Searching manga by author shows lots of additional wrong titles :planned:

I found a sweet one-shot called Foreign Communication today, which was apparently written and drawn by a certain "Nome". Since I liked it, I immediately clicked on that name to see what other manga this person had made, and I was (positively) surprised to see there were lots of results. So I clicked on one of those titles that seemed really promising (Carbonard Crown), only to find out that it had been made by a certain Shinonome Mizuo instead.

At first I thought that "Nome" might have been Shinonome's pen-name, but when I clicked on Shinonome Mizuo then the results page was much smaller, and Foreign Communication wasn't included anymore. Same for Rojica to Rakkasei, which is made by a mangaka called Kinome. However, in both cases the 'wrong' titles that shouldn't have been there had been made by people whose name contained "Nome" (Shinonome, Kinome), that is the name of the original mangak. It's as if the search-by-author feature can't tell that if I'm looking for "Nome" then I only want to see those manga whose mangaka's name is exactly "Nome".

I really hope this bug is fixed soon, because it can get pretty frustrating with mangaka whose names are as simple as this one, in which case it becomes almost impossible to find their other works among hundreds of fake results.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
It's not a bug, it's a limitation of the author/artist fields being plain strings and linked to the search.

Long story short, author pages will be a thing in the not too distant future so this issue will be no more.

Users who are viewing this thread