Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some questions about the intended use for
Code:
POST /search/chapter

Is this our main "filter" for chapters, or will v5 also include something like:
Code:
/manga/{id}/chapters?language=en&createdAfter=timestamp

I posted this in the API v2 thread, but I know a lot of us would love some way to "get this manga's English chapters that have been added since our last timestamp check." If that will require the /search/chapter endpoint, we'd need support for a field like `createdAfter`

Code:
- filter:
--- manga: uuid
--- language: string
--- createdAfter: timestamp

rdn

Forum Admin
Staff
Developer
@Lexical good suggestions, that is similar to what I have in mind

@nonindustrial there are different search indexes for all types of resources, there is manga, chapter, author, user, scanlationgroup (and probably more...)
because its way faster and less resource-intensive to query elasticsearch compared to the db, I wanted to pull data from there every way I can. So for example on a manga page /manga/<uuid> i would get the chapters of that manga from a search request. Therefore the "get this manga's English chapters that have been added since our last timestamp check." would necessarily have to work and its also not a big deal to make that work with ES. your filter would just be
Code:
filter: createdAt > 01-01-2021
or something

Code:
/manga/{id}/chapters?language=en&createdAfter=timestamp
I would prefer to keep the resources separate from each other, so you would need to use /search/manga to find the mangas uuid first, then do a second search to /search/chapter where id = <uuid> but i'm not hard set on this yet.

I would be really grateful to have this "End" tag search implemented. This would help when I'm searching for manga to read and want to read it entirely in one go. Publication "Complete" is not really helpful here because it still can have only few chapters translated.
Also I have quite a lot titles in "on hold" or "plan to read" and if it would be possible to search in them for "End" this would allow me to create some simple script to check and send me email when it's time to read them. (or maybe you plan to implement some kind of "notify me when completely scanlated"?)

I would really, really, really love ability to filter mangas by rating. This is my biggest pain point with actual site. Like when searching or going to specific genre page hide all stuff with less than 7 stars (or even 7.5 starts if it's not too heavy on ES, I previously installed ES and even was doing some simple config/memory optimizations to it as part of my project but never actually run queries on it).

Are we ever going to get a blacklist feature? To completely block a series from showing up? Another site does this, and its amazing.
Why doesnt Dropping series blacklist something from showing up on the front page? Why are we only able to blacklist tags? I imagine it would be the same as tag blocking but just with the name of the series instead.

MD@Home
Is it possible comments can be included in the /search/chapter endpoint?

Edit: And the main /search/manga endpoint too since there are base comments as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread