Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tensei-ki ~Geboku no Youkai-domo ni Kurabete Monster ga Yowasugiru n da ga~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
If you think about it, this was the quickest and easiest way to get the information from him, so I wouldn't call this edgy

I can't ever take people seriously, calling something like this edgy. MC here literally just pulled a genjutsu, which is exactly what Itachi does in Naruto. Nothing edgy about it. A character that's constantly called one of the best anti-hero characters ever, not some edgy sad boi. I guess something just can't be cool without being called edgy at all anymore.

Pretty interesting to see both MC and the presumed hero Amiyu are not exactly lawful-aligned or even good-aligned, at least as shown so far. MC is quite cunning and strategic for only doing things that bring him benefits and information that he wants according to his personal agenda, and Amiyu isn't really the kind saintly girl heroic hero too but more about doing stuff for her own sake resentfully and don't exactly care about other well-beings too. Both are giving me chaotic-good or chaotic-neutral currently. Though I can tell some readers are not used to seeing main characters that aren't necessarily lawful and/or good aligned (which most of the hot-blooded typical shounen MCs&co. usually are) and got confused/frustrated with how MC would rather prioritize gaining intel than eliminating risks of casualty when first coming across the magic circle, and the supposed hero is also such a close-minded arrogant bitch.

Personally, I think chaotic characters are fun to read because they tend to be less predictable and have personal secrets/agendas that get me curious to see how the story goes. Though, I have to say darker/chaotic stories are more enjoyable for readers who are in a chill-er mood, who are not in a bad mood of feeling stressed out by reality/personal life and looking for fantasy escapism. Usually, I'd take a break from darker/chaotic stories if I'm not in a good mood and read the more lighthearted type of stories that are generally about healing/mofumofu/slice-of-life/cooking/cute romantic fantasies, or even inspirational/motivational hot-blooded sports genre, and determined in dropping series that I honestly just don't enjoy reading instead of piling up my following-backlogs feeling like I "need" to enjoy reading them because they're supposedly what I like given their genres/themes/settings, which doing all that actually helps my overall reading experiences to be better.

This was actually a decent use of the duplication trope. Yall are calling this edgy just to be edgy.

Group Leader
@monkey123

Who the frick are you talking about?
When did i say that the mc needs to be the demonlord? :_D

Yes, i know that you dont have the littlest brain so yes it must suck to be you :D

I will not gonna answer you from now on so go and sleep

Dex-chan lover
"Did you really think I'd die if you killed me?"

For real though, those of you saying this is edgy wouldn't live for long in a fantasy world. Information gathering is important. If that means having the demon spill the beans on everything while having him fight your body double, then that's what you do. From this, MC learned the red-head is the hero that was prophesied and that a new demon lord was born as well. Now he'll probably plan out how to either avoid the annoyance of fighting the demon lord, or killing him without being seen to enjoy a stress free life. Or maybe even a third option, cause our MC definitely not a good-aligned guy.

Dex-chan lover
He just threw Emiya's words right out the window. And bruh that was awesome. I'm betting the demon will be like: "WTH HAX. REPORTED!"

Dex-chan lover
Since when were you under the impression...that you were under the impression?

Users who are viewing this thread