Senken no Majutsushi to Yobareta Kenshi - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
Looks like there was a rewrite for the LN version the manga is adapting.

In the original WN,
the twins never got kidnapped and Aldis was never issued a letter of challenge. Instead soldiers turn up at Aldis' place with a (non-certified) arrest warrant for Nale and threaten to arrest Aldis too. Aldis fends the soldiers off and uses the chance to escape Thoria together with Nale and the twins.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder what is Aldis and Nale's role exactly. They clearly claimed "this world" so they're not natives. There's no sign they're isekai'd characters. Are they demons/angels wondering why the humans have become like this?

Dex-chan lover
Sometimes I wonder how authors view small children. Sure they can act stupid at times, but feels like these ones should both know how stupid it is to act outside the guardians knowledge, and have already been warned not to if possible. Particularly when they are taking measures like setting up barriers as they know they are currently targeted.
Also, how did they leave that note, with the gigantic barrier in place?

If they take the kids as hostage, the simplest way to solve it would be to take the lord et al as hostage in return, before showing up at the fort with them, right? Feels like any other method would endanger the twins, as simply showing up should have at least one of them executed instantly (if they aren't already). Both to show the threat is serious, and because it is simpler to only hold one hostage (although with a platoon at their use, I guess it is possible to hold them separately, so even if they can save one the other is a backup).

Aggregator gang
Way too naive of him, he knows how hated twins are and has personal problems with the country now and yet he doesnt make it clear to the children how dangerous it is to go outside without him, they are fckn children, of course something like this happen if you dont tell them what not to do under any circumstances...

Dex-chan lover
Look at this shit... they asked for it. Aldis better give them a brutal ending, that includes the stupid knight and the noble.

Dex-chan lover
@Umesan From what I read so far,
Aldis and Nale's roles are an ongoing background mystery, with the author putting in hints here and there. Like some WN paragraphs hinting that Aldis had tragically lost all his loved ones, that he acts like an older seasoned person despite his exterior youth, the world's goddess being the one who caused Aldis' tragedy, etc.

@zz2000 From reading your spoiler
Is there a reason why the goddess keeps fucking with him? Or was he was one of the twin devils who injured the goddess in his previous life?

Dex-chan lover
@Eldwin
Last I read the author only hinted here and there the goddess killed Aldis' people for her own power games and falsified her achievements. Like a part when Aldis hears a church sermon praising the goddess and he can only suppress his anger knowing how it's all false.

@feha @Silwith
The twins kidnapping never happened in the original WN; likely this is a rewrite for the LN version giving an excuse for Aldis to lay the smackdown on the deluded commander. In the WN soldiers turn up to arrest Nale and Aldis, Aldis fends them off and flees Thoria with the 3 girls in tow.

Dex-chan lover
51cfdvL9ekL._AC_SX425_.jpg

are you fucking serious. that's how the twins get caught!? the mc just randomly takes a nap and they go outside to get kidnapped...

Fed-Kun's army
That's why kids, you should listen to your parents/guardians
And parents/guardians, never let your guard down just because they behave properly around you

Man, it sometimes seems that almost everyone of Royal/Noble heritage in a manga is a complete psychopath, or high-functioning sociopath. Most of the time they're not even subtle about expressing it either. You'd think those of even slightly lower, but still noble social status, who weren't necessarily crazy, would actively work to eliminate and destroy these types. Not only for the greater good of their country, but for their own protection as well. They shouldn't be so apathetic or complacent with these things. That doesn't mean they should necessarily strive for a hierarchy that is the paragon of virue either, though. Since, afterall, being too benevolent and merciful can be just as pernicious to stability of a Kingdom as being too cruel.
I know it seems almost hypocritical, but I truly think Machiavelli best describes the proper way to use cruelty and fear -- which is a very good philosophical read, if anyone has the interest and time. Typing in something like "Machiavelli better to be feared than loved" should bring up some good results to get a better understanding.
It also becomes a bit frightening when you understand how his principles and philosophy are expressed in our societies today.

Users who are viewing this thread