Saihate no Paladin

The skeletons design is weird as hell, but Holy shit this thing has an amazing story.

The first arc had me tearing up all over the place, and it subverts a bunch of isekai tropes.

For starts its actually good, but beyond that his family is important, the gods and magic are compelling, and the world has enough mystery to be intriguing.

This isn't just a top tier Isekai

It's a top tier story period.

Dex-chan lover
@buskin i'm glad i wasn't the only one tearing up at this.

Even though this is categorizes as isekai, to all intents and purposes it's not, the only "isekai" connection is really tenuous and honestly has almost zero effect on the story.

The best isekais are those that don't rely on the genre alone.

Saihate no Paladin has so much to offer - characterisation, plot, and world building - and at no point in time does the isekai subplot dominate the narrative focus. All good things are best in balance.

TL;DR: shit's wholesome

I'm really liking this one so far, this is probably one of the best Isekai i've ever read.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, ending at chapter 14 would've been fine. I don't think any manga has gotten this close to moving me to tears. <3

10/10 best isekai I've read in a while. The adventure is just starting and it's at ch 16! The whole first arc of Will growing up was amazing.

Fed-Kun's army
Again, i do absolutely recommend reading the LN by any means(preferably buying the volumes), its my highest rated translated novel for GOOD reasons.

Dex-chan lover
I dont know what exactly it is, but something about the manga, how its written and illustrated is just a few notches better then other mangas of the same setup.

It has that extra spice I cant find.

That first person in the chapter.. damn. It's not often a manga/book or such is able to make me feel something.

I still don't like the magic system, but the story telling is gorgeous. Every now and then I shed a tear reading this. Really high quality content here.

I've read a lot of isekai cause

idk why but i like power stories

But the thing is, they've all been missing genuine character development. I read a chapter once where they just shoved "drama" into the story, and I had no attachment to the characters, so it had really no effect. This one, you can tell they have a bond of some sort, unlike some master/slave stuff. I don't mind it sometimes, but it's something I see happen a lot. Really liking this story so far, and hope it keeps up this pace.

πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

Users who are viewing this thread