Sankakkei no Kowashi-kata - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
Being a stage play, or the physical manifestation of Koto's script, a Tanabata wish, or something would explain why Aya doesn't remember the conversation she had with Erika on the day she disappeared since Koto wouldn't have known about it.

I believe the script was called "Wishful Thinking" in one of the flashbacks, which goes along with a lot of the reoccurring themes/symbolism.

Group Leader
You know, when the story could end right there, and it's just the start, its kind of worrying..

Aggregator gang
I'm 99% sure the play is just a metaphor for everything going towards the way koto planned it out. She put on this act of being distant towards aya to get aya to fall deeper in love with her

Dex-chan lover
Poor Erika though 😞 If only she could move on, since it's 7 years already, but then we wouldn't have this manga lol.

Dex-chan lover
I like how the manga initially tried to lead you into thinking that there was something off about the way Erika beheaved, turns out she was just looking out for both Aya and Koto despite her own feelings. Then we have Koto who looked helpless and harmless playing Aya like a fiddle. Let's see where this goes.

Dex-chan lover
"I'd like to play a part in it, Koto. In the script you'll write." - Aya, some days before her disappearance (ch 1)

It sort of came true now...

Koto can apparently mostly predict Aya's words as if she were reading a script. Though I don't think this means she has been some kind of mustache twirling puppeteer this whole time. It could just underline the fact that she's the one holding most of the cards in the triangle now. Now both Erika and Aya's hearts are in her palm.

I figured her being a 20-something dating a highschooler would come into play somehow but I guess not.... (yet?)

A refresher: all three were 14 when Aya disappeared, while Koto and Erika are now 21. Aya would still be in middle school, 8th grade. She disappeared on the day before the Tanabata festival (evening of day 7, month 7 in the lunisolar calendar).

Given Aya's vulnerable situation (no family left, all her then-friends have dispersed from their hometown), Koto (and probably also Erika) not feeling great about going back to college and leaving her behind makes sense, but technically Koto could have brought Aya home with herself without agreeing to date. So I am also a little worried about what this relationship might do to Aya. Based on Koto's line on the last page ("Don't go away again, okay?"), she does not want to let Aya go, lest she disappears on them again. During the date it seemed like she was saying goodbye, but either she changed her mind (she was surprised by Aya asking if her feelings have faded away), or it was just an act.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
so, I'm guessing Aya's mother left her and that made Aya had abandonment issues? That's why she's so insistent on getting together with Koto, even though it's very clear that their relationship might not work anymore since Koto has changed.

Koto seems... manipulative to me. It feels like she was actively talking like that to make Aya fears losing her. And what happened between Erika and Koto back here https://mangadex.org/chapter/15f6cdc6-bffd-48df-9313-447ee40d6a09/23 ??

Also, what did Erika mean "things are fair"???

Anw, thanks for the chapter!

so, I'm guessing Aya's mother left her and that made Aya had abandonment issues? That's why she's so insistent on getting together with Koto, even though it's very clear that their relationship might not work anymore since Koto has changed.

Koto seems... manipulative to me. It feels like she was actively talking like that to make Aya fears losing her. And what happened between Erika and Koto back here https://mangadex.org/chapter/15f6cdc6-bffd-48df-9313-447ee40d6a09/23 ??

Also, what did Erika mean "things are fair"???

Anw, thanks for the chapter!
I agree, the script writer scene there made my stomach sink lol. Was hoping for fluff

As for Erika's line- my interpretation of that was:

Erika likes Koto likes Aya - so the time Erika got Koto to herself for 7 years vs Erika helping to bring them together now makes them even(?).

I have feeling that's her heart start bounding because she is scared of being alone.

Hmm I'm not sure what to think about their age gap. I usually avoid stories with problematic age gaps but this one is pretty compelling.

It feels like Koto is manipulating Aya a bit. Perhaps Aya disappearing all those years ago left her with some underlying trauma, and she's manipulating Aya to prevent her from ever leaving again. And then Aya has her possible abandonment issues too...

I'm not foreseeing a healthy relationship here.

Dex-chan lover
hmm at this point in the story they all have a compelling reason for wanting Aya to get time skipped: Aya wants to escape to somewhere her grandparent can’t touch her, Koto wants to be a person good enough to date Aya, and Erika wants enough of a gap between Aya and Koto that she has a shot at getting Koto… although there’s obvious downsides for each of them too

Users who are viewing this thread