Sengoku Komachi Kuroutan: Noukou Giga - Vol. 14 Ch. 70 - Tradition.

Dex-chan lover
At minimum you can do some daily Duolingo or similar, on computer or phone.
Its not going to get you to full fluency but its a decent starting point.
I've been doing it for about 1.5 years and have what I estimate to be about the same age of vocabulary.
I plan to move onto other material, proper textbooks and whatnot, when I feel more confident in my basics.
Ok thank u very much for the advice i Will try that later

Dex-chan lover
An easy direct solution that everyone suggested which is both actionable and doesn't involve quitting the hobby entirely: Learn english and jp to a bare minimum level (which wasn't met). Pretty simple actually. Truly it must take genius level intellects to come up with such a suggestion.
And as the dude himself mentioned,he is in the process of doing that,and as can be seen by his two released works,he is progressing very nicely.

This is beyond the bare minimum,the bare minimum itself being what a tourist needs should they travel to Japan.

Aggregator gang
Thank you for the update! Honestly i didn't even notice that it was translated by another scanlation lololol (i'm also not a native English speaker) but i notice it from the cleaning, redraw and fonts. I know that a lot of people used manga/manhwa/manhua in order to sharpen their Japanese/Korean/Chinese skills and i hope you had the result that you want for your N2 exam! And i hope you don't get discouraged by the harsh comments here about verb/grammar, they probs only know one language anw while you are probably a polyglot lololol just take it as another learning opportunity in English while you're at it!

Dex-chan lover
The English in this version is markedly better but still lacking. Seriously just use Grammarly... If you're already at N2, you should be able to understand the Japanese, you just need to brush up your English and you can do so by letting Grammarly hold the reins a little.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the update! Honestly i didn't even notice that it was translated by another scanlation lololol (i'm also not a native English speaker) but i notice it from the cleaning, redraw and fonts. I know that a lot of people used manga/manhwa/manhua in order to sharpen their Japanese/Korean/Chinese skills and i hope you had the result that you want for your N2 exam! And i hope you don't get discouraged by the harsh comments here about verb/grammar, they probs only know one language anw while you are probably a polyglot lololol just take it as another learning opportunity in English while you're at it!

Dex-chan lover
Your standards are so low that I don't even know where to begin. "a degree below decent" when talking about this pile of slop is being far too nice. Can you stop sucking the guy's dick? He's not going to pay you.

If wanting a series you like to be treated decently is to be an "elitist", then sure, I am. I don't care what you think.

"3 days tops"? I think you never did any scanlation in your life. People have lives you know. And if there are groups, it's because not everyone can do everything. So, the translator can do it in a few days, when they have the time, while the cleaner/redrawer do their job when they have the time, then the typesetter places the text, etc... Is that too hard for you to understand that producing quality needs time? But looks like you want to settle with junk and have your brain rot.

It's like saying to a mangaka, "why aren't your producing a chapter per week? With a tablet, you should be able to draw that in 3 days tops. It's just drawing. Mangaka are so lazy."

Scanlation's not a job, it's a hobby. But since you're showing the result of that hobby to the world, you can show some respect to the work and to the readers and do it right. Scanlation should be the product of love for the media or the genre. If you see such pile of slop and call it "scanlation" it just goes to show you don't care about it, whether you did it or you read it.

And why should I help the guy? They didn't ask or even search for help, they just spread their garbage all over the place, fishing for praises.

And I already explained numerous times why I complain, but it doesn't seem to register (or you elicit to ignore it because it doesn't fit your narrative) : because I like this series, so I want the scanlator to respect it and to read it in a good quality and not have to decipher barely legible English. Even if I can read it in Japanese doesn't mean I should ignore the butchering of a series I like going on on the side. And also, the original group who was doing it might just drop it because of this. And when the shit-producer will drop it too because they have to go back to school, what will you do? You'll have nothing to read, while I'll still have it. But I guess you don't give a shit about this manga.

I'm a scanlator, I learned my "craft" and wasn't a conceited moron like the guy here, with not even a basic command of English grammar. You never contributed yourself anything to scanlation and you're here to give lessons about what is good, what is not and what is "good enough", insulting the people who know better and are actually trying to improve the quality of the production.

I can definitely look down on you, because I know both languages better than you ever will and have translated for people like you hundreds of manga chapters. But I hope you're not reading anything I translate. I don't want readers like you. You'd just be dirtying the manga I love.
Oh look,you've just shown how much of a high horse elitist unicorn you are,you've even started putting a foot down in facism.

For someone who claims to have learned his "craft",you clearly have never been around these interwebs long enough to actually see the real scurvy of these seven seas,there are far worse things that are still up on multiple sites,Mangadex included,that are top to bottom structured badly,with grammar mistakes in every other sentence,taking more time per sentence for someone to descipher what the actual sentence probably was.

These last two chapters for this comic?,no difficulty at all with reading them,except for all the whiny elitists who think they have any credible say without ever once paid for,helped with,nor provide direct solutions that didn't involve you screaming like a multi-coloured hair psycho about how this is bottom tier garbage when it clearly isn't.

Yes,three days tops,and by a single person too.

After a week of being a poor nine to fiver(if you're lucky),Friday night pops in,after cooking that nice lil' dinner,spending some time with the fam(if you're extra lucky),you boot up the ol' Windows 7,upload the pages to your perferred machine(if you yourself don't speak the language),if it's a 30 page chapter of moderate text density,then mere seconds for each page to be translated(or minutes for typing down the translation somewhere if you're doing it yourself),translations done for that chapter.

Got time before you slide into bed and show the spouse that your hips can still groove?,then boot up the perferred paint tool and start erasing all those speech bubble texts,text just outside of the bubbles,and any particular written words you might find,those pesky dramatic text things you can commonly find?,leave 'em as is and put a small note of what the translation is next to it,something much more complicated?,make a translator notation to be slapped onto the end of the chapter,that 30 pages would take about 15 or 20 minutes to erase the text to what you need it to be,not a single redraw needed,just some numbers that correspond with the previously translated text so you which goes where.

No time because your precious little one needs some love,kisses,and a new diaper?,then hit the hay after dealing with the terrorist bombing of the brown variety,wake up,deal with the morning chores and just finish it off before or after lunch.

Now use that sweet Saturday to start up that paint application and start entering the text into their corresponding bubbles,give yourself an hour for that 30 pages,got a lot of Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V to do,along with font size adjustments,after all,maybe two hours to fix any issues before you head out to the shops to stock up on those sweet dinner plans for the upcoming week.

Boom,a 30 page chapter done with so much leeway to work with,you can even let it pour into Sunday,with the only potential setbacks being the machine not translating some words due to the font usage or even the hand writing and the accuracy of your follow up being determined by your ability in English,Japanese puns and the like can simply be replaced or even given a note of their own,any suspected knowledge that non-Jap readers or newbie reader might not know?,Wikipedia style referrences at the end as its' own page.

Weekend taken up by something?,you have three more weekends before a month passes by,and potential for any bonus days to show up.

No time at all due to you yourself making your own life filled to the brim?,congrats,you've screwed up somewhere,and hobbies just aren't in the available options without a significant change to occur first,which is far more important then whining about how your "craft" has been honed but you've got real life holding you back for months on end.

Respect for the work?,that argument never works in these lawless lands of 1s and 0s,because hardly any of us in this comment section has paid for the original work,since that is the only way to actually respect the work that was made for one reason and one reason only,to sustain a livelihood in the ever increasing Hell that is Japan(or anywhere else,even,'cus your nine to five is a lot more stable then being a comic artist),the industry as a whole requires cash to work.

Of course,the most important part after the product has been made is to actually get into consumer hands,and the majority of them are more then content with it only being local hands,so we outside have little choice but smuggle the goods onto the world wide web,there is no respect for being a law breaker.

So by default,there is no respect between us and the comic maker,whilst there's a never ending war between the pirate sites and the lawyers of the publishers trying to stop the unpaid reading of the works,a war that would've been resolved had the work simply been published online complete with translations and a decent cost for a paywall,if not a free system through ad revenue.

Piracy ain't about cost,it's about access,and anyone who dares deny that access on the basis that a degree below decent is the same as true bottom is delusional and hypocritical to the environment they're making that claim in.

We care for receiving the oranges,we care not if the orange is blemish free or has a few knicks n' cuts here and there,so long as the orange isn't straight up rotting away,and we're lucky enough that the oranges come at all,so we have no right to even complain about a few knicks n' cuts when the thing is free.

If you paid for better oranges,then you have every right to dispute the knicks n' cuts.

If you paid the original orange distributer instead of relying on the pirates to ship it to you for no cost,then you would've shown actual respect for the actual care taken to grow said orange.

Why you should help him?,because you have a problem and that is a better solution then mouthing off like your some sort of Navy SEAL with X amount of hours.

You speak like you're worth something,but you aren't,you are as replacable as any other person in todays' world,we even have machines that can do the job without the baggage of the human,you are as replable as every single Hollwood actor,pop star singer,and Twitter artist,we've reached a point where we don't have to take your human flaws,we can just throw out the complaints and have the machine tweaked to our needs.

Your hobby,your "craft",we care not,the actual product,we do care,but we're not elitist to the fact we're getting this stuff for no cost beyond our own internet bill,so we can accept those who provide a better fitting offer,and the chad to did chapter 69 and 70,the fine fellow who is striving to be as good as you are,is making a much better show of it then you EVER will.

Enjoy your booty,matey,may your trips on these high seas open your landlubber eyes to the real truth.

Oh look,you've just shown how much of a high horse elitist unicorn you are,you've even started putting a foot down in facism.

For someone who claims to have learned his "craft",you clearly have never been around these interwebs long enough to actually see the real scurvy of these seven seas,there are far worse things that are still up on multiple sites,Mangadex included,that are top to bottom structured badly,with grammar mistakes in every other sentence,taking more time per sentence for someone to descipher what the actual sentence probably was.

These last two chapters for this comic?,no difficulty at all with reading them,except for all the whiny elitists who think they have any credible say without ever once paid for,helped with,nor provide direct solutions that didn't involve you screaming like a multi-coloured hair psycho about how this is bottom tier garbage when it clearly isn't.

Yes,three days tops,and by a single person too.

After a week of being a poor nine to fiver(if you're lucky),Friday night pops in,after cooking that nice lil' dinner,spending some time with the fam(if you're extra lucky),you boot up the ol' Windows 7,upload the pages to your perferred machine(if you yourself don't speak the language),if it's a 30 page chapter of moderate text density,then mere seconds for each page to be translated(or minutes for typing down the translation somewhere if you're doing it yourself),translations done for that chapter.

Got time before you slide into bed and show the spouse that your hips can still groove?,then boot up the perferred paint tool and start erasing all those speech bubble texts,text just outside of the bubbles,and any particular written words you might find,those pesky dramatic text things you can commonly find?,leave 'em as is and put a small note of what the translation is next to it,something much more complicated?,make a translator notation to be slapped onto the end of the chapter,that 30 pages would take about 15 or 20 minutes to erase the text to what you need it to be,not a single redraw needed,just some numbers that correspond with the previously translated text so you which goes where.

No time because your precious little one needs some love,kisses,and a new diaper?,then hit the hay after dealing with the terrorist bombing of the brown variety,wake up,deal with the morning chores and just finish it off before or after lunch.

Now use that sweet Saturday to start up that paint application and start entering the text into their corresponding bubbles,give yourself an hour for that 30 pages,got a lot of Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V to do,along with font size adjustments,after all,maybe two hours to fix any issues before you head out to the shops to stock up on those sweet dinner plans for the upcoming week.

Boom,a 30 page chapter done with so much leeway to work with,you can even let it pour into Sunday,with the only potential setbacks being the machine not translating some words due to the font usage or even the hand writing and the accuracy of your follow up being determined by your ability in English,Japanese puns and the like can simply be replaced or even given a note of their own,any suspected knowledge that non-Jap readers or newbie reader might not know?,Wikipedia style referrences at the end as its' own page.

Weekend taken up by something?,you have three more weekends before a month passes by,and potential for any bonus days to show up.

No time at all due to you yourself making your own life filled to the brim?,congrats,you've screwed up somewhere,and hobbies just aren't in the available options without a significant change to occur first,which is far more important then whining about how your "craft" has been honed but you've got real life holding you back for months on end.

Respect for the work?,that argument never works in these lawless lands of 1s and 0s,because hardly any of us in this comment section has paid for the original work,since that is the only way to actually respect the work that was made for one reason and one reason only,to sustain a livelihood in the ever increasing Hell that is Japan(or anywhere else,even,'cus your nine to five is a lot more stable then being a comic artist),the industry as a whole requires cash to work.

Of course,the most important part after the product has been made is to actually get into consumer hands,and the majority of them are more then content with it only being local hands,so we outside have little choice but smuggle the goods onto the world wide web,there is no respect for being a law breaker.

So by default,there is no respect between us and the comic maker,whilst there's a never ending war between the pirate sites and the lawyers of the publishers trying to stop the unpaid reading of the works,a war that would've been resolved had the work simply been published online complete with translations and a decent cost for a paywall,if not a free system through ad revenue.

Piracy ain't about cost,it's about access,and anyone who dares deny that access on the basis that a degree below decent is the same as true bottom is delusional and hypocritical to the environment they're making that claim in.

We care for receiving the oranges,we care not if the orange is blemish free or has a few knicks n' cuts here and there,so long as the orange isn't straight up rotting away,and we're lucky enough that the oranges come at all,so we have no right to even complain about a few knicks n' cuts when the thing is free.

If you paid for better oranges,then you have every right to dispute the knicks n' cuts.

If you paid the original orange distributer instead of relying on the pirates to ship it to you for no cost,then you would've shown actual respect for the actual care taken to grow said orange.

Why you should help him?,because you have a problem and that is a better solution then mouthing off like your some sort of Navy SEAL with X amount of hours.

You speak like you're worth something,but you aren't,you are as replacable as any other person in todays' world,we even have machines that can do the job without the baggage of the human,you are as replable as every single Hollwood actor,pop star singer,and Twitter artist,we've reached a point where we don't have to take your human flaws,we can just throw out the complaints and have the machine tweaked to our needs.

Your hobby,your "craft",we care not,the actual product,we do care,but we're not elitist to the fact we're getting this stuff for no cost beyond our own internet bill,so we can accept those who provide a better fitting offer,and the chad to did chapter 69 and 70,the fine fellow who is striving to be as good as you are,is making a much better show of it then you EVER will.

Enjoy your booty,matey,may your trips on these high seas open your landlubber eyes to the real truth.
You sir, you're a legend. The roast was so hot that I could feel it here

How can people call this a "good quality translation"?

The first two sentences aren't even correct English, ffs.

Please, stop the massacre.
Ok, I am an American in his 40's. I've graduated from college and have always had very high scores in my native language. I've noticed there are two types of people who complain about the translations. One, those who's English is so terrible they need it perfectly translated to make sense of it. Two, those who think their English is good (even if it is their native language) but in reality it's so terrible they can't actually tell that the problem lies with themselves and not the translator. Yes, there is something wrong with the first sentence, however, if you know the language it should be easy for your brain to simply fix the error and move on. There is nothing wrong with the second sentence, it's just not the word you think should be there but it still makes sense.

Power Uploader
Ok, I am an American in his 40's. I've graduated from college and have always had very high scores in my native language. I've noticed there are two types of people who complain about the translations. One, those who's English is so terrible they need it perfectly translated to make sense of it. Two, those who think their English is good (even if it is their native language) but in reality it's so terrible they can't actually tell that the problem lies with themselves and not the translator. Yes, there is something wrong with the first sentence, however, if you know the language it should be easy for your brain to simply fix the error and move on. There is nothing wrong with the second sentence, it's just not the word you think should be there but it still makes sense.

While it can be "understood", it's not an excuse for writing bad English, is it? I know this isn't school, but if you were to write an essay in that kind of English and tell the teacher "Mister, it should be easy for your brain to simply fix the error and move on", I don't think it's going to fly. It's a question of respect. For the language and for the readers.

If you have to stop every few sentences and ask yourself, "wait, what did that mean in context?" and have to process it before moving on, then there's a problem with the translation. Unless you're speedreading, don't really care about the content and just want to know the gist of it. But then, don't pretend you care about the work.

I'm also an American and having "high scores" in English means jack shit. Languages have rules for reasons, and it's not to make life difficult for non-native speakers. Your attempt at preemptively discrediting everyone who disagrees with you has been noted. I'm sure that got you high grades during your journalism degree or whatever.

Also I notice that not only has the original group not posted any updates, the new translator has seemingly dropped the series as well. So much for it not being a problem and hurting no one, lmao.

Fed-Kun's army
This is why i hate sniper. They lose interest after 1-2 chapters. When established group regularly translatiny very month

Wow guys, I'm so glad that someone sniped it, had the OG just stop translating it, and then abandoned it themselves after 2 chapters! It's just great!

If you're gonna snipe at least stick to it ffs.

bro either learn the language and then start translating, OR DONT DO IT, there was a perfectly adequate and PROPER TL group already doing this series and you stole it "just for fun". I get the feeling they haven't done another chapter because you straight up took it from them, AND you haven't even tried to keep it consistent, ITS BEEN 2 MONTHS. who let this man ever touch this site to upload

As long as you have informed yado inn about you making these scanlation i'm ok with it
Aint NO WAY bro informed Yado, he didnt even mention the last TL in his notes, NEVER be ok with people sniping series from quality TLs

Users who are viewing this thread