Sankakkei no Kowashi-kata - Vol. 3 Ch. 11

I really hope the guy from last chapter aint going to be some love rival… But if author have the need to add a love rival, atleast make it a girl and not a fucking guy…
Why are people so allergic to men in these stories? Like, Aya getting together with that guy would probably 10 times healthier than whatever they have going on with Koto, but because he’s a guy people would rather keep her in a weird, almost toxic relationship. I don’t really get it.

Group Leader
Why are people so allergic to men in these stories? Like, Aya getting together with that guy would probably 10 times healthier than whatever they have going on with Koto, but because he’s a guy people would rather keep her in a weird, almost toxic relationship. I don’t really get it.
I kinda agree. I do like a good male character in yuri manga, I think it's a shame how a lot of people seem to dislike them automatically
And I do feel it could get pretty unhealthy if Koto can't let go of that image of Aya she created
Then again I don't really care about it all in this case, I just want Erika to find someone good

Double-page supporter
I get a vague feeling after this chapter, that Koto is going to wake up one day as her teenager self. Just to realize it was all a dream. :shamihuh:
She is gonna wake up only to realize she was in a coma all this time. :smugchisato:

Dex-chan lover
Maybe because this is a yuri/GL, you know stories about relationships between girls? Nobody read GL because they want to see one of the female MCs being together with a guy… If you want that, then go read straight romance…

Dex-chan lover
I kinda agree. I do like a good male character in yuri manga, I think it's a shame how a lot of people seem to dislike them automatically
Because this is a GL/YURI. If you want to see a female MC be together with a guy then go read straight romance instead…

Dex-chan lover
There's a certain subsection of yuri I call "Idealistic yuri", in it every character is a woman and sometimes it goes even further with every character being a lesbian/bi. This genre has a lot of fans and when these fans encounter a yuri story like this one which is not idealistic, but actually very much grounded in the real world (Aya's mystical disappearance and reappearance aside) they react with vitriol.

You're quite right that Aya entering a relationship with a peer would be healthier, especially after this chapter which revealed just how obsessed Koto is with the 14 year old image of Aya she crafted in her head. I still stand by the fact that Aya and Koto separating would be better for both of them.

Dex-chan lover
I do hope all three of them get out of this as better people that managed to deal with their feelings and move on from their past. :aquadrink::aquadrink::aquadrink:

I wonder how the author handles Aya's side, and if it'll involve more tanabata shenanigans 🤔

Dex-chan lover
Well, this was useless alright. Who in their right mind would read up until this chapter and not understand that Koto really, really loves Aya from her childhood? What's the point in hammering it down so much? We could have some plot development...
The fact that you see that as love and not fucking obsession is worrying...

Dex-chan lover
Maybe because this is a yuri/GL, you know stories about relationships between girls? Nobody read GL because they want to see one of the female MCs being together with a guy… If you want that, then go read straight romance…
Context matters, and in this context, hell yes i would actually dont mind that happening bc of how this whole situation is presented

Dex-chan lover
Context matters, and in this context, hell yes i would actually dont mind that happening bc of how this whole situation is presented
Then make it a different girl. No reason to add a random guy as a romantic/sexual partner for one of the female MCs in a GL. Author should just write a straight romance instead then

Dex-chan lover
Then make it a different girl. No reason to add a random guy as a romantic/sexual partner for one of the female MCs in a GL. Author should just write a straight romance instead then
Have we got introduced to another female character that im not aware of? Chill a bit bc by no means im saying i actively want this to end up in a straight romance, but how things are going i would actually dont mind it, its up to the author to cook something good with this whole situation they have presented

The fact that you see that as love and not fucking obsession is worrying...
I don't. It was sarcastic. And the response is kind of beside the point.
Actually, I think there already was another almost identical flashback chapter.

Double-page supporter
Before jumping to the "Them two would be better if they're seperated," I stand by my opinion of them should be more open to each other rather than getting split again.
Ofcourse we already see the fact that Aya's disappearance really traumatized Koto to the point she kept that image of 14-yo Aya in her heart all these years, she then became numb to romantic feelings and can't reciprocate properly.
IMO, although they are living together, she's still in Denial stage of Aya being back for real and the fear of losing her again makes Koto being so overly protective and obsessed with Aya and I think that's OK. Let it be the reason for her to vent and have a happy ending with Aya even if it turns out just to be Tanabata magic shroom.

I am quite resonate with Koto about this because I also experienced almost the same thing... except I don't get my second chance.

Contributor
I dont get it.... T^T what does it mean
What she remembers and feels about the Aya of the past is an idealized and warped perception that does not match the Aya that has returned to them. She is not the same person she was in the past, and Aya can't be to her what she was to her in the past as it's a different context and relationship.
Its somewhat similar to nostalgia but for a living and breathing person. She has built up and idealized who Aya was over many many years now, and no matter what the "current" Aya does she can't match up to the warped memories of the past.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, this chapter is interesting - really enjoy the POV from Koto

Koto is very fascinating of a character. Not sure that I have seen this type of traumatised protagonist before.

Sure, she is quite possessive of Aya and all, but she has the reason for it with all that happened (we still do not know all of it yet)

And that scene with Aya’s grandpa is creepy. The fact that Koto noticed a weird smell in the home says something about it. This hopefully is not gonna be some crime scene or tragedy tag.

On the other hand, we see the same plot with Koto collecting Aya’s memories and pictures (that picture at the end was not from the past - that is the Aya that they met that day 7 years later). This makes me think if Aya has been a manifestation of Koto’s ideal perception of her and obsession over seeing Aya again. The real Aya may have already …

Dex-chan lover
Y'all are all seeing coworker boy as a romantic interest? Why?

He and Aya are clearly just friends at this point. Assuming anything beyond that is like those Hollywood movies that think a man and a woman being in the same vicinity for 5 seconds counts as romance.

Also just because its a gl story doesnt mean that characters can't be bi etc. And if they have a romance with a man during the story (like koto in the time skip for example) that doesnt make them suddenly straight. They're still queer and it doesn't remove the sapphic elements from the story regardless of what the endgame is.

Users who are viewing this thread