Saihate ni Madou - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
It seems like the author is trying to lead us to thinking that Shiika feels obligated to protect the Mom's feelings? A bit of mystery here surrounding Shiika, which I enjoy.
Banger exposition pacing so far, looking forward for the next chapter :wooow:

Dex-chan lover
A plain, black page is thematic, but I refreshed multiple times because I thought it wasn't loading properly!

Dex-chan lover
Someone commented this before and I hope this is the way it will go too; about her probably knowing her dad was a creep and then finding out his cause of death was due to him being a rapist.
Hell I wouldn’t be surprised if he abused his own daughter or at least tried to.

Honestly I’d want the manga to go that way, so we can see the turmoil she went through with his death and after, and how she maybe even felt like good riddance. But other conflicted feelings too since she was young and most likely didn’t know he actually committed rape before being killed in front of her.

So yeaaaaaah really really hope this isn’t a enact revenge for my dad type story

Dex-chan lover
I think many of you here in the comments miss the point. It was emphasized quite a lot that nobody's really judging the MC, even the anons on forums spoke about him in neutral tone. This judgement from others is his own mind's creation. It can happen if you break a social taboo of some sort, one which you from the very childhood believed to be unjustifiable in any case and no matter the circumstances. In this case -- murder. So he just "assumes" the people around judge him, because that's how people treat murderers, simple as. His subconscious can't differentiate between the different possible context of a murder and creates for him this elusion of hatred and judgement.

In such moments I want to say "fuck you evolution for what you do to individuals", but it won't change anything

Aggregator gang
okay, this manga has my undivided attention. really hoping for more chapters

Dex-chan lover
Man... I can't shake of the idea that the shiika might have some sort of involvement in her father doing what he did... She staying with the family of the killer of his father is way to suspicious... Maybe she was the girl raped by her father and she decided to make her father go with other girl? She wanted a new family and made her father do what he did to replace MC's sister?
That'd be so bullshit if a kid planned that kind of thing, wouldn't be able to suspend disbelief at all.

Seems plausible that she was also a victim of him and wanted him dead, though. Could have positive feelings for the one that killed him if she was also a victim of stuff she didn't want.

Like... even if she'd made him target another girl somehow, that wouldn't magically make the mom want to adopt, anyways, though yes him being caught/killed was destined to get her a new family of some kind.

Dex-chan lover
Man... I can't shake of the idea that the shiika might have some sort of involvement in her father doing what he did... She staying with the family of the killer of his father is way to suspicious... Maybe she was the girl raped by her father and she decided to make her father go with other girl? She wanted a new family and made her father do what he did to replace MC's sister?
..... you do realize she was a little girl. She literally had no control over any part of the situation. Whether her dad raped or who adopts her...

Basically, MC's mom took her out of pity.

What is instead more worrying is if she might be like the MC... MC has delusions that everyone is against him.... when nobody seems to be...

She might somehow act like it's her fault or something (hope not; broken MC blaming himself is enough)

Dex-chan lover
I like the 3 chapters so far.

I hope Shiika isn't some manipulative psychopath that planned this all along.

I find it a little strange about the coincidence of Shiika getting the attention of the one woman working at the orphanage who's son killed her father.
I also find it strange that his mother is 't aware of who she is. Generally you get a background when you sign up for an orphanage.

Also strange that her name just happened to be different. She could have changed it... at the same time the forums might have been false.

There are some strange coincidences that could go either way.

For now, I am hopefully optimistic.

Dex-chan lover
The art style is sublime, and the "melancholic but still trying to be hopeful" -atmosphere dealing with guilt was something that I've been needing. This quickly jumped into one of my most favorite active manga scanlations. Can't wait for the story to continue

Though that "suggestive" tag worries me.

Dex-chan lover
To all the readers that thought there was an error with the first page, I'm sorry. In the raw there are two black blank pages between chapters, so I included them in like that. I'll go remove the blank pages for ch.2 too, and explain myself there.

Dex-chan lover
Man I'm getting to many extreme mixed vibes, does she remember or not, is she interacting with good or bad intentions..... Etc.
Maybe my gut feeling is reading too much into it?

Dex-chan lover
I can't shake the fear that she's gonna help him only until one point and then gonna drive him back to hell, but I hope so much to be wrong and that this is gonna be heavy, but still aiming for a happier development

Dex-chan lover
L
I don't think most war veterans are crawling on kitchen floors shouting "please kill me!" while some little girl tries to slice an apple lmao

A little girl being adopted by the family of the man that killed her father so she can be that man's replacement sister is absolutee novela tier melodrama.

I understand that this is all very dark and it's taking itself very seriously but it's also very silly and I'm too old and jaded to fall for it.
Like I said, you clearly have no idea how that works

I tell you to use your brain more but you do the opposite instead. Please stop replying to me

Users who are viewing this thread