Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki ~Geboku no Youkaidomo ni Kurabete Monster ga Yowaisugirundaga~ - Vol. 7 Ch. 30

Double-page supporter
The princess is a case of a character with precognition on paper, but not in practice.
How could she use her foresight to win at chess, but not do the same for her conversation?
It also sounds like she has seen what Seika can do, in which case her statement about Hero or Demon Lord being a rounding error makes little sense. A dude who can kill others in this world from far away using a curse they have no defense against, like e.g. military commanders, is at least as valuable as an army.

Dex-chan lover
Just my guess…. But what if….

In a world of humans and demons, fearing repercussions of a forbidden love, the MC demon lord and female hero are sent on a highly secretive escape.

Unbeknownst to them, it's a disguised honeymoon orchestrated by their kingdoms to celebrate their unconventional union, proving the lengths taken for their happiness?

Lol

Dex-chan lover
It also sounds like she has seen what Seika can do, in which case her statement about Hero or Demon Lord being a rounding error makes little sense.
To be fair, she's explaining the consensus among humans and demons, not her personal point of view.
Still full of contradictions for reasons I detailed in my other two comments, but not a problem in regard to the princess' individual opinion.

Dex-chan lover
Doubt it. The curse always happen. If there is a Demon Lord, there will be a Brave to fight them
Funny enough, their existence does seem to be somewhat guaranteed by fate or something similar...
... but not their actions.
Nothing seems to compel them into fighting each other, either as individuals or as members of opposite factions.
So the whole spiel about their existence being automatically translated into a war is simply a lie... or a mistake at best.

Dex-chan lover
really can’t blame mc for not trusting a girl who’s powers literally let her manipulate every situation for her own advantage And who even set up this entire thing months in advance. Plus he was betrayed in his past life. Plus she seemingly has a demon guarding her (I’m sure mc noticed) and her father has crazy demon eyes.

I still don’t trust her either. Sure she seems nice but this could also be prep work for her next plan
Even then, he was already betrayed once. So it's not really surprising for him not to trust anyone

Dex-chan lover
waitinh seika to get tired of this bich bullshit and decided to self nuke himself along with eberyone

Double-page supporter
Thank you for the upload. This is taking an interesting direction. More of a political game instead of a prophecy.

Double-page supporter
soooo this new king has the rinnegan...huh? Im curious as to what will happen in the next few chapters

The princess complained that Seika fixed the damage.

I guess those dead soldiers/knights are just statistics, you know, collateral damage, necessary sacrifice, cannon fodder....
considering the princess said that demon lord/hero being worth thousands of soldiers is just a rounding error these poor fuckers aren't even that

This plot is begining to tear at the seams. Precognition is a stupid ability that requires a very strict set of logical rules in order to function within a narrative, and author-san has defined literally nothing about the ability. Triggers? Scope? Control? Accuracy? Number of uses? There are a myriad of things that need to be addressed or else it's literally just a crutch to write themselves into and out of scenarios. Up until now with the way she has used her ability it would seem that she can use it at will with no need for any special requirements, in addition she can look into both the near and distant future with pinpoint accuracy looking for specific people and events, also she was able to see and predict an entire game of chess in real time, all with no apparent blowback or downside. With these inferences she is literally invincible, there is no eventuality she cannot account for or scenario she can't avoid with the authority and power her position holds, unless she is simply an ornament ruler with no real power but the appearance of shadow demon says otherwise. By simply removing the hero from where the incident would take place and having a diplomatic regimen of her high ranking demon friends to intercept the assassins and peacefully send them back home everything could have been avoided, "we want peace," sure you f*cking do. Up until this damned princess was introduced I was able to enjoy the simple story for what it was, but after this latest incident I just can't, her existence is breaking the world, either her powers don't work the way they have been shown or she is just a bumbling moron. Or she secretly wants to strengthen her position by manipulating the movements of the demon lord, however I doubt that she is the final villain we have to overcome but if she is then all of cracks in the plot regarding her will be filled.

Dex-chan lover
Ehhhhh I was hoping this would change more from the anime and the mc would not go along with that extremely untrustworthy princess’s every whim just because of “friendship”

Dex-chan lover
what if the hero and the demon lord are classmates

How do you even make that wild guess based on the circumstances...? Even as a demon lord, our boy should be far in excess power-wise to what they're expecting. I would have expected a far greater calamity first than assume they're bosom buddies with the hero.

Dex-chan lover
wKYXHBZ.png

While people are serious with their discussion on the plot, what interested me was seeing an annoyed waifu.

Dex-chan lover
This plot is begining to tear at the seams. Precognition is a stupid ability that requires a very strict set of logical rules in order to function within a narrative, and author-san has defined literally nothing about the ability.
There is another factor to consider that limits the efficiency of such an ability.
The intelligence and imagination of the user. Add to this ethics and psychological flaws and you can end with serious blind spots in your precognitive exploration.
I compared this to Dr Strange using the Time Stone: you can explore millions of possible futures, but those are only the ones based on actions you can think of. The user's imagination (which means the author's, really) is a strong limiting factor even if the ability itself has little to no limitation.

That said, I agree with you that there were many courses of action she could have taken, even with limited political power or imagination. The only reason things turned out without casualties... other than the "diplomats"... is because Seika is actually more powerful than she even imagined. Mass resurrection and material restoration, Seika just erased all the traces of his little angry rampage. (Except the memories of the participants, apparently, since the resurrected victims were shown to question the events. They remember, they just don't get why they're alive.)

But I think that what breaks the story is not her power, as badly implemented as it was. It's the whole reasoning that, on the one hand, the hero and demon lord are irrelevant, negligible factors in war but, on the other hand, they must be eliminated because they can break the balance between the two realms. And the whole related reasoning that the hero is too weak to be a major factor in a war when left alone, but also a threat that must be eliminated... which could and likely would paradoxically make her grow into the threat that the demons and humans both fear. And the fact that the whole conspiracy was setup before even identifying the demon lord, which is the most important factor of all.
Basically, it's the insane contrast between thinking of the hero and demon lord as negligible variables and acting as if they were the most significant entities in the world.

Compared to this crazy broken background, the little princess' predictive ability is just a slightly underused/misused story point.

Dex-chan lover
Bro she is one of the most sketchy and untrustworthy character ever and when she said please trust me I bust out laughing it was so funny, to have balls to even suggest that he have faith in you is so incredibly selfish and ridiculous I cant

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Oh, I forgot a major point.

There is also the explanation about the hero's strength.
The whole explanation basically means that a hero in general isn't a threat to peace: the hero's strength grows in proportion to the threat directed at him/her. If, as the princess says, "nobody wishes for war nowadays", then the hero's strength would be just a little above average. Nothing particularly dangerous on a worldwide scale.
The hero herself wasn't aware of her status, so it would have taken some of the very few people who knew her status to bring it up publicly for her to become a trigger for war or something like that. When everybody now considers them as statistical "rounding errors" in a war, so it wouldn't have a real impact. Right.

There are so many inconsistencies in this whole background that the story just breaks here.

It could have worked a little better with a corrupt lord who sided with demons, trying to offer the human hero as a sacrifice.
It could have worked with a background where the mere existence of the hero and demon lord were so unbalanced it threatened the world.
Instead, they are described as so negligible in modern times... that they are better off killed than left alone? This is so contradictory I'm just baffled by the sheer stupidity.

This puzzled me as well. But maybe it's meant more as "even though the Hero and Demon Lord are essentially worthless in terms of combat strength nowadays, the mere concept of them being around is still enough to create conflict, leading to war".

However, the demons sending in a hit squad to murder a human citizen (the Hero) seems like a dumb way to avoid conflict, so who knows? Maybe the demons don't actually care about preventing war and just have a grudge against the Hero.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe the demons don't actually care about preventing war...
... and neither do the humans.

The explanation from the princess starts with both sides deciding that war can be waged without the hero and demon lord, because the both of them wouldn't make a significant contribution anyway.
I think that means that both sides are still fine with waging war conventionally. They just don't want an uncontrolled variable thrown in their plans.

She mentions a little later that "nobody wishes for war nowadays", but that's not quite convincing in regards to the earlier explanation.

If it was truly about peace, the discussion wouldn't be about how much the hero and demon lord contribute to war, but how they cause it. Which is not how it goes given that neither the hero nor the demon lord of this generation were interested in war and are even good friends. This proves that, even if "fate" or some other similar force creates the hero and demon lord, it doesn't force them into conflict. Which means that the source of the conflict between humans and demons lies within themselves, not these two "representatives".

In light of this all, I suspect that territorial disputes are ongoing, but no side is interested in a genocidal conquest. The general public isn't even aware of the current existence of the hero or demon lord, and the higher-ups first attempted a quiet assassination rather than a public execution, so they really don't have a proper reason other than self-satisfaction at best.
Stupid and very possibly counterproductive, even if you don't know about Seika.

Dex-chan lover
Doubt it. The curse always happen. If there is a Demon Lord, there will be a Brave to fight them
Sorry, what i mean is when will there be time where the world is being flipped up side down by the demon lord and hero because the inhabitant just want to off them. So instead of prospering since there is no war, they start a war to avoid a war instead

Users who are viewing this thread