentrating their efforts like Pohtan intended.

The annoying thing is that this whole mess turns out to come from Pohtan trying to prove her theory works IRL to a demon king who's already long dead (and whose observations have proven correct so far).
what no the conflict has arisen from civilization trying to leave behind the age of heroes and shit. pohtan just had a theory on how to actually defeat them.

Dex-chan lover
I dunno, the dragon might backfire quickly. If it's too obvious, it becomes a juicy bag of exp to the hero.

Dex-chan lover
what no the conflict has arisen from civilization trying to leave behind the age of heroes and shit. pohtan just had a theory on how to actually defeat them.

No, I don't mean the conflict itself. I mean the way Pohtan chose to fight it. Remember, the demon sultanate already achieved standardization and ended their own age of heroes. However, it's becoming clear from Pohtan's own flashbacks that the late Demon King achieved it in another way. Pohtan's ideas are novel even to the demon sultanate itself. Basically, her insistence on fighting the conflict using hordes of pawns ensures maximum casualty rates, which even the goddamned DEMON KING himself thinks is wasteful.

Eight Eyes will probably roll the enemy army, even though the helicopter barrels are so cool ;(
The thing the Mages Guild is cooking will most likely end the war, but it might not be a weapon of war. My assumption is that it is a barrel that does not need a mage or is more mage-friendly, so they can have some decent working conditions in a modern society. Economic and social forces ending this conflict would fit this story quite well.

Double-page supporter
No, I don't mean the conflict itself. I mean the way Pohtan chose to fight it. Remember, the demon sultanate already achieved standardization and ended their own age of heroes. However, it's becoming clear from Pohtan's own flashbacks that the late Demon King achieved it in another way. Pohtan's ideas are novel even to the demon sultanate itself. Basically, her insistence on fighting the conflict using hordes of pawns ensures maximum casualty rates, which even the goddamned DEMON KING himself thinks is wasteful.
It's notable how she's set it up to show absolutely no care for the individuals living there.
Honestly, Pohton is incredibly frustrating as a character and I hope someone gets their hands on her and gives her a proper set of consequences for what she's done (she's created a horrible society, and it looks like it was made out of spite and to prove that she was right).

Maybe that previously loyal follower who saw some of the shit she's done, that'd be quite the karmic end for that demon.

Contributor
It's notable how she's set it up to show absolutely no care for the individuals living there.
Honestly, Pohton is incredibly frustrating as a character and I hope someone gets their hands on her and gives her a proper set of consequences for what she's done (she's created a horrible society, and it looks like it was made out of spite and to prove that she was right).

Maybe that previously loyal follower who saw some of the shit she's done, that'd be quite the karmic end for that demon.
Miss Cleaver's likely to give her a piece of her mind considering she found that letter.

Dex-chan lover
Eight Eyes will probably roll the enemy army, even though the helicopter barrels are so cool ;(
The thing the Mages Guild is cooking will most likely end the war, but it might not be a weapon of war. My assumption is that it is a barrel that does not need a mage or is more mage-friendly, so they can have some decent working conditions in a modern society. Economic and social forces ending this conflict would fit this story quite well.

I have a feeling Molga is about two steps away from ending Project Uberbarrel in the most tragically hilarious way possible. If this follows the usual trend, she'll come barging in right as the Mages' Guild FINALLY fixed their final bug.

The current society is not just Pohtan but the cities own ideals. Pohtan just tried to bend what already exists with her own ideals of progress, and the city has been advancing in parts. It's not a one side is 100% correct even though one is shown in a better light. Remember that there are factions between each of the main groups.

Dex-chan lover
The current society is not just Pohtan but the cities own ideals. Pohtan just tried to bend what already exists with her own ideals of progress, and the city has been advancing in parts. It's not a one side is 100% correct even though one is shown in a better light. Remember that there are factions between each of the main groups.
Didn't the coup put Pohtan in power 40 years ago though? I think she's been the only one in power since the old regime, so she has been able to pick and choose who is in power in her offices and I doubt she would put someone who opposes her in charge.

Dex-chan lover
He never said anything about it being wasteful, just that he didn't think it would work because the low lvl armies would run away in fear (which she has worked around with zombies, brainwashing, and barrels)

Dex-chan lover
I really like how this manga shows the bounty on Eight-Eyes backfiring as it actually made the more competent citizens spread out trying to snipe her (and getting killed in small batches) instead of concentrating their efforts like Pohtan intended.

The annoying thing is that this whole mess turns out to come from Pohtan trying to prove her theory works IRL to a demon king who's already long dead (and whose observations have proven correct so far).
That's the beauty of her plan: she is not risking anything of her own, instead she is pitching her enemies against each other. If she is right, she will avenge the demon lord, prove that she is right and obtain a city of compliant drones. If she is wrong, she would still get rid of the city that sent the first hero and greatly weaken the fallen hero side, in preparation for a second strike.
Divide et impera.

Dex-chan lover
Sorry, which one is the side painted in a better light? The one that employes brainwashing, zombies and the local megafauna, or the one that employes brainwashing, zombies and the local megafauna? Me, I'm slightly (VERY slightly) partial for the mages... I mean, the "rebellious" mages, the ones siding with the betrayed hero...

Speaking of the hero, the "mage" side has now collected the dragon, the hero and the courier of the title, while the city side is still missing the dragon...

Last edited:
The city and the couriers by far are painted in a much better light than the mages. Specially considering it's a city, you know everyone vs mages and powerful people who wish to keep the power to themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread