Senken no Majutsushi to Yobareta Kenshi - Vol. 2 Ch. 10

Aggregator gang
@cor3zone i mean how are you gonna move the plot otherwise lmao, it might be bullshit but it's way better than a still story

Dex-chan lover
@FireCamp Could just have the twins kidnapped from home, rather than have them be morons. But, at least it gives them some kind of trait, I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dex-chan lover
For me, I'm just glad there's an actual reason for why the twins hadn't been murdered already. "I need them as batteries for my magical sword" is a sensible reason, and range limitations even means it's sensible to have them nearby.
(Usually evil murderbastards will still treat hostages nicely so they can be saved. Preferable storywise for sure, but having a proper reason for what is preferable is also preferable ;)

@cor3zone totally agree. They even saw how Aldis got refused everywhere just because they were with him. And the people at the inn were shocked when they saw them, as well as the old man they met alone. Even if he ended up being "nice" to them, he still made it clear that they should hide their faces so they should be aware they're not truly safe if Aldis isn't around.

I can understand them being cheerful thanks to Aldis, but it makes absolutely no sense that they have the courage to leave the house on their own. Not even to play around the house but to go to a fucking town full of people who could treat them just as bad as those villagers.

Kidnapping them from the house when Aldis is around is impossible, of course, but the dude still has to leave for work (and is overconfident enough to take the sorcerer girl instead of making her a babysitter) so I would like it more if the knight took advantage of that timing to kidnap them, specially if he has a magic-devouring sword (Aldis says it eats offensive magic, but that could be an inaccurate guess as far as we know)

@bvdaf Right, I look at the page with the twins and the way they're handcuffed and keep thinking they really should have been able to use their fingers to take off the rings before the dude triggered them. Unless we're told they're cursed and can't be removed until death, as usual (otherwise the mages on this chapter should've thrown them away after the first mage started screaming)

Dex-chan lover
@Raikuha I actually had a discussion about Aldis not leaving a guard for the twins on a past chapter. About how weird it is that nobody noticed Nale standing outside his house for days, how he can't have close neighbours because of that, etc.. Would have been nice if it bit him in the ass, as per Chekov's Gun, but instead we get this poor excuse. 😏

I know it's for plot purposes and all, but still... The whole scenario is a bit silly. I just can't buy the twins being this stupid. I can get that being with Aldis has opened them up a bit, but even then, he put a huge amount of effort just to get them to eat, or even speak. They were portrayed as almost completely broken and traumatized from early on. From what we've seen of their life, who can blame them? However, there's no way I'm believing they more or less 'got over it' this quickly. At least not enough to willingly (and knowingly) put themselves in such a high-risk situation.
Trauma and fear at the level that they likely experienced doesn't just go away like that; especially if the motivation is curiosity or snacks.

At this point the twins deserve what happens to them. They went through so much shit after sneaking out of their house yet, without fail, they continue repeating the same actions over and over again. They suffered such severe trauma and literally learned nothing from it? Forced plot retardation at its finest.

*sneaks out*
*gets stoned by people*
*learns that most people hate them*
*suffer series of tragedies*
*get treated like shit*
*get saved*
*immediately repeat the action that led to tragedy*
13/10

Fed-Kun's army
@RaigaaXD The Fuxk is wrong with you, they are kids, they don't deserve any wrong doing happen to them...

If it were an adult I would give you the reason but they are kids, they are immature, they don't understand why people treat them that way because no one has told them, not even Aldis ...
They are children ff sake, how could they understand.

Still, pls do not have kids, pls do not reproduce and if you do, pls give them in adoption.

PS: @Happily_Grim you too.

@conscript117 They have literally been told several times. Don't take things personally, man, they aren't even real. If anything, the problem is how the manga is based on the LN instead of the WN. If you think I literally would wish harm upon a child, there is something seriously wrong with you.

@conscript117 - You seriously underestimate a childs intelligence. I know you're super concerned with showing everyone what a sensitive and upright guy you are, and good for you. However, while you're basking in the warmth of your self-righteous ego, I'm really hoping you can brush up on your ability to slow down and actually read; instead of just looking at the pretty pictures. It won't take you too long to find the exposition that helps clarify that they know quite a bit -- at least much more than you, apparently, think they know. I don't even need to mention the conversations they were present for. Sure, they may not be clear on specifics, but they are pretty clear on people's perceptions.
Of course, slowing down and reading doesn't apply to just the manga, but my comment as well. I know, it's difficult. Afterall, who has time for that? If you had paid attention though, you would notice my remarks were more on the situation and plot. Primarily, with how it disregards previous behaviors and events. The whole thing makes them look dumber than I believe they are. It seems poorly written, in my opinion. There were much more believable ways to get to the same outcome. While you may find screaming: "omg but they kids" repeatedly to be some sort of justification; I do not.

I enjoy this series, and I'm looking forward to more of it. Like many series, I enjoy a bit of dialogue afterwards, regardless if it's for praise, or to critique. I have no problem if you, or someone else, wants to disagree with me; afterall, I feel I've learned a lot of different perspectives that way. That being said, if you feel the need to do so, and insult, then try not to do it at a 5th-grade level of intellectual fucking laziness. Add some actual substance. If that's your default way of trying to make a point, it becomes much more apparent, exactly who, should be following the advice you gleefully gave.

Fed-Kun's army
@Happily_Grim I can make a long comment and actually answer you, but I won't.... I'm not underestimating a child intelligence but I wont overestimate either, they are not that aware of all of their surroundings.
Even if you tell a kid to not do something they are not supposed to do even when they know they will be punished, there is a big % they will do it regardless, why, I dont know, but they do not think rationally like an adult does, they think different from an adult, and curiosity will always win in most cases(involving children obviously)

@RaigaaXD
If you think I literally would wish harm upon a child, there is something seriously wrong with you.
At this point the twins deserve what happens to them

Not my words, but yours...

@conscript117 - You can use a strawman followed by some sophistry all you'd like, it might evade things a bit, but still doesn't align with what has been stated and demonstrated. It's clear you are more concerned with being correct than going back and reading, as your main point completely disregards everything else, in favor of making the same lazy claims.
There's no doubt that children do things they probably shouldn't out of curiosity, but the instances they behave like that in are completely incomparable to the situation we're shown. It's a perfect example of 'comparing apples to oranges'. Even if we remove the tortuous physical abuse, slavery, isolation, and starvation, it only takes a cursory glance at the myriad of information available with regards to the obsevations of childhood trauma -- or even bullying -- to know there are significant effects. Now include all of it together, in a world with no solid support structure to recover and cope, and your statement is not only incredibly silly, it downright trivializes it. I already touched on this in my first post, but it seems to have been overlooked, so I figured I'd clarify once more. I could also, once again, remind you that they are much more aware of the situation than you seem to think, as noted in my previous post, but at this point my expectations are pretty low at hearing anything other than: "dey r kids!".

Fed-Kun's army
@Happily_Grim You will always find someone that does not agrees with your world views.

I'm not a parent, but I've my fair dealing with kids and I can say that they are very spontaneous and the manga portraits that behaviour correctly....If I may add they actually dont appear that much on the novel they are more like a reason for the mc to "be", so I can say the artist is very much just adding sauce...

@conscript117 - Once more you start a post with some absurd strawman that was never relevant to begin with. In fact, if you had been paying attention you'd once again find it's already something I've touched upon earlier.

Then you immediately hop back to the same old spiel. Yes, I know children are hyperactive and mischievous. I keep telling you this, but you're still entirely missing the point. For some reason, you seem completely incapable of separating the observed normal behavior of a physically, and mentally, healthy child, with the observed behavior of a child that has undergone intense physical, and mental, abuse. These twins belong at the extreme end of the latter. To put it as plainly as I can for you: they are not normal fucking kids! Even if they were completely oblivious to the cause (which they are not), it would still be highly irregular for them to act this way given the events they've been through. Getting a slap on the wrist as discipline for spontaneously sneaking a cookie would never leave the same impression as getting your face and body smashed in, and then starved.
Even normal, healthy children, are extra sensitive when matters of fear are involved. If they're told a monster story, they may develop a fear of the dark. Even if it's not entirely rational. Now take two children, who have a horribly abused past, and have lived a monster story, and they know monsters are real, and tell them they're everywhere, and it's not safe outside. They're not going to skip off to town alone.
If you genuinely believe that the author portrayed the behavior of the twins correctly, even with the insight we have as readers observing their past, then you'd have to be either completely insane, or utterly ignorant to the amount of damage that abuse at the level they received has on a person -- especially the young.
If you don't feel like re-reading as a refresher of what they've gone through you can simply read the comments by @cor3zone or @Raikuha to hopefully get a better understanding. From a character perspective, their behavior still makes little sense.

mrf

God damn you all!! It's just a drawing!! Just turn the page or even better if you print it off, turn it, poof! it's blank.

Problems is... it has a story and the drawing makes you emotionally attached to whatever it is...
And i don't like that page at all. That man need to be put down. Where's the vet? He's a crazy animal.

it is good to have an antagonist that doesnt get defeated in an instant by the MC . It was a smart move from the general to put those rings on the twins , now the MC´s movementes are limited. I wonder what he is going to do

Seems to be a plot hole.
Twins never used any magic, why would they have any magical power to drain?

There afraid of people for basically there whole life and they finally find someone who cares for them so they sneak off in secret together knowing they’ll be mistreated again if caught?! Yea There dumb!

MC could literally be God himself and the twins would still get hurt. It feels very redundant.

R I P twins, guess the you're cursed by the eternal plot cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread