Saihate ni Madou - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
the girl will either be the one who heals his trauma or the cause of his excruciating death by revenge. judging by the genre tags, i think it might be the latter.

Dex-chan lover
I don't get how people would treat him badly. If real life is anything to go by, people would hail him as a hero. Just like gary plauche who shot his son molester on live TV.

Just japan things. Even if he brought justice upon a scum, he still disturbed the daily routine of piece and quiet and should be treated as harshly as the scum he got rid off. Though most of the onlooker comments were in his head, his head is also the product of his environment.

Dex-chan lover
We all can joke around about how we would kill the bad guys of the manga we read behind the comfort of our keyboards, or how we are such badasses that we would regret nothing, but the reality is that, no matter the reason, killing someone can be a traumatic experience, especially for someone young and in the circumstances that forced MC to act.

Dude seriously deserves to be happy, he and his family has suffered enough...
But this is a Japanese manga so you know more suffering is inbound.
EW8AQwsWsAAaLdJ.jpg
True what i notice is people vomiting opinions on stories and act like they can do different not understanding that typing crap is different that ACTUALY going through that in real life, people reading fiction some times became delusional thinking they will do better that anyone in that story like lol

Dex-chan lover
...the MC needs help, the kind a Mental Health Professional provides. Unfortunately this Story plays in Japan so there's probably a few stones in the way for that.
At least it seems the Girl will be a source of Support right?
... right?

Seriously this hurts to read somewhat but it's the good kind.
relying on therapy for all your life's problems isnt the answers like you Muricans think it is.

Fortunately there's none of that bullcrap here and we can focus on proper character growth.

Group Leader
I don't think there's anything sinister or malicious with Shiika. This series seems to be about dealing with trauma and grief, and (hopefully) how to heal from it. It would also just leave a bad taste if Shiika turned out to be twisted and cruel. My guess is that while her dad being killed threw her life into chaos, Shiika doesn't hold it against Kazuma because she knows her dad did something really bad to Yuri. Yuri and Kazuma's mom also treated her with warmth and kindness despite the fact that she's the daughter of the dad. It's even possible that Shiika was abused by her dad, so she sees Kazuma as a savior of sorts.

Something I hope to see is Kazuma realizing that killing himself won't help anybody nor will it make what he did okay. If he truly wants to atone, he needs to be alive to do that.

Supporter
Yeah the direction and vibe of the series seem to imply it's not going to have crazy dark plot twists, there would be a hint or some kind of hook in the first chapter to make it obvious something else is going on, otherwise people would have wrong expectations going into the rest of the series

Like in Dog and Scum, it's pretty clear that it's story focused with a lot of twists and turns. If shiika turns out to be scheming, it'd be a terrible change from what the manga's already established and it'd be bad overall for the reception of the series given how emotional the setup is so far. Mangas like this don't pull off plot twists like that without any foreshadowing or attempts to clue in the reader, it's just a pretty basic principle in mangas these days, no manga is that subversive

Dex-chan lover
relying on therapy for all your life's problems isnt the answers like you Muricans think it is.

Fortunately there's none of that bullcrap here and we can focus on proper character growth.
At the risk of troll-feeding… you realize that, ideally, a therapist’s role is to assist in that character growth, right?

Sometimes people need help.

Dex-chan lover
Oh look, someone who has no idea how PTSD works

I guess all those war veterans with that also are being melodramatic

Use your brain before you say something stupid like that 🤦🏾‍♂️
I don't think most war veterans are crawling on kitchen floors shouting "please kill me!" while some little girl tries to slice an apple lmao

First you need to propely LEARN how and WHEN to use the word ”melodramatic” otherwise way are you reading this type of story were you are bloody ignorant about the subject and vomit words that you have no idea how to use then?
A little girl being adopted by the family of the man that killed her father so she can be that man's replacement sister is absolute tele novela tier melodrama.

I understand that this is all very dark and it's taking itself very seriously but it's also very silly and I'm too old and jaded to fall for it.

Dex-chan lover
Jesus, this MC is the pussiest pussy to have ever lived.
Why the fuck didn't he kill himself right after the revenge? Is clear he was broken for the whole 7 years.
Did he want to pray at his sister grave, or see his mother at least another time? Making him so weakminded makes me feel sick.
Incredible he doesn't realize that killing himself would break his mother for good.
and is ectremely unlikely that anyone knows his face as he changed in 7 years, barely anyone would recognize him if they didn't know him before and most importantly, in Japan minors have their identity protected even when criminals, unless he was a serial killer or tried to escape the police would have never released his picture, and I don't think he tried to run away but was most likely paralized from the shock after killing the rapist.

Users who are viewing this thread