Search/filter ideas

Fed-Kun's army
I dont think I included something already on the sticky thread. This is just what I came up with after using the search for a few hours.
All/most of these should be easy to implement.

Search/filter
NEW. Minimum chapter #: has to meet this integer value, or be higher. Of course within users filter languages. This allows removing (new) series with few chapters. Similar a "maximum chapter" option can be added, but I dont see its value.
NEW. Last updated: has to meet this date, or newer. Of course within users filter languages. This allows removing (old) series that havent been updated in a while. Should allow apply when a group pulls their chapters.
Author: Enable autocomplete of existing entries. Maybe allow multiple to be selected with comma delimiter, using "OR" matching
Artist: Enable autocomplete of existing entries. Maybe allow multiple to be selected with comma delimiter, using "OR" matching
Tags: Add tooltips (short descriptions) when in checkbox mode. Maybe only for less common ones. Eg.: Long Strip and Gyaru.
NEW. Restrict to followed (maybe even limited to specific type like "Plan to read") list. This allows searching within users own (sub)list.

Results
After searching, collapse filter choices. Clicking the title bar will expand it again. Possible only when yielding a positive result
Move "view mode" (Detailed, Grid) next to sorting dropdown, instead of having it above search/filter box.
NEW. Show number of chapters. And if read any, then also show that number. Eg.: 1 / 60 (read / total). Of course within users filter languages, maybe per filter language.
NEW. Show non-common (those not selected) tags for each result. Eg.: "Action" would show if manga has these genres: Action, Comedy and Romance, and search/filter was for Comedy and Romance. I am aware this could make the output list long, so maybe it be put under certain restrictions like "max 5", "search/filter tags must include 4 positive ones" and/or "only genres".
Bug? Either make spoiler button in description work, or remove from description, in result. Example: https://mangadex.org/search?title=Honzuki%20no%20Gekokujou

Users who are viewing this thread