Sengoku Komachi Kuroutan: Noukou Giga - Vol. 7 Ch. 35 - Identity

Double-page supporter
@ShionVaynex I'm just saying a rudimentary version wouldn't cut it. It would have to take time, just like it did in our world; even if you have knowledge about the design it would still take time to develop the means of production.

Dex-chan lover
Translators, make sure to wear your masks. Without you a small number of readers will die.

Dex-chan lover
@toru_okada

*Sure, you can say that Shizuko can just spread her knowledge and other cities will follow suit (through Nobunaga's intimidation), but does Nobunaga really need to remove her village? In what way does this help develop his shogunate?

Yes, exactly because her villagers know much more than the rest. By moving them to different villages, those knowledge will be spread further and faster.

But I guess that the main reason her village was demolished is that Nobunaga has another work for her, that her job as chief will made she too busy/inefficient in at least one of them. On top of that, the main goal of the village is already accomplished.

Dex-chan lover
@Kalamel

That makes sense, I hadn't thought of it that way. Thanks. Feel free to point out where you think im wrong. Forgive me for my wall of text, Lord knows why im so worked up over this manga haha...

It doesn't make sense to remove a thriving village for that reason (Fulfilling the village's purpose, spreading talent, etc.). the shogunate is also in a state of war. Why would you need to close an established production base? Sure you can say the village was created for the sole purpose of proving Shizuko's knowledge, but the village accomplished that and more. The result was a dynamic and thriving village that is a productive bread basket of various modern crops, a laboratory
for various social and educational programs, and a massive workshop for tools of war and tools for convenience (peacetime tools) that would be a massive boon to trade not just in the village, but to the future unified Japan as a whole. The impact of this village is apparent to the point that nearby surrounding villages were born over the economic opportunities the people saw in Shizuko's village. Nobunaga could've just appointed a competent administrator to look over the land, and let Shizuko instruct at the occasions when her knowledge is needed. I think the village is self-sufficient enough to be in that arrangement. I don't think the villagers are that dumb.

Its like digging a hole to prove that there's a well, and when you find it, you use it for a week and then put back the dirt down to plug the hole.

Even with the dispersion of the skilled workers, and even with the absolute political will of Nobunaga, we're still talking about shogunate-wide reforms. It isn't as simple as plug and play. These changes would take time. You still have to train a lot more people, you'd need to assemble the talent required to execute those plans (as much as Shizuko is basically a cheat, she can't be everywhere at once), you'd need the production base to produce the tools needed, you'd have to deal with the fact that there would be still be some sort of resistance (you cant deny that some people hold fast to traditions), and maybe some unforseen circumstances or complications that wasnt taken into account, i dunno. Every massive reform project takes time; history can attest to that. I'd reckon it would at least take two years before we can see this effort bear fruit. And that's two years worth of valuable produce lost that could've been avoided. Id argue thats more inefficient. And Shizuko's village could've lent a hand to the reform efforts.

Maybe im thinking about this in a wrong perspective. But I can't honestly think that it was a responsible thing to do. What do you think? Cause im at a loss.

Dex-chan lover
This is embarrassingly late, but congrats with your thesis defense! Enjoy your freedom!! 🥳

I have found my new Wi-Fi Password. "ashikagasakanouechuujousangijusanmiseiitaishogunminamotonoasonyoshiterudono"

Users who are viewing this thread