Saijo no Osewa Takane no Hana-darakena Meimon-kou de, Gakuin Ichi no Ojou-sama (Seikatsu Nouryoku Kaimu) wo Kagenagara Osewa suru Koto ni Narimashita…

Dex-chan lover
Well, it does have a small bit of an endgame as players are put on something of a time clock to tackle as many challenges as possible before the world is consumed. Though, it turns out that if you defeat all the challenges (the pillars of light and missions to evacuate residents) the timer seems to just stop and you can continue to go around the world like normal with plenty of enhanced enemies and stronger variants to face off against. It doesn't have the same type of endgame like Dragon's Dogma 1 with the.. world dragon? i forget it's name, where players could fight it alongside others to deal damage for rewards but it does offer a straight new game + that carries pretty much everything over into a new run. That being said, it does take all of the port crystals you placed down and puts them back in your inventory so players will still need to hike to the various special areas like the Sphinx, Medusa,and Elf villageg.

Dex-chan lover
The usual MC being the center of the world, meddling in everything thinking everything that doesn't fit MCs liking is wrong & everyone should answer every little question MC has about things.

I'm not saying MC is "wrong", I'm saying look at it from a villain perspective, this is MC being a total MC and calling things in his own way. Having things fall his way without considering others lives.

"Do you expect me to go to school when she's colapsed"
"I'm supposed to take care of her"
"I didn't know (like he would do something if he knew)"
"If there's no one close to her, I can!"

This is all the typical MC thinking of "She's not dating me but I'm the center of the world therefore I have the right to meddle in anything and everything".

Now obviously with the authors savior complex this will all be exactly what everyone wants in the end but lets ignore that and think about a world with free will rather than author control.

How did her life get to a state where there's this huge hole of "nobody close to her" for MC to sit his fat arse? Maybe that was never the case and there's actually multiple people around like friends at school and people at home that cares for her and are getting forced out by the unseen force of the author to make room for MCs enterence, why else would she be totally isolated at school & at home before MCs sudden appearance.

In the first place, the only reason MC got close to her was the MC power of "first impression is always supreme when MC" where not only did he get fucking kidnapped with her but she also magically got a feeling of safety from him despite him not doing anything to earn it.

Well anyway, if this was a villain novel MC would clearly show his trash self rather than being cuddled by the author like this.
While I agree with your analysis on the MC. The way he's written is pretty self-inserty. He doesn't have skills that would have the heroine or any high-class lady be interested in him other than he's poor and the novelty about that. He isn't charming or charismatic he's just plain and boring. He isn't really heroic either when he first met the heroine it was portrayed as pretty humorous despite the fact they're kidnapped.

I will argue the reason she's like this has been described as the fact she has an image to uphold outside of home and everyone at home are doing their job not trying to get close to her whether the author wrote it that way specifically or there's an ounce of realism is up to the reader.

Dex-chan lover
Well, it does have a small bit of an endgame as players are put on something of a time clock to tackle as many challenges as possible before the world is consumed. Though, it turns out that if you defeat all the challenges (the pillars of light and missions to evacuate residents) the timer seems to just stop and you can continue to go around the world like normal with plenty of enhanced enemies and stronger variants to face off against. It doesn't have the same type of endgame like Dragon's Dogma 1 with the.. world dragon? i forget it's name, where players could fight it alongside others to deal damage for rewards but it does offer a straight new game + that carries pretty much everything over into a new run. That being said, it does take all of the port crystals you placed down and puts them back in your inventory so players will still need to hike to the various special areas like the Sphinx, Medusa,and Elf villageg.
Really sounds like i'm gonna have to wait for them to make another Dark Arisen to find that game more fun than tedious

I believe the boss you're talking about is the Ur Dragon, it was more of a shared life pool across all players within the console server, each player having a damage cap on what they can deal each cycle. Sad they didnt make an equivalent or expound on the idea of it.

Dex-chan lover
rich people don't have emotions it's impossible that they can properly care for a child
Being rich gives you the psychological equivalent of a traumatic brain injury. You start losing some basic human faculties because they're not needed anymore.
https://insight.kellogg.northwestern.edu/article/losing-touch

Here's some related stuff.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23963971/
https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.1118373109
https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/images/uploads/ClassCompetition-PDF.pdf

Dex-chan lover
so that umaru ability came with a price. they should really just let her eat all the cola and potato chips all she wants while geeking out with games just like UMARU. better than bedridden for 2-3 days

Supporter
Wait, where did the harem tag come from?? Please don’t ruin the story with that.

Anyone have any LN spoilers to ease my worries?
Sorry, can't do that. There's a main girl, a rival, another guy's love interest and two childhood friends in the bag at the point I've read up to, most of whom he has some actual interest in (unsurprisingly, given the plot restriction placed on him pursuing the main girl, his attentions are lured away at times).

Supporter
The usual MC being the center of the world, meddling in everything thinking everything that doesn't fit MCs liking is wrong & everyone should answer every little question MC has about things.

I'm not saying MC is "wrong", I'm saying look at it from a villain perspective, this is MC being a total MC and calling things in his own way. Having things fall his way without considering others lives.

"Do you expect me to go to school when she's colapsed"
"I'm supposed to take care of her"
"I didn't know (like he would do something if he knew)"
"If there's no one close to her, I can!"

This is all the typical MC thinking of "She's not dating me but I'm the center of the world therefore I have the right to meddle in anything and everything".

Now obviously with the authors savior complex this will all be exactly what everyone wants in the end but lets ignore that and think about a world with free will rather than author control.

How did her life get to a state where there's this huge hole of "nobody close to her" for MC to sit his fat arse? Maybe that was never the case and there's actually multiple people around like friends at school and people at home that cares for her and are getting forced out by the unseen force of the author to make room for MCs enterence, why else would she be totally isolated at school & at home before MCs sudden appearance.

In the first place, the only reason MC got close to her was the MC power of "first impression is always supreme when MC" where not only did he get fucking kidnapped with her but she also magically got a feeling of safety from him despite him not doing anything to earn it.

Well anyway, if this was a villain novel MC would clearly show his trash self rather than being cuddled by the author like this.
Her dad has been an emotional cripple since losing her mother. And everyone around him has watched him take it out on his daughter. That's why there's so little effective pushback from the staff; ML is doing what they've known has needed doing for some time. In many ways, those closest to her are so blatantly grooming him for that role, you begin to wonder if the whole kidnapping thing wasn't a setup from the start.

He eventually won't have full plot armor. He'll make some very wrong moves. He'll make some very right moves that won't sit well with the folks who've been on his side, too. He's no Gary Stu.

Dex-chan lover
Sorry, can't do that. There's a main girl, a rival, another guy's love interest and two childhood friends in the bag at the point I've read up to, most of whom he has some actual interest in (unsurprisingly, given the plot restriction placed on him pursuing the main girl, his attentions are lured away at times).
uh what, can you explain more about "another guy's love interest"? How did that happen? Don't tell me it was about the pair who were MC's first friends at the school... That sounds ominous

Dex-chan lover
If it takes two or three days, it's not particularly light.

Well, she's right about that. He shouldn't miss school because of her if there's someone there to take care of her.
On the contrary, I believe he should've stayed there to care for her. The only reason he's going to that school is because he has to as part of his job. His job being to take care of her. If that maid or any of the other servants were taking care of her, then he wouldn't have a job.

Dex-chan lover
On the contrary, I believe he should've stayed there to care for her. The only reason he's going to that school is because he has to as part of his job. His job being to take care of her. If that maid or any of the other servants were taking care of her, then he wouldn't have a job.
He's not the only one taking care of her, so other servants taking care of her does not mean he doesn't have a job. He's specifically meant to take care of her public image. That includes going to school and maintaining a good enough grade. When she's home sick he doesn't need to make sure her image is upheld, so he can go to school alone.

Dex-chan lover
He's not the only one taking care of her, so other servants taking care of her does not mean he doesn't have a job. He's specifically meant to take care of her public image. That includes going to school and maintaining a good enough grade. When she's home sick he doesn't need to make sure her image is upheld, so he can go to school alone.
We've never been shown the other servants do anything to take care of her. However, we do know that she doesn't like them. He was hired as her "caretaker". Preserving her public image is just one of his duties. I'm not saying he can't go to school alone. I'm saying she likely would've preferred he was there as her caretaker instead.

Dex-chan lover
I'm saying she likely would've preferred he was there as her caretaker instead.
Sure, she'd prefer him to stay with her, most likely. But catering to her wishes isn't a primary part of his job. Preserving her and his own image (since that reflects on her) is, however, and going to school and maintaining his grades is part of that. I think they went over that early on when he was hired. If education was not part of his duties, he absolutely should've stayed, but it is.

Dex-chan lover
Sure, she'd prefer him to stay with her, most likely. But catering to her wishes isn't a primary part of his job. Preserving her and his own image (since that reflects on her) is, however, and going to school and maintaining his grades is part of that. I think they went over that early on when he was hired. If education was not part of his duties, he absolutely should've stayed, but it is.
His education could be taken care of by Shizune as he's currently studying with her already. The only thing he'd miss out on is his attendance for the day, the same as her.

Users who are viewing this thread