scrolling left+right (and wasd) does not change chapter

(not sure if it has been recd yet, sorry if it has)

is it possible to request defaulting it to off? i dont think i can spot the option available within the reader view settings. i dont know how the legacy reader worked (now deprecated), but with the new/current reader, both desktop and mobile reader views have a goto last/previous chapter button in the sidebar/headerbar (whatever its called)...

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@FONZACUS What is the suggestion here? That left/right should change pages but not the chapter? Why?

yep that was the suggestion

isnt it a bit inconvenient to have us go back/forward a chapter when scrolling horizontally a bit too fast? while i do like the scroll horizontally also turns the page part, scrolling through chapters is a bit too much. it may be due to me liking having page rendering set to long strip and hiding everything else, but id like to suggest trying it out. since there are buttons (also forgot to mention the footer has 1) that specifically send us back/forward a chapter, woudlnt it be safer to turn off the 'scroll to next/last chapter' when we hit the top/last page?

Dex-chan lover
@FONZACUS
I'm a little curious as to how you're using this site when you're triggering this functionality without wanting to. What is making you try to scroll sideways in a vertically-scrolling viewing mode?

i guess it boils down to my bad habit of setting 'fit to display no resize', guess im not using the site the right way ;P

old habits do die hard, especially with the way modern tech s going...

Users who are viewing this thread