Saeki-san wa Nemutteru - Vol. 5 Ch. 49 - Saeki-san Is Asleep

Group Leader
@waldo220 Thanks for explaining your reasoning. It's true that it's starting to sound a little off to me now, haha. That's the issue with learning multiple languages, sometimes you forget things about some of them. Anyway, I think I'll leave it because I'm not totally sure if "will" or "would" or their respective contractions would be most accurate here (kind of feels like it's both), and it's colloquial language anyway, where all sorts of horrible things happen to language. /excuses

Well, now I just thought of "when I speed walk then I always make it in time", but that might cause issues with the typesetting, which is always a consideration. At any rate, thanks for the grammar explainer, and sorry for not changing it despite accepting your reasoning (*ノωノ). I try to be more of a descriptivist than a prescriptivist anyway! /moreexcuses

Thanks again for taking the time to explain, and rest assured, I'm a fluff dealer and will push it whenever I find more!

Edit: nevermind, I completely forgot about her preceding bubble-- that's embarrassing. Anyway, I went to change it despite what I said, and realized she's really referencing what would happen if she slept in a further 10 minutes than usual, so of course it'd be "would" (contracted to I'd). Probably would've been more apparent if I'd read the chapter like a normal person instead of skimming my final checks because I'm lazy/impatient. It's fixed now!

Edit 2: almost forgot to make speed walk past tense too. I didn't want to put "if i were to speed walk" (because length), so I went with a simple "if I speed walked", which somehow sounds a little wrong to me, but I can't think of a reason it would be wrong.

Dex-chan lover
Press "t" to thanks to translators
tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt<Comment cropped. Show next 1902456987 characters?>

May the Pope of Weebness bless this holy manga! For real though, this was cute as heck! I think it's quite sad that it had to end this way, but I really do still love it! Plus, re-reading is an option. I also can be happy with the fact that they didn't get together. It's basically all but confirmed that they do eventually get together, thanks to all the hints and pieces. Thanks to that hope, I can leave this series with a smile on my face. :) Thanks for the great scanlation, Sleepy Fox! Thanks to everyone!

And have a good night, folks!

Dex-chan lover
I missed this a month ago! Goddamn, thanks a lot translator! Havent felt this bittersweet in a while

Dex-chan lover
It was good saccharine content, they clearly mirror each other's thoughts as they reflect what it means to "like" someone, but mom can see it, sis can see it, girls at the glasses store can see it.

while you don't get a direct confirmation it's like an ending where someone is surrounded by 100000 soldiers with rifles raised and ready to shoot... you know where it's going even if you don't see it.

Aggregator gang
'Kay, I must say I like concrete endings, but I can accept this one. Thanks for the effort put into scanlating this series, it was a good one.

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for all the people that work in this manga, have a nice sleep everyone ;)

Bro im not satisfied with ending. But its probably most optimal one soooo eh...

Dex-chan lover
I have to say, I feel pretty much like SleepyFox.
Objectively speaking, this ending was perfect. The story had so VERY FRIGGIN' LITTLE romance, that just a fluffy ending fits. And the way it just links back to how it started is amazing.
On the other hand, though, my romance-starved-self hates that we have no romance ending. Seriously. I feel kind of betrayed now...

Speaking of, @sleepyfoxscanlations , the credits page says you were going to work on the bonus chapters too. Did you decide to drop it or something?
Regardless, thank you very much for your hard work!

Group Leader
@Tatherwood Oh hey, you finished the main story already. In regard to the bonus chapters: basically I decided to focus on KaiSuki and Fukami-kun for the time being. Since the main story was over I didn't really feel that putting those out was something I should necessarily prioritize, considering my limited free time. I'm almost finished with Fukami-kun though, so once that's done I'll probably release the bonus chapters for Saeki-san before I move on to my other stalled out projects. Also, this isn't really a reason, but the last bonus chapter for this series is a Christmas chapter, so it'll be kind of timely (and also show how slow I was in doing them...).

Users who are viewing this thread