Seiryaku Kekkon wa Otakoi no Hajimari - Ch. 3

Double-page supporter
I get that its the main source of drama but, at this point, it seems like its relatively easy to "cover up" the otaku habits. Rich families cover up drug abuse, predatory activities, and extreme fetish stuff all the time. This couple's "horrible secret" is the otaku stuff, not a big deal in compariosn. And the household help are trained to be tight lipped about any peculiarities of their employers.

Heck, the other source of drama is weird too. Of.they start getting along publicly as a couple, all but the most oddly evil family would support it. Its easier to control someone who loves you after all.

I like this manga! I just tbunk it would be fine as just showing them growing as a couple without the weird external drama - even the nicest relationships are hard work!

I mean they could even reflavor the drama as them having to keep their otakuness hidden from the public, rather than "everyone".

Dex-chan lover
I get that its the main source of drama but, at this point, it seems like its relatively easy to "cover up" the otaku habits. Rich families cover up drug abuse, predatory activities, and extreme fetish stuff all the time. This couple's "horrible secret" is the otaku stuff, not a big deal in compariosn. And the household help are trained to be tight lipped about any peculiarities of their employers.

Heck, the other source of drama is weird too. Of.they start getting along publicly as a couple, all but the most oddly evil family would support it. Its easier to control someone who loves you after all.

I like this manga! I just tbunk it would be fine as just showing them growing as a couple without the weird external drama - even the nicest relationships are hard work!

I mean they could even reflavor the drama as them having to keep their otakuness hidden from the public, rather than "everyone".
I believe the main point of tension here is their trust issues regarding others, especially with the fact that we don't know who the servants are loyal to, be it them or their (grand)parents who would punish them for their pastimes.

And you know how Japan is, they believe no drama = no readers

While the story here is obviously heavily romanticized, it's really enjoyable. We'll see how it evolves.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread