Seiryaku Kekkon wa Otakoi no Hajimari - Ch. 8

Group Leader
I have to say, I really like how maturely the manga handled this. It explains why the grandfather acted the way he did, but never for once excuses him. A lot of people can't tell the difference between the two, but the manga does its best to make it clear.

By the way, we haven't found people to help us out with Sasada, so we're currently working on an easier project: What a Catch of a Love Story!

Please let us know if you can help us out for redrawing and typesetting these series! There's a few other series we'd like to pick up as well!

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter! LOL at least the medical bill won't be too high since they're in japan, even if he is in a rich business,

(tho serious drama stuff aside wonder if they would have the money to straight up by some anime studio or some 'otaku' based company or so b/c i'm sure ppl could also profit from that as well lol)

Dex-chan lover
It explains why the grandfather acted the way he did, but never for once excuses him. A lot of people can't tell the difference between the two
This is such a big issue when talking about controversial characters. Sometimes a story is full of shitty people, who are hated, but can still be fairly well written. Analyzing the motivations of said characters is often taken as justifying them, especially when the things they did is something like cheating. People just go hard on their immediate emotional response.

Dex-chan lover
It still somewhat feels like justifying Grandfather's behavior, and I don't like that.
So you'd rather him just be a pretentious dick all the way through, with no explanation outside of just being a dick in general? If you're just going to listen to one side of the story without thinking about how and why things came to be, then you're not going to learn anything from their mistakes.

Like say there's a child who suffered through abuse. Said child grew up, had a kid, and started abusing their own kid basically as revenge for their own shitty childhood.

Does that justify their actions? Yes, since you got a reasonable explanation as to why they would end up that way. Is it a good excuse for them to do what they're doing? Hell no, no one would think that what they did was right at all. Just because we have something that justifies a person's behavior doesn't mean that you should be willing to excuse that person for being shitty.

Sympathetic villains aren't made for you to side with, they're supposed to be characters who had fell into pitfalls that you could take lessons from.

Dex-chan lover
I hope he goes and finds his mom, brings her back to the house where the grandfather is laid up, tells grandpa to get fucked for ruining his mom and his lives out of selfishness, and then he dies from the stress. Then we flash forward to him and the FMC having a kid that they sit and watch anime with while his mom is now around and involved in his life.

But mostly the grandfather can get fucked.

Dex-chan lover
Man. I giggled throughout this chapter.
Also, pg. 15 no thoughts head empty.

A marriage proposal les gooooo
A 2nd marriage les goo :meguupog:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
That does it.

I'm gonna reread this manga every year.

Dex-chan lover
something something ah get married already, oh wait

That was quite a text dump from butler-san, but I guess we don't really have much time. It did clear up a lot of stuff and gave Kouichi the resolve he needed to declare his love. 🥲

Dex-chan lover
Overall a sensible development, although the pace & exposition really is a bit quicker than I’d have liked. Wouldn’t have minded a few more chapters of them hiding their okatu-ness, both from each other and then from the household, before the final arc.

All that said, I enjoyed this a lot. Looking forward to the last chapter.

Dex-chan lover
This is the point he pulls a Kaiba and changes the entire businesses direction to his personal interest, i.e. a vtuber agency.

Double-page supporter
I squealed and cried and laughed at the same time.. so sad this was axed.
I totally get the "it's family but I feel nothing". Something happened to a close family member (who were goddamn AHs and toxic etc to me and my mom), and I felt zilch. Like.. ok. It was like hearing news about a person yawning.

Users who are viewing this thread