Saotome Senshu, Hitakakusu

I couldn't get past chapter 17. Mina single-handedly made the series unbearable. It's not as if I didn't already have some minor gripes about things here and there, but I still credit that dumb, pathetic, unnecessary character -- which the author bafflingly decided to integrate further and further into the plot -- as the sole reason for dropping the series. I almost even have to say bravo for being able to create a side character so stupid and annoying that it ruins your series.

Edit: Though, it isn't even just how stupid, annoying, and unnecessary the character is. Everything surrounding her breaks all realism. Nobody would dedicate their life to messing with the relationship of two people they've never once associated with, just because the relationship is a secret and they found out. And a not a single friend (which she was shown to have) takes notice, let alone asks why she's suddenly hanging out so much with 2 people she's never talked to, or why she became the manager of a club for a sport she's never shown interest in.

Dex-chan lover
So the whole premise doesnt really make sense to me. People cant know about their relationship because.... why? Why do people care what she does in her own personal life? Is that a typical thing in japan? It just makes no sense.

Dex-chan lover
@SonicDisgaea98
It's because she was the top ranked and so was the boxing "idol", idols must remain pure so everyone can imagine they have a shot with them. Knowing she has a boyfriend would dash their Hopes and they wouldn't support her. Basically it's because money.

Dex-chan lover
But that's.... super illogical no matter how you look at it. And I'm pretty sure that's not a thing in real life, considering that plenty of famous people are in relationships.

EYLDddGWsAAcTqI.jpg

@SonicDisgaea98
It's a real thing IRL. An idol who was caught having a boyfriend had some sort of punishment, I don't remember what it was, but I think she shaved her head.
Keep in mind, I mean in Japan.

Search it up if you like!

What a cute manga, kind of sad about the ending but it was heartwarming to read. We like strong girls here !

Fed-Kun's army
while I'm here for abs, but this is generic story about idol dating a self-insert boy, they are literally calling her an idol.
well so far

will there be more substance in story, or everyone is here for the abs?

I want more... and I think that it means I enjoyed the read.
Still, given the motivation of the lead characters and the current situation, this was a bad choice for feeding my escapism.

It was a really good read, although I want to know if she won the OL and how it went. Then I'd be satisfied.

Users who are viewing this thread