Seiryaku Kekkon wa Otakoi no Hajimari - Ch. 5

Aggregator gang
No, it absolutely is that simple. He doesn't actually care about hearing from Kouichi, but it is a very common remark used by abusers towards their adult children. It's most commonly seen in mothers as a guilt trip.

"I gave birth to you and raised you for 18 years and you don't even have the decency to call every once in awhile? What kind of child are you? I raised you better than that."

It's all about maintaining control over their kids and ensuring their life will never be their own, but rather an extension of the parent's.
Exactly, and if the kid try to reach out to the parents, it's "Sigh... You really can't do anything without me... You're worthless..."
Toxic way to always keep your kid with an inferiority complex and have control over them.

Dex-chan lover
It's actually quite interesting that it was the wife's family that was the more dominant side of the marriage. Her family is the one with the political connections, blood lineage, and more. Whereas the husband's family is the new rich family. I like it.

Dex-chan lover
You know what, I just thought of something after rereading the previous chapters.
What if Kouichi's favorite vtuber turns out to be his mother lmao.

Dex-chan lover
You know what, I just thought of something after rereading the previous chapters.
What if Kouichi's favorite vtuber turns out to be his mother lmao.
Bonus points if the vtuber mother is secretly married to Tsuyuri's favorite who turns out to be his real father.

I actually like that they subverted that trope and made the mother a straight up slut
Eh, according to the grandfather his daughter was engaged in prostitution as a minor. Which, if true, makes me think he was abusing her as well - it's one thing for a teenager to have sex, it's quite another for them to become a prostitute. It suggests she was desperate to get out of the house by any means possible.

Dex-chan lover
Can you believe it's only been 5 chapters?

I love this manga.
This one has surprised me... The set up is cliche, but the progression shakes a lot of that off and makes it a bit more evolved (still within the thematic framework). I rather enjoy that, the cliches provide options and support but not restriction, sO within that, it's free reign. I hope it continues in the same vein. Quite good.

As ever, thank you for scanlating.

Dex-chan lover
I love that the end wasn't "she was secretly terrified the whole time"; the outburst of emotion was she was actually holding back from being even angrier. She was FURIOUS at this guy for what he did to her man.
Indeed. It's refreshing to see the latter part actually occur in a manga. Hell, the last time I ever felt angry like that, it was a similar case of "Oh I should've said x, y, and/or z too while i was at it! I'm just so PO'd at them!"

Where the hell did this intense drama and tragic backstory suddenly come from? I thought I was reading a nice fluffy secret nerd romance? I'm not complaining, I fucking LOVE it, I just wasn't expecting this series to go THIS HARD. 😍

Onwards till they fall in love!
Reminds me of how Fruits Basket starts with some dude turning into a cat and another into a mouse.

Users who are viewing this thread