Saihate no Paladin

@aremem Without spoiling anything, the isekai/reincarnation aspect is not completely irrelevant to the story, although it's not really central.
> Hoping for an epic adventure when Will finally embarks on his journey (or is this not that kind of story? lol) and some character development, too, please.
It is exactly this kind of story.

AW COME ON, IT'S JUST 7 CHAPTER IN AND YOU GOT ALL FEELINGS ON ME? F*cking ninja cutting onions

Group Leader
This is a solid isekai that towers above the trash tier. The exposition, art and story telling is pretty damn good. Glad I picked it up.

Could someone spoil it for me and tell me what ends up happening to Blood and Mary at the end?

Contributor
Ok, color me impressed. SO far, only the 2nd isekai-based story that seriously works. One of the things that works so well here is that (at least so far) there is no reliance on a cheat, just some serious training while growing up. Giving it a 9 for now, with an option to up it if it continues this path of being against the grain as compared to other isekai's.

Group Leader
One of the few isekai that manages to not be an edgy and angst-filled power fantasy? I'm hooked. Proper world-building, though maybe slightly too much exposition, and great characters. Now here's hoping it stays great like this.

Aggregator gang
we are approaching the end of the novel's first volume. just finished it because i couldnt wait

This manga was really good at the beginning, and is steadily getting even better.
How the hell this is possible?

anybody who havent read the LN tell me what they think of the manga?
i feel like most of these comments are praising it with the LN in mind
these 10 chapters felt really slow, sometimes even boring

Contributor
@MangaA-Z Mushoku Tensei

While the character is a "prodigy" for the most part, it isn't an overwhelming part of the story, as the characters themselves are more of the focus rather than the use of the cheats (of which he really doesn't ahvea cheat, just smart for his age, which in manga isn't that unusual).

@garubezu I haven't touched the LN and I think the manga is fantastic. It's a slow start, sure, but that's not a bad thing at all. There's a lot of exposition, but all of it is interesting and left me with a lot of questions about the wider world we haven't seen yet. The characters so far are all interesting and likeable, and the protagonist feels very human and relatable. He honestly seems like an actual normal dude, not a bland generic "everyman", in an extrodinary situation. Plus he is shaping up to be strong but not overpowered or utterly exceptional. Plus one of the advantages of a slow start is that you can ratchet up the tension later and have exciting events actually feel exciting. Honestly I've found most good series have a fairly slow start, though not always quite so exposition heavy perhaps. Regardless everything I've seen so far shows promise and I really want to see where the series goes. If we can expect things to get even better from here this will probably end up on my number 2 spot for best isekai out there.

Here's a link to 3 vols of translated LN:
http://www.vn-meido.com/k1/index.php?PHPSESSID=va8rgpqa2lvp5oghurqh76dcv3&topic=2565.0

@garubezu

Compared to the LN, the manga definitely feels a bit rushed or packed and exposition-y, but that's because the LN does a huge amount of world-building. I'd say every detail is important so far, and there's a huge payoff at the end. That considered, it's not bad. I expect it gets better after the end of Vol. 1 and the manga is now close to that.

@Ainz

If you can, just wait a couple chapters because it should be coming up soon. It's one of the best bits in the book for me.

Edit: There was a spoiler here, but I didn't realize they weren't allowed on this page. Sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread