S-Rank Party Kara Kaikosareta [Jugushi] ~"Noroi no Item" Shika Tsukuremasen ga, Sono Seinou wa Artifact-kyuu nari......!~ - Ch. 27.1

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

The last few chapters really has become too 'stretchy' and I hope it's not getting axed soon.

Anyway, looks like Gaile is going to obtain some new high-tier materials and ingredients soon.

Dex-chan lover
It is weird to me that Shinigami is considered "an existence that defies reason" in this fantasy world...
I always treat that kind of translation as "too literal"/"TL/PR showing incompetence in actual english".
Along the lines of "This is not our/you don't have "common sense", which is just as cringe-worthy.

From the image and context, I feel the proper translation would be:
"It's a Myth come true/alive."
Alternatively: "So the legend is true..", although that one might trigger the Literalists..

Same as Shinigami wouldn't be "a type of god", but rather "(divine) spirit".
But to be fair, translating japanese concepts of spirituality into english, with its completely different concepts is a pain-and-a-half.
I quite often feel a translation would be better off simply using the direct romanisation in these cases, given that you're dealing here with a (set of) concept(s) that really have no equivalent in modern english, and are more of a complete ..Gestalt with its own cultural flavour and associations.

Not unlike keeping the japanese suffixes in names, since they don't have much meaning in english, but are very important indicators for relationships in the story.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
"It is hot as hell in this funky ass hot ass room i'm in...

IS THAT THE GRIM REAPER" - Assassin chick

Dex-chan lover
I always treat that kind of translation as "too literal"/"TL/PR showing incompetence in actual english".
Along the lines of "This is not our/you don't have "common sense", which is just as cringe-worthy.

From the image and context, I feel the proper translation would be:
"It's a Myth come true/alive."
Alternatively: "So the legend is true..", although that one might trigger the Literalists..

Same as Shinigami wouldn't be "a type of god", but rather "(divine) spirit".
But to be fair, translating japanese concepts of spirituality into english, with its completely different concepts is a pain-and-a-half.
I quite often feel a translation would be better off simply using the direct romanisation in these cases, given that you're dealing here with a (set of) concept(s) that really have no equivalent in modern english, and are more of a complete ..Gestalt with its own cultural flavour and associations.

Not unlike keeping the japanese suffixes in names, since they don't have much meaning in english, but are very important indicators for relationships in the story.
Thank you for your thorough explanation. I guess turn of phrase and idioms can be difficult to translate to other languages.

Dex-chan lover
I think I was mentioned earlier in the series that mc usually gets chased by these guys and he tends to farm them to make paralyzing darts that penetrate defenses

Dex-chan lover
Gaile be like: I got this

like it's a walk in the park for him, casually

:aquadrink: His eccentricity knows no bounds, after all, his cursed items are very quite effective and of the highest grade.

Different methodology of his as a eccentric Cursificer himself, for the best quality of curse for his craft.

The usual known methods be damned cause it's logic-breaking of the norm. :dogkek:

The Shinigami is on his list lel

Dex-chan lover
What if that shinigami was actually Gaile himself equipping stuffs he made on the spot from the scattered materials that makes him look like a shinigami...?

Users who are viewing this thread