Sekai de Tada Hitori no Mamonotsukai ~Tenshoku shitara Maou ni Machigawaremashita~ - Vol. 4 Ch. 18 - Alliance

Yeah, right. Forming an alliance with a mother who is willing to sacrifice her daughter. Let's do that.

The feudalism politics are so realistic in this one... if you learn history, you'll notice friendly King/Queen only exist in fairy tail..
Faction leaders (the fuedal lords), especially if they're strong and ambitious, will always try to get what they can get for their/their kingdom's best interest with anyway possible..
That's how a Queen should be... and playing friend with neighbouring countries is just an act to get the benefits

Supporter
Your first clue that she isn't trustworthy is that she uses her child as a political bargaining chip.

As humans, sacrificing your own daughter means that person can sacrifice you as ally too.

However in politics, someone who sacrifices their own daughter to you is showing subservience.

Eh idk I'll just enjoy the ride.

Dex-chan lover
Well she’s manipulative and a bitch, but the empire’s fate was sealed due to their own stupidity. She didn’t even need to form an alliance to be rid of them and she’s just making good use of a favorable situation. It was the empire that refused to form any alliance with the stupid op new nation that came in peace and that chose to execute the family of the stupid op mc and chose to raise an army against the stupid op nation and stupid op king. The MC would have learned abiut all this eventually and decided to wipe them and the church out anyway.

Dex-chan lover
So basically she plans on taking advantage of his power and then, i guess, dispose of him.

Maybe the MC isnt the brightest, but its not like she is gonna be able to always isolate him from his smart aides.

Dex-chan lover
@Kyrillos the necromancer works for the empire, he used kingdom dead bodies to try to make each other attack.

the MC when he tested the queen should have ignored her saying that if he was wrong he will gave something in return, the b!tch just gave her daughter without making an alliance so he shouldn't need to compromise, specially since he could erase everyone there (she actually tried to use their friends right there as hostages)

icekatze I agree with you sacrificing someone else's life even someone you love(don't think she loves her daughter) is easier then your own. Also so stupid if it was me I would be like you daughters like how about yours instead why the fuck does putting her daughters life on the line make her trust worthy it she put her own life on the line them maybe a tiny bit she would be but not her daughter's life

Dex-chan lover
@TNT261
I think it's less about the war and more about knowing that if he can tame a literal disaster that is the dragon papi, he's not someone you want as a enemy, she may have ulterior motives but she's probably aware that if she ever did something to anger him enough he'd erase her country from existence, the enemy of my enemy is my friend and all.

@martelor
That's not true 100% of the time, but it was so rare for countries to be outright friends that only a few are recorded throughout history, in general though this also had to do with ideological differences as well.

@Grenzoocoon
This was actually extremely common at one time in ancient history, city states weren't unheard of even up to the 1500's in some parts of the world.

@Knighto I think the necromancer has deceived you and I think that he works for the bitch to make our mc go to war with the empire and as I said earlier

Fuck this queen. The fact she was willing to even sacrifice her daughter for her own benefit shows exactly how untrustworthy she is. Saying the MC doesn't look smart is a severe understatement, he's beyond retarded.

Double-page supporter
@petekron

You're not separating "person" and "ruler". If a ruler won't sacrifice their children for the good of their people, they are unfit as a ruler and need to be replaced: immediately. Throughout history, princes took to the battlefield as commanders. There were kings who led armies from the front, or directed them from the HQ. There were those who knew they were no good on the field and instead directed logistics from the capitol and decided grand strategy.

Many royals have spilled their blood and lost their heads over the years, all as sacrifices. Ostensibly, some were for the good and proper reason of supporting and defending the people, trying to achieve a better future.

As a mother, a person, sacrificing her daughter is fucking detestable. But a good ruler doesn't have the luxury of being concerned about their personal morality. A leader is a servant, one given power by those they serve to serve them in the best ways that they can. The people want an end to war and they want prosperity? Then the leader must do everything to make that a reality. High-minded ethics and such are for philosophers, not kings. A king without blood on his hands and skeletons under the floorboards is not serving his people in continuities like this - he is giving up countless opportunities and failing his people just to keep himself guilt-free.

Dex-chan lover
The Queen has a decent plan, too bad she doesn't know about Noah's ability to turn people(not just monsters!) into his followers. I can't imagine the daughter remains a pawn in her mother's game for that long which would put their new alliance in pretty dire straits since it was forged via deception on her part in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
And that's why, when you have power, you just crush everything that tries to mess with you.......stupid loli maid, you fucked up

I know everyone here has their own personal opinion about the queen and all. But can we for a moment talk about that fight scene between Drake and Amanda vs the Necromancer? I think it was done quite well personally and I liked how it explained why the Gorgon seemed so strong to fight against due to its newly added intelligence!

Fed-Kun's army
Anyone got raws or translation from the LN about this bitch ? because anyone who just use your kid like a political tool and underestimates their allies like her forget trust the only reason I have snuffed you out is that the power vacuum would be to big.

Users who are viewing this thread