Saotome Shimai wa Manga no Tame nara!? - Vol. 10 Ch. 90 - If Saotome Mobuyuki did it for the Manga!?

Dex-chan lover
it finally ended. i have a LOT of mixed thoughts reading this. on one hand its a decent ecchi comedy but on the other hand its kinda bland and the characters have lackluster development.

Dex-chan lover
Wait, didn't I read this before? I swear I read this already and not only did it not have a "conclusion" but it was called the end of Part 1 and would be continued in the future. Only the manga's been finished for years at this point with no continuation in sight... or was that another series?

Dex-chan lover
ehh, yea i guess. ive not been this let down since the ending of to love ru before darkness came out, heres hoping part 2 of this doesnt have as much of a open let down as darkness did.

Dex-chan lover
Author should've made an harem ending, or at least follow the latest development and have Noan win, even if she basically turned out into a different character compared to the beginning. I'm assuming we'll never see part 2, so the only thing we can do is make our own headcanon for who won.

Dex-chan lover
The part 1 line is likely just the author's wishfull thinking that they would be allowed to make a sequel.

Been years since this ended and nothing.

Publishing company probably told the author a big fat NO to their sequel aspirations.

Dex-chan lover
at least in the west, when you sign a contract to create something, sequels are usually what's called "optioned". so for example: you go on and create the thing, then it gets cancelled. the publishing company has exclusive rights to the options to make a sequel, should they want to (why it's called an "option" - they're not obligated to make it). if some other publisher wanted to continue the story, even if the creator wants to also, they couldn't without first acquiring the rights to those options from the original publisher (usually for money). And it doesn't usually work in reverse, whereby the artist approaches the publisher and says "let's continue my work from years ago", unless it's some superstar artist maybe. The publishers hold most of the power for these things. It's possible that there's a ticking time bomb on those rights, where the options will revert to the creator at some point in the future, but that's not really knowable.

Dex-chan lover
So if this is a prologue, what exactly happened in 90 chapters spanning 10 volumes?
What we basically learned in this whole 'part' is that MC has learned that he doesn't know anything about the girls, not even his own sisters, and yet he's gone farther with those girls than any normal/sane man ever could before they even started dating.

I can't even imagine how he'll be if he actually got serious in dating them, and I can't even take that seriously considering how much of an ecchi-gag manga this is. Art was good, as usual, but I don't know if I'll ever get into it should the next part ever come out.

7/10

Dex-chan lover
Author went with a bang :salute:

995.jpeg

To see that kiss and then read that ending credit page... We were robbed of something amazing. Angel, I will never miss you.

Seems like author didn't know how to end it, so just left it hanging and moved on to other projects. Certainly not the first time I've seen this kind of abrupt exit. Always a disappointment though.

Users who are viewing this thread