Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut

Please carry this on, I remember reading this years ago and I wanna know how this ting goes

Dex-chan lover
This story's premise is absolutely illogical.
The boy braked the roof of the huge building just by stepping on it.
How the cat ascended it?
Why students are able to take out armored vehicles on a whim?
Why it's possible to use them inside the building and crash everything around to catch the kid?
How it's possible for the kid to be the strongest Drag-Knight? (Shinji get in the robot)
Why he is captured then?
Why he is so happy being a prisoner of war? If there is a war, there should be hatred. People are killing each other, there is no place for happiness.
There is also the whole military academy of kids who absolutely don't look like some postwar people.

Also overused ecchi tropes.
It's impossible to read it without facepalming.

Dex-chan lover
@vodkavodka

The cat was able to run on the rooftop because it was much lighter than a person.
This particular incident was actually a mistake in-universe, with the students in question having to write a letter of apology for damaging the building (Chapter 2, page 26).
Lux is such a skilled Drag-Knight because he's been using a Drag-Ride since he was a child.
Lux was captured because he wasn't actually using his Drag-Ride at the time.
The circumstances of Lux (and Airi) being prisoners of war are quite complicated. In short, there's a reason why Lux accepts his situation.
It's been 5 years since the war, people rebuild and recover.
As for the ecchi tropes... no excuses there.

Dex-chan lover
@CrimsonSix
>The cat was able to run on the rooftop
- I know that the cat is light. The question was "How the cat ascended it?", don't change it to one you can answer please <:'3. The building is huge and tall. You can find some birds there but not cats.
>was actually a mistake
- I wasn't patient enough to read 2nd chapter... but let me tell you the most critical thing for any military academy: "submission to regulations" and "subordination".
This is correct for any experienced-with-wars age or setting being it fantasy or realism. Commander don't need a bunch of uncontrollable kids on the battle field. That's the army for you. That's why everything in the military academy is accompanied by strict regulations. It's not something that once broken could be brushed away with a letter of apology. For example, in our days army it's virtually impossible to bring the tank from a hangar without orders, then crush some barracks and then just write a letter of apology the day after. You will be jailed. And beaten to half-dead state before it. But probably you will be killed. That's why no one is doing it.
>he's been using a Drag-Ride since he was a child.
OK let's omit for a second that it's illogical because kids are emotionally unstable (no one will let them ride a military weapon) and their bodies not suited to pilot something meant for adults...
How old is he? He can't start to pilot it from mother's womb isn't it? May be he started from 11-12yo? And How old is he now? 15yo? Any adult will have much much much more experience then him. Even if he started earlier than I assumed.
>captured because he wasn't actually using
I see, he is the best pilot around there but he can't even think about strategy to utilize Drag-Ride's downside while being in the damn building. This machine is clearly not suited to fighting there, it's easy to see by looking at all the destruction. Looks like he is the best only in author's head.
>...
Sorry, I can't argue about other answers because I didn't read it that far.

Dex-chan lover
@vodkavodka

Sorry, I didn't get what you were saying. The building does look pretty tall. I can only guess that the cat climbed up higher than it normally would because it was being chased (and remember that Lux climbed up there as well, and a cat is a better climber than a human).

No, it isn't realistic for a military academy, I agree with that much.

Lux is 17 now, he did in fact start when he was around 12. His skill level is implausible, but that's an inherent part of series like this where the main characters are teenagers.

Even if a Drag-Ride isn't suited for fighting indoors, it still makes its wearer much stronger and faster than a human on their own. And Lux still got away from them despite that, only getting captured by someone not in a Drag-Ride. Besides, the idea of him being the best is a bit of an exaggeration (and even someone who's the best can still lose, especially if they have a disadvantage like not having their main piece of equipment).

Aggregator gang
its back poggers

aaand its been 1 year

fuck

EDIT 2: its been almost 2 years.

fuck again

Dex-chan lover
Ok, so... fantasy-flavored Infinite Stratos? I can work with this. I.S.-using genius guy, in a world where only women use the battle suits, where he enrolls as the only guy in the school, and his first fight is against a blonde-haired girl who uses a suit that can detach parts of itself for multi-angle attacks... Yep, checks out. When does the melee-focused twin-tail girl show up? What about the "other male student" who turns out to be a girl, with a complex family history? At least this guy isn't at "dying star" levels of dense like I.S.'s Ichika... good lord he was dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread