Sengoku Komachi Kuroutan: Noukou Giga - Vol. 8 Ch. 36 - Farsight

Dex-chan lover
Man, they introduced a bunch of big bads all in a row this chapter huh? I just want her to be given a break, honestly.

Double-page supporter
Things gonna pop of soon. If anything bad happens to her, Hell is gonna spill over with her Uncle and Oda. Hahaha

Dex-chan lover
Great, now every damn warlord from every damn corner of the country is eyeing for her...

And now either Mitsuhide, or Hideyoshi is having ideas about Shizuko becoming tool for their ambitions...

Dammit Shizuko, I worry about you more than I worry about that grumpy Nobu.

Dex-chan lover
@Nunally it's the same process, making the magnifying glass first won't help.

They're trying to make the glass blank first, without knowing the full manufacturing method.

Edit: for those wondering, this website has a pretty good breakdown of the entire optics manufacturing process http://www.madehow.com/Volume-2/Telescope.html

Shizuko and her glassblowers probably don't have access to good quality materials (quartz) and high enough temperatures, around 1550C.

Dex-chan lover
@moozooh
Dr Stone is hardly what I'd call realistic in terms of manufacturing. Specially so since so many of the people involved are super duper human geniuses at their respective crafts.

Dex-chan lover
It's either the fault of sub-par silica or not enough temperature.
Glass kilns are not your average smelters.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know who that guy under the shadow is, but if I had to guess it's
Hisahide Matsunaga

Dex-chan lover
Shizuko has to figure out how to make a hellscape of a kiln first if she wants to advance that glass production of hers.

kilns then good quality quartz too iirc

it can be made with less pure glass but wonder how effective it'll be

Double-page supporter
@Grimmycoffee
Matsunaga? Isn't he depicted as the castle builder old guy in Nobunaga's Chef? This one is too young. If i want to take a guess, he's Saru from the depicted sideburn he sports.
Actually, have we ever seen Nobunaga's retainer except Mori Yoshinari?

Dex-chan lover
@Sakuratea I think we did see other retainers before, let me check for a while.

On why I thought that was
Matsunaga, well he was the one that kills Yoshiteru who is shown in last chapter, so I think it was the natural progression.
But yeah, he does seem too young now that I think about it.

Edit: We see Hideyoshi in chapter 5 and Akechi in chapter 27

omg when I was thinking "Agriculture turned to engineering/material genius, borderline impossible" then they clarified craftsmen making ideas like that come true with their knowledge instead of Shizuko knowing every detail, making it believable.

@Grimmycoffee Yes That's definitely might be Matsunaga Hisahide and just like in historically and how he depict in every media he always be portrait as cunning and ambitious tyrant, he heard the rumor of the Oda clan resource, wealth and Shizuko. if you look at his dialogue looks like he was trying to achieved everything or forcing shizuko to use her wits had for his own personal ambition like how Konoe want to adopt her because of her genius thinking.

Oh yeah, Since Ashimitsu was Ashikaga Yoshiteru, i wonder what is the role of Ashikaga Yoshiaki ( Yoshiteru's brother ) is nobunaga will be make Yoshiaki a puppet shogun or Ashimitsu control behind the scene by disguise as another person ? we finally see many daimyo and I think Oda and Shizuko will have a big problem like
Azai Nagamasa betrayal, Yoshiaki make coalition against Nobunaga, Nobunaga will Massacre everyone including Monks,women and Children, Takeda's & Uesugi invasion, Many of Nobunaga's retainer and Matsunaga will betray him.

Users who are viewing this thread