Sayonara Mangadex, putting down our rose colored glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@jjdynasty I wasn't on anyone's side until today. Just learned about this. But objectively, it seems MD is on the wrong side this time. Unless you can prove me wrong?

Hahahahah

That group of scanlators gets revealed as the profiteering pricks they are.

Readers exposed as people who don't give two fucks about the good of the very industry that provides them their entertainment (also a commentary on human nature).

Everyone finds out Mangadex are not your benevolent, fast and free manga hosting overlords you though they were and have grand plans to be the Microsoft of manga.

Delicious.

>2019
>fear mongering from all the geniuses that MD is going to be the 2nd fakku
try again in at least half a decade cause it's not happening

@lordkarma88

>jb shill
>haha jb is great MD is wrong
>prove me wrong
>has been proven wrong 3 times

5lRHqN2.png

Group Leader
@milnivek
considering fan scanlations aren't really a legitimate industry (which is why scanlators typically drop series when they get licensed or risk getting into massive shit), i'll live without them just fine

Dex-chan lover
If mangadex does go legit I'll deal with that there and then. But until then it's the best place for me to read manga in my opinion.

I don't understand the hate. I just think in this specific case, MD has handled it wrong. I'm not a "shill".

And I have yet to be proven wrong. Telling me my source is bad is not proving me wrong, it's disproving me.

Also notice I have yet to insult any of y'all even though y'all don't mind as soon as I try to defend my opinion.

Group Leader
I suddenly miss the days of downloading manga via mIRC and email scans where you get TEXT DOCUMENTS of translations.

Because
a) we knew that what we're doing here as scanlators is straight up illegal and any takedown and cease and desist letters are all legal repercussions we could face.

b) seeing the words "IF YOU PAID FOR THIS MANGA YOU WERE RIPPED OFF. THIS IS A FAN TRANSLATION BY FANS" makes us see that what people were doing was out of love and no one had any right to bloody complain about slow releases.

There's a reason why we call staff "VOLUNTEERS". if you're expecting pay, you're in the wrong area bub. Fansubbers have less drama than scanlators at this rate

So....... This whole silly drama all started out because of a certain group(s) sniping some series then getting called out for being greedy or whatever and now the scanlator groups who got offended wants "rights" & justice to be served against those who have offended them when in the very beginning they don't have any rights to scanlate/translate the series they have....

Did i get that right?

Yes, groups have full right to come or to leave, no problem. And translating manga costs money so nothing to say about there Patreon pages as well.
But have they thought this from readers point of view?
For example me, I work so I can read manga while getting to work, getting from work or while no one is annoying me at work. I read mostly from phone as its easier for me.
About many of groups that are leaving I found from MD, and now if i want to read there translated manga, I will have to go to there sites and search there. I would not be problem if I was reading only about 5 mangas so checking daily would not take so long, but personally I am reading 174 titles and I spend about 3 - 4 hours daily here at MD. And not all groups have "normal" readable sites as well.

Not saying anything bad about groups that just MY personal view. As i will have to drop lot those mangas they are translating as i do not have time to check every translators site daily.

Best of luck to all groups that decide to leave. Best of luck.

@JasonWander

Yeah I agree but not everyone knows how to torrent or is too afraid of downloading a virus so they just go to sites that have torrented this stuff already, and then uploaded the files on their site. But even torrent sites have ads you know, so you don't escape them.
Also pay wall????? The only groups that do that don't do it for long. Zero let you read a day early if you donated once. Then they stopped because they thought it unfair for everyone else and that donations were second to pleasing others. Rikk (in military) only had a pay wall for me because I paid for him to make more chapters and he let me edit them so he could keep release schedule steady while stockpiling for me to read. Pay wall is a bullshit excuse imo, and none of the people who left have pay walls...

Legal is everyone's dream, who doesn't want to make a living hosting a site that other people make content for. Going legit isn't their issue, it's other stuff. Also if they go legit (never gonna happen tho) mangadex would have to become its own scanlation team and remove all their content because there's no way they get contracts with even 1/10 of the publishers and or get permission for even 1/1000 of the projects. The pipe dream isn't the reason they left, it's because they're disillusioned with the site. This was supposed to be the reddit of Manga, batoto s successor, where you could upload your own stuff when you wanted, have viewers read on your own site and donate to fund projects, in reality it is both lawless and authoritarian, some rules are enforced and other ignored, some people get punished for something everyone else walks away from, it became far less about a community than just complaints and bad leadership

Group Leader
To be honest, this kind of thing can be solved easily you know. Just chat holo and co, and I think they will hear Scanlators problem and will find a way/solution for that...
HAND..

Group Leader
@Chaos_Knight It's not that they were "being greedy," they were outright mocking other scanlators who ask for donations. Which is a problem purely between the relevant groups that MD shouldn't have to mediate. Now those groups who feel slighted are trying to "expose" MangaDex with a combination of information that was already publicly available, misleading statements, and outright bullshit.

Group Leader
@lordkarma88

And I have yet to be proven wrong. Telling me my source is bad is not proving me wrong, it's disproving me.

2igspcC.png

You haven't proven me wrong, you've only proven me wrong!

:thinking:

Fed-Kun's army
@lordkarma88
Skype being moderately crappier when it was already getting crappy and competitors were already beating it isn't all that scary.

Perhaps you're too young, but people were claiming MS was trying to own everything in tech. Skype is a drop in the bucket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread