Save & Load no Dekiru Yadoya-san

This a good manga, but yeah it does feel like a sequel to something, a lot of the main plot seems to be missing.

But you gotta love the MC, he is fucking insane.

@Hejti
its pretty calm compared to most shounen. Now that i think about it, it might just be because of a bath scene or two. most of the manga is just the girl being trained in a way that is not lewd

This is sloppy as fuck, leaving aside the in media res feeling to everything they dont explain anything. Why does committing suicide make your skin stronger? Why does eating beans increase your HP? and so on. It feels like very lazy shitty novel adaption that leaves out the adaption part and just relies on the readers prior knowledge of the work in question.

Dex-chan lover
Rather than save point, it would be good to make it re-spawn point, no? I mean, usually, save and load doesn't increase your stat points... So why the author decides to use save point?

Dex-chan lover
@Uthred I haven't read the novels but I think I can clarify this to you. To the Inn Keeper, the world is a video game or at the very least has the rules and logic and linguistics of one. The type of game seems akin to one of those games where you play until you die, but after your death you gain experience for your next run through. Because he has the ability to save and load, he's been able to experiment and see which actions and deaths gain which benefits on his next attempt. So what he's doing is pushing people through the rules and logic of the world their in, but otherwise wouldn't have been able to use or experience.

That doesn't actually address my complaint. I'm clear on why the Innkeeper is doing the things he's doing, he knows that X leads to Y. My complaint was that the reader doesnt know why X leads to Y so you get a world where the answer to "Why is it like this?" is "Just because". There's nothing necessarily wrong with that, but I'm not a huge fan of it and I think given this story's focus it is an issue.

@Mebravo
I was wondering the same myself. Kinda looks like it...
Hopefully I'm wrong and we'll get more soon, or it's picked up from others to continue.
Edit - I'm thinking this is the case even more after double checking that the group is still putting out other releases.

dropped translations right at a cliffhanger.... i know one group that i wont donate to
its good to ensure that its going to be picked up again eventually but honestly its inconsiderate to the reader
we are reading for enjoyment having to stop at a 5months old cliffhanger leaves frustration and dissappointment
i personally would have preferred it if they stopped one chapter earlier

i would suggest waiting for chapter 14 or stopping at 12, chapter 13 is limbo

ca9.gif

Users who are viewing this thread