Senken no Majutsushi to Yobareta Kenshi - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Supporter
Some seems to be confusing it with "forced plot", but that isn't exactly what happened in this chapter. It's just simply a plot, but with an unimaginative way of presenting the backstory to the reader, to a certain degree. It was made that way to quickly introduce the "rules" of the story, and the relative power levels, because as a reader we start at zero so it's up to the author to create ways to introduce us to pertinent information. There are ways to make it flow more naturally though.
I actually started checking out the WN because this kind of story appeals to my tastes even though it isn't written in a way that satisfies everyone. And in the WN, although I skipped a lot of what was in the manga because I'm tired so I just glanced over the manga stuff, it actually looks like the manga has changed certain things to make it fit the number of pages, based on the things I glanced over.

As the saying goes, you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

Dex-chan lover
more pls. I wanna witness the rise of two persecuted lolis standing against injustice saved by a kind sword flinging onii-san.

@welcome2atlantis that's what I thought at first too but I'm pretty sure she was just saying she would help change the girls' clothes, buy their underwear, etc, things that'll be hard for a male to do.

@PurpleBomber i'll just answer you in an edit because i cant post again. Under 5 chapters. Him not accepting the world's conventions and having to learn all the "common sense" from scratch is pretty much a dead giveaway. Also, 5 chapters is a long time in these monthly release kind of stories.

Double-page supporter
@Kogata Yup, Japan has normalized slavery in fantasy manga so they had to go to a new lower class.

As for people assuming this is over the top, in India, the Dalit / Untouchables were treated in a very similar manner for most of the time, but instead of just "owning them" they were forced into squalid conditions. Also the Cagot in France.

@LordJeff
yes my Lord,or should i say sultan? or maybe noble , my king? you're the best "reader" of manga ! So selfish at that, do you think you're the only one to read this ? The type of guy who will say "cliche" but haven't realize that he's not the only one read.

Dex-chan lover
I bet an imaginaicon-$ on non-isekai.

"Even with that being the case, you didn't have to refuse it in that manner."
Now I'm curious. Which way did she imagine to refuse it than? That general was pushy as hell. Not running about that matter, saying how it is and not staying to discuss it was the wisest move to do. You can't take to those kind of people.

Also @ introducing a new lower then slave caste: Reeeaally....I could imagine circumstances, but they still are too far fetched and unstable. You really taste the milked sympathy mixed with convenience for storytelling in this element here.

But the rest of the story is really decent. The goddess is evil. Or is she? Is he himself one of the devil twins? What will happen to his not-party party? I hope nothing too bad. I'd love to read the next chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Why not enter at interval? Bring the 1st twin inside with the party,then the 2nd with the MC.if you make a bit of difference(hat/helmet,hairstyle,etc) people won't notice......

Dex-chan lover
Geez, there's a limit to persecution, but this just burst the limit.

This is more than Freya throwing a fit over mistletoe before Balur got stabbed with it. More than Achilles getting shot in the foot. Or someone that got a nasty burn and has to hide it. Or because your a beastman in a human society.

This is "You are EVIL!" without knowing why.

Dex-chan lover
@AbyssalMonkey I feel like you are reading far too much into the story from just a single chapter. Not because it sounds implausible, but rather because the story felt too unimaginative to me for it to be doing any such intricate foreshadowing at this point already. Him being the slain god sounds likely however, its the swords only being two (I felt like I often saw more of them) and the kids being his "swords" (vanguards) that feels more imaginative than the story (it feels very bog-standard).

Would however be funny, if it turned out that all twins in that world are after all actually really slain demons serving the slain god. Way to make what seems like unjust treatment from arbitrary beliefs into a proper punishment for immortal entities that rose in arms against an immortal god.

Dex-chan lover
interesting.

but it seem like will be a hard journey for em since mc not look like have efficient skill like illusion or something

Dex-chan lover
if that was me..
'since you twin keep calling you that.. guess i'll raise you as evil twin gods who will kill gods.. eh how's that?'

@jimmyclear
yet we have many examples in our societies
the black people, the albinos, the american indians who were saying less develop, but who had much more democratic political systems than we have nowadays, farming techniques that have benefited the whole world or women in all societies.
the most stupid in my opinion is "Japan's Burakumin" because they have nothing different, physically or genetically.

Twins are definitely connected to chantless magic, and the companion the MC is looking for will probably be his twin. And don't think about discrimination too much, there's always one for every shitty manga like slavery, japanese food being the greatest in isekai land and the church always being evil

Dex-chan lover
@Gauvain

Yeah, its sad. Really, village people who are cut off from technology? No shame in that. In fact, some of us envy them. Simple life, wake up, tend to the fields, retire. Rinse and repeat.

So thoughts so far. I like where its going. Its using some generic tropes however the way they were delivered or displayed gives me hope. I like the concept for how he understands chantless magic and the analogy he used to describe his thoughts on the matter. World set up is light but a bit interesting and this first chapter was a bit exposition / explanation heavy but so be it. Discrimination is a bit exaggerated but lets be honest, I can totally believe humanity having done something extremely similar in the past with religion and or classes. Idk if this is isekai or not but im leaning towards the latter. I look forward to more c: and it also helps the twins look adorable and make u want to just hug them >.<

Users who are viewing this thread