Saihate ni Madou - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
Aaaand will she do it? Will she ask him "my dad took your imouto away from you so let me be your imouto instead"??? 😆

...the MC needs help, the kind a Mental Health Professional provides. Unfortunately this Story plays in Japan so there's probably a few stones in the way for that.
At least it seems the Girl will be a source of Support right?
... right?

Seriously this hurts to read somewhat but it's the good kind.
agreed man, I got sisters and this a tough read for sure, but it looks really good. Hopefully we get a good story with a happy ending

Dex-chan lover
heavy..
hopefully Shiika preventing Kazuma from suiciding because she is genuinely care for him. like maybe she understands kazuma really feel remorseful about about what he did and she dont want this sadness to repeat again.
if what i said i true and the series dont end soon, i feel like we will get a long flashback much later showing Shiika get cared by Kazuma's mother (maybe she hate kazuma family but then touched by his mother kindness)

Dex-chan lover
Stop pretending to be an expert on PTSD you're like 13.
PTSD isn't a catch-all cover for over-the-top writing.
Wow you're so stupid you can't follow basic directions, do you always do the opposite of what someone asks you? I despise going back and forth with dumbasses like you

Btw nobody is pretending, that's just common sense which you seriously lack

I don't get how people would treat him badly. If real life is anything to go by, people would hail him as a hero. Just like gary plauche who shot his son molester on live TV.
Well it’s a different culture there and the little girl was probably scarred terribly by that moment so that may be why.

Dex-chan lover
goddamn... i feel as if i had rubbed liters and liters of onion juice on my eyes

Dex-chan lover
It is important that the author uses the "show, don't tell" method. For my taste, it was way too much text and inner monologue in this chapter. Still a good read though and thank you for translating it :meguu:
It literally does, all the time, the whole diner scene shows how he perceives other people talking, rather than him just saying that "the people around me all sound like they're angry at me".

Double-page supporter
I am glad I found this manga. Nice story so far and I hope it keeps getting interesting. Also, thanks for TL.

Please, tell me there's a novel of this. Really can't wait to see (or read) what comes next!

Dex-chan lover
Wow you're so stupid you can't follow basic directions, do you always do the opposite of what someone asks you? I despise going back and forth with dumbasses like you

Btw nobody is pretending, that's just common sense which you seriously lack
Lmao you're free to stop talking to me like a cartoon villain any time you want.

Seriously there are better manga than this that cover trauma and suicidality in ways that aren't silly caricatures. Go read some of that.

But hold on lemme try and guess your next reply:
"How dare you speak to me I hate dumbasses like you but I'm so angry that I keep responding even though I have nothing of substance to say!"

Dex-chan lover
...the MC needs help, the kind a Mental Health Professional provides. Unfortunately this Story plays in Japan so there's probably a few stones in the way for that.
From what I understand, mental health in Japan is more or less a joke. A very dark joke.
Japan has, I believe, the highest number of 'hospital beds' alotted to mental health patients in the world (per capita). This sounds very promising on the face of it, however it obfuscates the rather more grim truth.
Average hospital stay in most of the developed world is somewhere around a couple of weeks. In Japan it is almost a whole year, and in cases like mental health patients - where improvement is hard to objectively measure - it can be significantly longer. In addition, around 90% of mental health treatment is run by privately owned medical firms that have a vested interest in keeping the patient in the bed for as long as possible. They really do focus more on 'containment' rather than treatment.
This paired with the extreme culture of shame and conformity that rules all aspects of japanese life often leads to negative spirals where we in the west would hope to see improvement or at least maintaining a stable status quo. Sufferers of mental unwellness tend to blame themselves and regress into really passive, self-destructive states. Compare this to the phenomenon of hikkikomori, it is certainly related. Also the extremely high suicide rates. It all paints a very dark picture.
Couple that with the fact that the MC is an actual murderer? We've already seen examples of the extreme stigma that murder brings with it in Japan - not only the murderer is blamed; it is seen as a moral failing of his entire family and that the family is somehow 'tainted' or 'unclean', in a way that will bring with it ill fortune to anyone who associates with the murderer and his relatives. Basically they become shunned. With all this in consideration - and the fact that MCs family appears to be not exactly poor but at least not well off - I think it would be a hard sell to even find a mental health facility willing to treat MC.

Dex-chan lover
You know what would be really funny? If this turned into romance with the loli.
Considering the tone that this began with, that would be equal parts disgusting and amusing. I dont know the author, but knowing the medium, I would not at all be surprised. Though still a bit shocked perhaps.

Dex-chan lover
Considering the tone that this began with, that would be equal parts disgusting and amusing. I dont know the author, but knowing the medium, I would not at all be surprised. Though still a bit shocked perhaps.
It began with a tone of "look at these non characters, now pity them", so i believe there is a real chance for some good old loli romance.

Dex-chan lover
Jesus, this MC is the pussiest pussy to have ever lived.
Why the fuck didn't he kill himself right after the revenge? Is clear he was broken for the whole 7 years.
Did he want to pray at his sister grave, or see his mother at least another time? Making him so weakminded makes me feel sick.
Incredible he doesn't realize that killing himself would break his mother for good.
and is ectremely unlikely that anyone knows his face as he changed in 7 years, barely anyone would recognize him if they didn't know him before and most importantly, in Japan minors have their identity protected even when criminals, unless he was a serial killer or tried to escape the police would have never released his picture, and I don't think he tried to run away but was most likely paralized from the shock after killing the rapist.
It's just poor writing. The author is creating drama where normally there would never be any by making the MC act in dumb unrealistic ways and people in this thread have deluded themselves into thinking this is a realistic portrayal of this sort of situation. I said earlier the MC could just move somewhere else where nobody knows him. This will solve his problem without putting his mother through any more grief and is a perfectly normal thing for someone to consider given the situation, and people in this thread downvoted me into oblivion because they don't like people criticizing the manga or something.

Dex-chan lover
So... It is a "broken people fix* each other" type of story, right?

RIGHT?

*to the point of being functional, not necessarily completely

Dex-chan lover
This is so intense and can go to either direction. There is almost impossible that the mom and that kid are not hiding their true feelings. This can go to big depression or a big salvation story.

Users who are viewing this thread