Saihate no Paladin

This is what isekai mangakas should follow if they want a proper serious story (IMO)
[ul]No instantly attracted to mc and follows on journey (love at first fight)
No harem where male companions seems to avoid joining for some reason
Cheat-like abilities with no side effects at the start (bye effort with no strategy or thinking)
Backstories of the companions and emotional investment "real" feelings with fear
Priests/paladin companions actually being saint-like in actions
Humor not overused where half of the content is slapstick, not much on lore and development[/ul]
It's like a better Grimgar, serious (with more lore)

guess they removed the tragedy tag, even though its tragedy.

I came for fast paced Japanese style isekai. Odd, unrefined story with shit ton of generic pieces that look cool because the artstyle carries the damn thing. Not hollywood-ish writing with cringey japanese humor and plain art. The humor is shit because it breaks the feel. The art is so-so, and it doesn't do this thing's lore and drama any justice at all. I'd rather go for the LN if it has one. I rate it a shitty 6. The writing, humor and dragging intro aside, is a nice and shiny 8.

Contributor
Nice bait Amaryn.
Stay away with your generic isekai shit.
This is not isekai, its pure fantasy, but you need brains for this.

This is honestly such a step above the typical garbage in this genre. Can't wait to read more.

Man is it refreshing to see someone write a lawful good Paladin actually as Lawful Good, lol.

Show me a problem you can't solve with a German Suplex and I will show you spiteful lies.

Seeing a comment below and considering some comments I've seen in less challenging series around here, I've got a words of caution for fellow isekai readers.

For anyone coming here specifically for isekai, be warned, this story requires things like human empathy and critical thinking skills that may have been burned to a husk by years of harem isekai muck. If you're waiting for busty 0 dimensional heroines to claw their way out of the filth so at you can vicariously live through the main character's exploitation of them, you're about to be horribly confused. Your irritation at the story on this account is simply evidence that you need rehabilitation.

@ku4eto this is an isikai story however they form a core part of the character and he is just trying to spread the word of god and all that

I just finished reading all chapter until 12.5 and I'm crying now why a climax TT_TT now I want to know what will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread