Sengoku Komachi Kuroutan: Noukou Giga - Vol. 14 Ch. 69 - Idle

Dex-chan lover
thank you for the effort but thats clearly a snipe? why not translate a manga that is left untranslated instead? or help the team currently on this manga if yuo want them to release it faster?

Dex-chan lover
Is translating manga a business practice? I thought it's like a tip/donation based.

Is there such a courtesy/unwritten rules among translators? Like a Translator Mafia-like organization?
Because as far as I know, Piracy is literally a Free-For-All/Wild West, accessible for all, and anyone can modify and provide service of said pirated stuffs.

And BTW, Mangadex LITERALLY show/separate different translators in every chapters in the manga, so the original translator can STILL upload their own polished work.
So what's the point of the entitlement/gatekeeping in the 1st page?

Fed-Kun's army
What I don't understand is the simping idiots who feel the need to defend an obviously low quality, poorly typeset, MTL release by someone who doesn't speak English OR Japanese. They're not gonna thank you for your whiteknighting.

I don't care about the sniping. Sniping isn't real. What I do care about is quality. And this release has DOGSHIT quality. If you think otherwise you don't belong in this conversation, because you're too ignorant to contribute anything.

Posting low-quality MTL releases should be a bannable offense.

Dex-chan lover
Sniping is not cool, man
This is going to get me strikes, but I have to say it. There's no such thing as sniping.

The only people who own and have any rights to manga are the mangaka and the publisher.
Nobody else.
And I hate the inference that someone else does. Dictating who can or can't translate a work is flat out wrong.

Yado-Inn is a great group who has been doing a wonderful job, and it's a fine thing to be loyal to their translations. But MangaDex gives you several tools to exclude other translations with. Use those instead of telling someone else that they can't.

Aggregator gang
Look, I apreciate the effort, but it's clear as day you have no experience doing this, so choosing the latest unreleased chapter of a series many people look forward to is not the correct thing to do given your current skills. You're just exposing yourself to get bashed by the community, and I believe it's pretty obvious we don't have, let's say, tolerant and patient readers for cases such as this.
If you wanted to do this, the proper path would have been to go to the first chapter and test the waters there, then little by little get better until you catch up; this way, not only will you avoid others telling you sniped a series, but you also get your much needed practice for the skills necessary to do a scanlation.
Or, you could have taken an abandoned series, or a new one, to get better.
Also, in case you don't understand, because it seems many still do NOT get what sniping entails... scanlations obviously do not require licencing, this means, anyone and everyone can get a series and start doing it for the lulz; but this does NOT mean you or anyone has free reign, because what matters here is the continued releases over time, and if someone for their own selfishness, releases the next chapter of a series that is being scanlated by someone else, what it's going to cause is for the "stable releases" to stop, because not everyone has nerves made of steel, so if they see their project being taken over they will either get annoyed, or at worst they will get sad by this fact and stop.
Basically, this is about psychology and social relationships in the world of scanlations. Sniping will likely lead to either slower releases, series being abandoned, constant bickering between teams, and god knows what else; so, just don't do it. At the very least, ask if the group is still doing this, and if you get no reply, put a disclaimer on the FIRST page clearly stating this, as well as saying if you have or don't have experience, so people can be ready to what they will find.

Or, of course, you could just release the chapter for yourself.

Thank you for the translation. The manga is not owned by anyone but the mangaka and the publisher. Also, the chapters were available online for free for limited time, so what is this pirated nonsense? Anyone can translate them whenever they want to, not just Yodo Inn. What a terrible simp mentality.

Last edited:
this drama is meaningless and waste of positive energy.
just wait for Yado-Inn's version for better quality.

@Kovalskaya, I appreciate your effort but not your work.
I know you've reached "I love this title... but the update is so slow.. okay, lemme do it myself" moment since the raw is 6 chapters ahead and Yado-Inn is quite slow to update.
You should at least learn how to typeset (font, format, etc) or just release it in language you're good at for your first release.

Dex-chan lover
You should at least learn how to typeset (font, format, etc) or just release it in language you're good at for your first release.
This is good advice. The norm against sniping is just that, a norm, not a rule. But if you really want to translate it, do it into your first language, and avoid all the criticism you get for competing with the English-language group already working on it.

Users who are viewing this thread