Saikyou Juzoku Tensei ~Cheat Majutsushi no Slow Life~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
"A modest amount"... Doesn't he have more magic than practically his entire village combined at this point?

Dex-chan lover
Not crazy about miss talk-in-third-person Meya, but that's fine. I'm sure she'll supply the worldly common sense for a while, despite being an airhead herself.

Little sister sure knows how to play for keeps. A scary tactician. What would she have done if he stubbornly refused to go back and died?
Once again, Abel went about this whole thing the wrong way, but I don't find anything wrong with him wanting to leave the village itself. His father is annoying repressive and he was always going to want to see the wider world.

That said, I don't think it would've been a bad move to go back to the village anyway. Abel is easily the strongest or second strongest person in the village, and if they really tried to restrain him further, he could afford to get a little more violent on his second outing. More importantly, going back and having that proper conversation would still be preferable as far as partings go.

Dex-chan lover
@Psychronia His sister caused a situation where he either died, or lived a life shunned by everyone around him. Why would he want to go back? And being "a little more violent" when he left the second time doesn't seem preferable to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dex-chan lover
This girl trying to get close to onii-chan... she should be murdered

Dex-chan lover
Thank F he didnt have to go back.

@Slayn This issue is 90% parents fault for not explaining anything to their son until the last minute and then trying to force him to do it anyway even though he stated he wasnt ok with it. Mc could have tried a bit more to talk it through but this is a common reaction, to run away rather then to face the issue.

As I expected, MC sister is so scary. This Meya girl really is interesting, she's stupid.
I'm more excited on the day Abel and sister meets especially with Meya, with a quoting from the letter last chapter
that Abel will find someone to marry.
Gives me chills especially sister is yandere

Dex-chan lover
For some reason I have this thought that his sister is a person with their past memories who never got to marry or always had shitty men in her life. She thought she had a sure thing and she wasn't going to let it slip away even if she has to chop off his legs to keep him from running away and removing his thumbs so he can't hold a wand or carve a totem. Real crazy bitch stuff. Though Abel is the one who is the problem, though I do not think it fair that he wouldn't be allowed to travel and learn more about magic. He did nothing to learn about their the customs of the people he was born to. If he learned at an early age that it was practice for siblings within 5 years of age to marry he could have nipped that in the bud when he was like 5 or 6. I wouldn't have been surprised if his parents didn't talk about that with them around. It didn't seem like he had any attachment to the his birth parents either.

@Chet31 incest in the marren clan is tradition, so it is common sense to all in the clan except this boy born with his past life memories. The only thing he cared to learn was magic, he didn't care to learn his clan's common sense, history, traditions and other important things. His sister was probably raised thinking she was going to marry her brother because that is natural and she was told that by her mother and father. Then the brother you've hung around all your life your future husband tosses you out like nothing, with no proper explanation. Embarrassing not only her, but making her feel like shit and that abel thinks so little of her. Maybe humans in the land of magic don't suffer from genetic defects that inbreeding and heck normal every day births have. Maybe they have 12 kids but 10 turn out to be little mutant bastards that are sacrificed to an evil tree god which granted the maren clan their powers lol

Dex-chan lover
@Liquidxlax How is anything Abel's fault? Sure, he was obsessed with learning magic. But it's the parents who are responsible for their kids learning common sense. You wouldn't expect a child to actively seek out knowledge about traditions and such, you would expect the parents to teach the child. Sure, he reincarnated with his memories, but his parents didn't know that. Since Abel's morals include "incest=bad", I'm pretty sure he would have reacted if they told him at any point in his life. He has shitty, neglectful parents, and now a crazy brocon little sister. He did the right thing leaving, good riddance.

Edit: Sorry was a bit rude maybe. Was just getting annoyed with all the complaints, didn't mean to lash out like that. Still, gonna leave this as is. Hope you have a good day!

Double-page supporter
I have the same reaction with Abel about Meya's species' biological weirdness.

PoH

@cor3zone
Isn't common sense is something you learn by just watching your surrounding, not being directly taught by your parents?
I think that a lot of people are pissed because he ran away from someone's feeling. Like you know that someone is in love with you, and your respond to their feeling is just to run away. I'm fine if in the future that he would have a proper talk and directly confront his sister feelings.
Also, applying a modern logic and moral into a medieval fantasy world isn't the best option.

Meya looks tasty, Beasts approve it ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )
I'm on sister's side
She always fantasized marrying her brother and never looked at other men, but that dick left her without a care!
Applying other world logic is a dick move, here incest is morally and biologically acceptable.
I love that sister as she's not the type to destroy her own life just for her brother's 'moral values'
Girls should be like this
I'm proud of her

Dex-chan lover
@PoH Yeah, it's partly from watching your surroundings. But the biggest part is from boundaries set by parents. Parents telling you to do chores, or not be nasty to others, etc.. Basically, raising a kid is instilling them with the common sense and morals of the society you live in. Being able to learn from observation doesn't mean the parents are off the hook for not going their damn jobs, especially seeing the result for Abel. His parents failed him, is the bottom line.

And I agree, from the perspective of his clan, Abel is an idiot at best and a monster at worst. But from his perspective, he did the only thing he could. Abel's morals and common sense come from our society. His father didn't listen to his objections, but rather pushed even harder. Forced marriage in three days is a bit much, even if it wasn't with his sister. His sister had been raised, since she was four, to believe marriage with her brother was normal and expected. Abel had no reason to believe she would listen either, and guess what, her actions proved him right. His mother, while she did voice concerns, just folded and accepted the father's decision. Everyone in the village knew about it, yet not a single one of them ever told him straight up. As far as I'm concerned, the Marren clan is basically an incest cult, and I would run so fucking far from it they would never hear from me again. And it's not like Abel did that, he actually left a letter. Just, his wacko sister hid it and made him choose death or being the village pariah.

TLDR: Parents suck at parenting, sister is insane, clan traditions aren't wrong, but Abel did the right thing.

@OverlordSaiki Yeah, she just wants to destroy his life. Hardly makes for a happy marriage, I would say.

Dex-chan lover
Marrying your sister by our standards is creepy. This world though? What the main did would be seen as a terrible insult to his sister. The kind of thing that is tough to forgive.

Fed-Kun's army
I miss the days when people just read fantasy stuff and knew that it was fantasy. The author could make all kinds of strange customs and people would read it and be like "that's interesting", be entertained, and move on.

Nowadays, everyone has to read their own values of the real world into any fictional story and be like "omg, incest, omg gays, omg pedo, omg...". It's annoying. People are just so weak-minded these days that they think everything fictional has to align with their own sense of values. They can no longer differentiate between reality and fiction.

Read the story. See the strange world that the author has created. Then file it away as an entertaining past time that has no lasting effects in your life. And just don't make any more stupid comments to pretend that you're all virtuous and shit. Because the most "righteous" of you would certainly have lewd fantasies if you had a super cute/hot sister that adores you. Maybe you're just salty because you don't.

I'm kinda going to miss Gazel looks like he finally got out of the village though I do hope at the very least we see Gazel later down the line I do wonder if she will search for her brother or if she will stay in the village

Dex-chan lover
@Eksentrysyti But thinking about and discussing things is how we learn, about ourselves and others. Do you think Lord of the Rings would be as popular if nobody discussed it? What about old fairytales, like Cinderella or Jack and the Beanstalk? The old myths? It's how we learn!

And you're right, I have had lewd fantasies. Not my sister, but my cousin. But that's all it was, just fantasy. I don't consider myself "righteous" or "virtuous", but I'm damn well better than the damn cult everyone keep saying MC should be glad to be part of! Marrying a relative, especially being forced to, is just horrible.

Users who are viewing this thread