Ryuu to Yuusha to Haitatsunin - Vol. 9 Ch. 61 - The Dragon, the Hero, and the Courier II

Dex-chan lover
I love anti-magic fields and ability denying. My favourite shtick as a GM, tho can't exactly use it that oft.
Not that fun when you are a player and get hit with it, though.

I wonder if the founder, former Hero will make an appearance. There ain't that many chapters left for that, though.

Dex-chan lover
got a chuckle at the priest cursing out both sides my man just trying to do his job and this shit aint helping.
this priest has a point tho. this is war between them and normal civilians end up getting caught in situation.

so yeah, i understand how pissed off the priest is. i hope the God or any high being in this series listen to the man prayer.

Fri

Supporter
Which chapter?
I can't remember exactly all of her previous appearances, but she's the "weakest of the four generals" shown in previous chapter. It's explained on... probably the election chapter? That the city have a foreigner as podesta on purpose. She's from the "demon kingdom" which is basically not middle east, who got destroyed by a hero some time in the past (and iirc later the hero got betrayed by his party/the government and now is a criminal known as "former hero"). Someone probably can point out the relevant chapters of all the plot points I mentioned here, I'm just trying to give you a summary on who she is.

Contributor
The author really isn't afraid to maim or kill familiar characters, even if they're only side characters. The boyfriend of the parchment/paper couple lost a leg, Zazach of the constantly flirting couple lost an arm, and I think the guy who got beheaded is Kettlehead of the Wild Goose Hunters. Maybe missing limbs and even death can be solved with magic, but we've seen at least a few familiar faces die permanently, like that one girl from the Information Office.
All those captured orphans probably died as soon as the spell was activated.

HAHAHA they used the time travel documents to rustle up project uberbarrel.

Magical anteaters will hopefully stop the mage battery human rights thing, but it'll still keep mages out of a job.
won't they just turn into researchers on how to make better batteries, or make better magical formulas?

Dex-chan lover
Sigurd seeing his squire in the corner of his eye, wrapping up his battle and setting off to beat the crap out of her, lol.
And they're fighting with her leg-locking his torso. That's so freaking cute.
Poor mage commander, honestly. My heart skipped a beat on that ricochet from his helmet.
Reanimation captain lol. "I'll just zombify myself" lmao!
"to piss myself" was funny too. Talk about realistic war.
Funny how the bear was evacuating wounded (or corpses?)
And the priest cursing upon both mages and city council
"REALITAS" fits really well for anti-magic spell. I like that.
And goddamit, verification office reports. The guys played their part in the plot. I'm taking off my hat.
Profane hollering from below, lol.
Flipping over the chessboard? Well, as we learned, podesta sucks at chess. So, this tactic is viable.
And my god, Mickey hugging Podesta. That's so romantic.
Common woes of middle management lol
And the sound of the bell at the end. Looks like mages' asses are going to be beaten.
Looking forward to next chapter

Thank you very much for the translation. One of the best fantasy on the site nowadays

Dex-chan lover
I won't lie, I'm pretty much on the wizards side
Or maybe the priest side?
Both are shitty and should burn in hell!
(exept for the characters I care)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
won't they just turn into researchers on how to make better batteries, or make better magical formulas?
In theory, yes, but I don't think the traditional mages would've accepted that if things have come to this.

Writing documentation on your own secrets is quite a sticking point.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder. How does the hero fit in the podesta's world order
Well considering her home was destroyed by a hero and her whole goal is the removal of power from strong individuals. I’m thinking the hero will “slip and fall from a window“ if she’s allowed to win without any compromises.

still hoping ice mage with timestop will somehow win the day with a compromise and the current government/guild/mage leaders face punishment For their action.
both sides have done questionables things.

Dex-chan lover
I won't lie, I'm pretty much on the wizards side
Or maybe the priest side?
Both are shitty and should burn in hell!
(exept for the characters I care)
Tbh, it's beautiful.
It's quite nuanced that the cartoonist drawings lighten how realistic it feels.
All sides have understandable reasons why they've chose this path.

Dex-chan lover
I'm more sympathetic to the Mages considering alot of their issues stem from the human right abuses of the city first.
Yeah the freaking demon has ruined everything and worse, this all really doesn't seem necessary and just looks to be a case of wounded pride and the demon trying to go "my way would TOTALLY be the best, I'll just use this city to prove it!"

Users who are viewing this thread