Saihate ni Madou - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
what the hell?

also, those horses at the last pages have long ass necks haha

Dex-chan lover
Interesing chapter but we seem to get more questions the more chapters we get it's driving me nuts lol.

I really hope the bully girl isn't as bad as her introduction makes her seem.

Dex-chan lover
So people DO KNOW he killed a rapist, not just any person, yet they are hating on him.
Do Japanese people prefer that a pedo NOT be killed?

If he went to jail in the west, he'd be a hero instead.
Japan is very conformist and they have this idea called tatemae, something like English 'putting on airs' except it's used as a polite social façade. Anyone breaking either of these would be considered KY, kuuki yomenai (can't read the room) and rude. Thanks to the conformist mindset, they'd usually stay the fuck away from these kinda folks.

They also believe in familial blame, so anything a family member does reflects heavily on the rest of the family too. Vandalism and bullying are common against families of people who were publicly caught for serious crimes, even if the family had done nothing wrong.

I think the folks not bullying his mom was enough to reflect that they're grateful for the murder of a pedo rapist. The problem is, the solution was vigilante murder, and exploding into emotions to the point of murder reflects badly on your moral capacity, at least in the way their culture sees it (since they're heavily influenced by Buddhism, including the teaching of the Middle Path).

So yeah, their compromise is outright ignoring him altogether. Not pressuring, but not making it easy for him to walk without being reminded of his crime.

Dex-chan lover
For the first time in a while a manga has me gripped like a certain Ojisan and his diner and a lovestruck girl....

Dex-chan lover
You’re just letting a girl run away into the dark??? Are you retarded???

Dex-chan lover
first half: ohh, we are getting a breather with wholesome chapter huh..
the end: dang... this is getting dark again.

Dex-chan lover
yPGP6Oq.png
Take a look at the table. Shiika probably just tried to fend off the girl by shoving her and she lost her balance, fell backwards and hit her head at the table corner.
Yeah i would say this girl is just rly unlucky and stuff happens if she is around thats why that girl said she brings misery. Still i wonder what is that girl plan, why she planned to meet MC after discharge and so, her wanting revenge would be rly stupid imo.

Dex-chan lover
I bet the lil sis isnt even bad/evil/set out for revenge. Probably wants to get close to the guy because she feels bad her own father was a child rapist that ended up making his blood lil sis commit suicide.

As always, communication would clear up any misunderstanding and drama but then this manga would be short af lol

Dex-chan lover
JFC... I get it, you feel guilty about killing a sleezy pedo, whatever.

You also feel guilty about not being there for your sister, I can understand that.

But stop being such a little bitch! Who cares what the neighborhood says, fuck 'em! It's not worth trying to kill yourself. Just take your mom and go to therapy.

In regards to dealing with the girl, just fuggin communicate, Komi! Talk the shit out, instead of this misunderstanding drama bullshit.

(FYI, I know the difference between fictional characters and reality, in case some pedantic mfer tries bringing it up)

Dex-chan lover
Way too much time keeps passing between each scene, and he still somehow fails to gather basic info about whatever he saw prior scene, where him asking what was happening was stopped by something like someone calling for a moment of his aid. He does know that he can go back to the person and ask them what he just saw or what they were telling him, or whatever, right? There isn't a time-limit on this kind of thing.

Dex-chan lover
I bet the lil sis isnt even bad/evil/set out for revenge. Probably wants to get close to the guy because she feels bad her own father was a child rapist that ended up making his blood lil sis commit suicide.

As always, communication would clear up any misunderstanding and drama but then this manga would be short af lol
Not even communication (let's be kind and assume he tried multiple times off-screen beyond that kitchen scene, and she kept on brushing him off until he gave up on her telling him anything). He could simply sneak a peek at her bag to finish reading her "nefarious" plans. Or communication with third parties, like bully-girl. She clearly did want to tell him something afterall.

Dex-chan lover
So people DO KNOW he killed a rapist, not just any person, yet they are hating on him.
Do Japanese people prefer that a pedo NOT be killed?

If he went to jail in the west, he'd be a hero instead.
those black dialogs are afaik his imagination, some kind of persecution-complex. Like the cafeteria scene, the most reaction he got was "I might recognize that dude, but prolly not?" when puking. Yet just prior he had heard plenty of hate against him.

The internet posts were also clearly hating on the teacher. Some even seemed to be hating on the teachers kid (that's some weird japanese cultural thing). Noone seemed to care about him, and prolly their sentiment was "good riddance, happy someone did it". So no, he is prolly considered more of a hero, even if distrusted if ppl meet him in person.
His mother might have heard negative gossip tho, but again that seems to be a jp cultural thing, where wives who experience tragedies are looked down on and considered subhuman.

Dex-chan lover
I'd like to defend mc's lack of communicating. The events from ch1-ch5 happen in less than a week (about 5 days if I interpret it correctly). He was clearly overwhelmed.
- Ch1 -
1st day. MC got released from prison and met Shiika properly for the first time.
- Ch2 -
1st night. MC had a brief talk with his mom, then had a mental meltdown when encountering Shiika in the kitchen.
- Ch3 -
2nd day. They were eating out together when MC had a panic attack. 3rd day. He was about to off himself when Shiika stopped him at the grave. (I think this might be the best chance yet to reveal everything, but Shiika's motive isn't made known so I can't comment on that, and MC is in an agitated state so personally I can look past that. I can see why some people have a problem with it though)
- Ch4 -
3rd day cont. Shiika dragged him to her place. They talked to each other there (but I don't think her room is a good place to lay everything bare.) 3rd night. MC learnt some more about Shiika's circumstances from the mom and was asked to go get her home from school. 4th day. MC stopped Shiika's bully. After talking with her, MC found his new reason to live. Then he learnt that Shiika had already known everything, but he didn't have time to read them all properly. (in ch.3 we know that MC thought Shiika didn't know what had happened, and apparently MC wanted to keep it that way when he only confessed to her that "he had killed someone". He was understandably too shocked when he learnt that to say anything imo. I mean, how would you go about the topic on the spot? Personally I can see myself freeze up just like him.)
- Ch5 -
4th night. MC was asked to help with the party. MC resolved to brace himself to everything to come. 5th day. Party time. MC met Sumire. MC was about to ask Sumire something when he was interrupted. Then the altercation (?) happened on the 5th night.

Group Leader
So people DO KNOW he killed a rapist, not just any person, yet they are hating on him. Where do we see this? Some gossips from the housewives at the beginning and some internet comments? Murder is serious, so of course some folks would be put off by it. But so far, no one has confronted him, nor have they been defending the teacher. He's been imagining a bunch of things until now.
Do Japanese people prefer that a pedo NOT be killed? Where is this implied?
Just to remind you that Japan still has the death penalty, which is already abolished in many western countries. So, ironically, it's actually the western countries that don't want criminals (pedo or whatever) to be killed.

If he went to jail in the west, he'd be a hero instead. We've had discussion about what he did, the consequences of his actions, and why he feels the way he does for the last 4 chapters.
It's already chapter 5 and you're still commenting something like this...? It's like we've been reading two different manga, or that you should have posted this, perhaps in the first chapter's discussion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread