Saotome Shimai wa Manga no Tame nara!? - Vol. 10 Ch. 87 - If Saotome Noan did it for her Brother!? ①

Dex-chan lover
It's hyperbolic at best. Most are just disappointed with the tried-and-true copout that has plagued works with an initial incest premise. It has happened so often any anger that such a copout would have caused 15 years ago has completely melted away into being completely expected. The state of non-H incest manga is a complete oxymoron!!! Brother/sister taboo romances actually ending in a taboo romance as they were advertised is seen as a rare exception NOT the rule. You never see this with any other themed tag in manga, at least not to this scale.

If you go to a store and buy a product based on the packaging, you'd be pretty disappointed to learn that the product isn't anything like what it was advertised. Then imagine 60% of the products you buy from the store are plagued with false advertising! Even the bananas you'd buy would actually taste like blueberries! Wouldn't that be frustrating?

That's the same feeling incest fans get when they get baited. It has happened so often it's barely a tag anymore. Why even tease incest if it is simply not incestuous, you know?
All they can do is complain, say "well there goes another Non-Blood Related confirmation which completely destroys the premise that hooked me into this story to begin with. Oh well." and move on.
It's arguably better now because it used to be that they would be related, but they'd die tragically because there had to be some lesson about not fucking your sister or something.

Same thing used to go on in Yuri manga.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, most of us are just meme'ing, and didn't really expect actual incest in the first place and were just here for the fanservice.
Now the true game begins, spot the actual unwashed basement dweller who is mad because they aren't blood related for real.

Dex-chan lover
Bro if you couldn't tell most of us are joking, and didn't know 100% that this development was coming just like every other manga that does this, then I don't know what to tell you.
Bro, if you knew how often I run into people who are legitimately upset by stupid things on a daily basis that makes this outrage believable. Besides, YOU and others might just be joking, but I can GUARANTEE that there are plenty of people actually upset by this revelation.

Users who are viewing this thread