Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi o Hajimemashita

Dex-chan lover
The thing that I don't understand from reading ahead in the light novel:
Why would people throw away usable potions into the garbage dump? If she can effectively drink them, why wouldn't the original owners keep them until they're truly useless? Why throw away the containers too? Why can't they reuse the containers for something else? Why throw away usable clothes or degraded magic bags that a little child could repair by stitching and reuse them? Why didn't they sell them off to a secondhand shop? Isn't this a medieval society where resources are scarce and reusing old items is supposed to be the norm?

Group Leader
This world building seems weird... (spoilers up to c2)
She's such a pariah for her skills that are so awful she can only tame a slime that they're trying to kill her even after she's moved to the outskirts of town for three years... and yet, even in c2, it's established that adventurer parties are required, by law, to have a slime tamer with them, and there's a general shortage of slime tamers working as waste disposal in villages.

Edit: Clarified; see a few posts later.

Group Leader
@Nk9bjP4A

The dump she ran into in the manga so far is
an illegal dump
, which adventurers use. Presumably, they're too busy to go back into town and dispose of it properly, and it's not worth their time to recycle stuff.

This is probably an allegory to some social problem in Japan?

So basically it's the joy of unreasoning prejudice like we get in our world. Smart cookie to run. Most people would of just ended up dead. executed/Burnt as a witch/curse/heretic etc in our world...
That fortune teller really was just lovely but from the comments I see there's a lot more to that village than the manga shows.

@Harvester I dunno if it's the editor for the manga or the translator, but that detail is a little different in the WN. She's only able to tame a weaker form of the regular slime.

Group Leader
Ah, that makes a bit more sense. I read it that her skill was really low, so about all she could tame were slimes, who were generally really weak, not that she could only manage to tame slimes that looked like they've been napping in the sun a little too long and so weak they could barely hold themselves together.

Aggregator gang
I love this series. It gives me different vibes. Survival, no cheat eventhough you have memory of previous life.
Expecting some development.

Dex-chan lover
Hmmm, a manga about medieval illegal garbage dumps 😂

Wonder why the hell they even care, I mean earthlings didn't care pretty much at all long past the industrial revolution, and these people are way before that, plus they even have magical slime-trash-disposers

i can't express my love enough, ivy is so sweet and so cute. she doesn't deserve the life she has, i hope everyone reads this!

i like it, unlike many other isekai that powerful MC, some is weak to strong too, but somehow this one is interesting.
is there any novel for this?

Dex-chan lover
@Pavlovena : Novel Updates Raw

@Harvester :
The slime they use for waste disposal requires 2 stars to tame, the Sora is a weak and fragile variant that does not require any stars,
though I think it is really she can not forcibly tame anything, and has to get them friendly to her first, while other tamers can force a bond, the # of stars representing the strength of their ability to force said bond.

@Nk9bjP4A :
From what I got, they are throwing out the ones that have started to degrade, same as mos people throwing out mlk after the best buy date, it is still usable but not as good or reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread