Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi o Hajimemashita - Vol. 2 Ch. 5.2 - (Part two)

Fed-Kun's army
famine, forest fire, earthquake, demon invasion, orc lord rising, dragons spitting area, a country's experimental ground you name it, plz at least one of them happened there

Dex-chan lover
Every adult she comes across im just like "new papa?" "New mama?" ; - ;) i just want her to be safe and happy

Contributor
Yikes, now slavery comes into play. I had thought that maybe this was a fantasy world that didn't have it for once, but that was too naive. I hope that doesn't actually come into play later and is simply just background info that helps justify her continued wariness of strangers in isolated places.

Ivy has not used any of her past world-specific experiences/knowledge yet so far, but maybe I'm mistaken in thinking she was from Earth. I have seen other isekai where the transported protagonist came not from Japan but from another fantasy world and into another, so maybe this is one of those.

The two knights/adventurers misunderstood her, but they seemed to be good natured guys and tried to cheer her on. And later helped her while their misunderstanding kept going (about her being expelled because of famine, but the expulsion part itself is not that far from reality given that they really wanted to get rid of her).

Our precious and plucky young heroine needs all the help she can get. Bless these guys for trying to help.

Dex-chan lover
I like how the fold at the back of her hood makes her look like she has dog ears, very cute ❤️

The characters (esp the MC), narrative pacing and storytelling within the setting are quite good, but the worldbuilding bothers me. The dumps, for one thing, contain way too much valuable and useful/reusable material. In any larger town or city, there should be a population of poor people and beggars, including street children, who would compete for any even slightly useful or valuable trash. And who would be out hunting any local game animals that could be sold.

Weapons and weapon-grade metals are valuable and can easily be repaired or recycled. No one would just abandon heaps of them unless badly corroded or otherwise beyond saving. It's hard also to believe that schools or tutors would throw away so many reusable bottles when training potions could simply be poured out after class.

I guess I'm saying that the economy doesn't make sense. This isn't a big problem, as the story is still quite enjoyable, but it's hard to overlook in a series that revolves around the economics of subsistence.

Users who are viewing this thread