Sengoku Komachi Kuroutan: Noukou Giga - Vol. 4 Ch. 16 - Pursuit

@charkan, hmm the wolves sure do seem quite intelligent... But wolf god or not, I personally feel its motivation isn't really related to species extinction, mainly because it feels kinda odd if the central plot shifts from war to saving an animal species even as an arc, since Shizuko would really need a strong reason to convince people to assist her to devote quite some resources to saving animal species in a warring period, I can't see how Shizuko would randomly be motivated to change the focus so much too unless she's specifically instructed by the entity.

@criver
The manga may have this hole without explanation, but the novel clings to the explanation that Shizuko is a miko of the wolf god. She has helped a neighboring village so that it does not slide along the mountain towards her village if it rains.

The time travel method is not explained but it has some connection with the rain and not a truck (sarcasm). Whoever brought her to this timeline gave the hint, and he(Nobunaga) hooked up the dots.

Dex-chan lover
@Ironclad
Because you're devoting resources to teaching a potato farmer the humanities
Absurd.
A school will teach it's students the curriculum that the government decided they need to know to work on their society. If Shizuko was to establish a school system there she would create a curriculum that would fit their needs.

@Shelly
You gave one example of a problem.
It's not enough to negate the benefits and can be fixed.

I really adore this manga. Time travel and fooling around while being blissful of chaos theory or having no consequences at all. How nice~ I wish I had a power like that or just get into a time slip maybe 10 or so years into the past.

Dex-chan lover
@Panino
I'm trying to look at things from a feudal lords perspective. First name one education system that actually did that? Education has always been 90% indoctrination, 10% utility. Reading, writing, and basic math were only seen as useful for nobility. Farmers and laborers are basically draft animals that can understand verbal commands. Even something as simple as recording crop yields and deciding irrigation can be left to the local lords.

Dex-chan lover
@Panino She probably just told nobu about the 'equal opportunity at education for everyone' crap, thus leading to nobu's mistaking it as basic knowledge for many at the cost of hampering the gifted. That panel is just there to show the type of topics they went through, who knows if she did went on to clear his mistaken assumption.

Also, other than trade schools and the like, public education is mostly rubbish.

Dex-chan lover
The Tokugawa actually established a parish-school-like system (terakoya), so it's not like Feudal lords all go "education? Don't need that." per default. And it paid off at latest during the Meiji Restauration, when Japan was able to rapidly industrialize while leaving countries that had no such institutions were left behind (or had already been swallowed up by European powers). But even before then it's useful if you want anything beyond the most basic of agricultural societies to govern over. People need to trade, they need to read and write laws or communicate, they need to calculate things, they need to invent better methods of doing things they are already doing and spreading those, they need to concern themselves with complex tasks like shipbuilding or architecture, they need to spread philosophical ideas (like be obedient to your god-emperor for the good of your soul) and so on. It really goes without saying. There's barely anything as valuable as a highly educated population that a country can have. ^^

Dex-chan lover
@IMACOP to be clear I mean specifically in historical* type isekai, not "other world" isekai. At least the ones I read, so maybe it's just a trope that's less common than I think it is. But it's still refreshing to me to see someone spill the beans and then kind of neither be immediately believed, but also not have someone unreasonably just assume they've lost their senses.

*Ok ok I also read a lot of those "I'm the villian/ess in an otome/LN isekai and the 'secret keeping' thing is a lil more of a focus in those. I make no excuses. I just like historical details and agriculture.... but also sometimes a man wants to read some doofy romance drama on the side.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@miyako19 Never said he did it due to religion. Mt Hiei was home to powerful and independent monks. Then these monks decided to join the war and side with Oda's enemies. They asked for it really. The civilians? Maybe a "necessary sacrifice" to ensure that no monks escape. I mean how hard would it be for a monk to pretend to be a civillian (men or women)? And children would just seek revenge in the future/suffer needlessly without parents. Simpler to just off them all.

There is also another theory that Mitsuhide betrayed Nobunaga because his fief was going to Ranmaru.

Nobunaga's brother betraying him wouldn't mean anything because there is always a "succession crisis" regardless of what country it is. Take a look at the Yuan Family from Three Kingdoms for example. They certainly didn't kill each other while Cao Cao watch and laugh because one of them thought the other was evil. They simply wanted power.
Nobunaga being a progressive person didn't help matters in inspiring loyalty.

Again, I am not saying that Nobunaga is 100% a good person but simply that it is possible he was actually a "good person" instead of "Rawr, For the Evulz!" I am just pointing out possible 'not evil' alternative reasons for his supposedly evil deeds.

Its like saying "Nobunaga is so evil. He burned down Mt Hiei" without saying "Those monks are so evil. (or stupid. Your choice.) They purposely provoked Nobunaga to burn down Mt Hiei."

Dex-chan lover
Pretty sure that she rides all men in the room when she's out her mind lmao jk

Dex-chan lover
Well fuck...
2 years worth of chapters in one go.
Now to wait for more.
I hate when this happens.
And it happens a lot.

Group Leader
@everyone a tease from us
SPOILER_Ch17.png]

Aggregator gang
@sonyalexandra i have the same eyes when in full concentration. i blankly stare forward. and see as if im focusing my sight on everything is see. while deep in thought.

Users who are viewing this thread