Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi - Ch. 212.5 - I can't escape from this feeling

Dex-chan lover
You do realize those are mutually exclusive comments. If it's not canon it means nothing, just a what if. She has dated men so I think she would be more Bi than a lesbian. Or it could be a case of it's okay if it's you.
Sure, but I doubt she's not lesbian or bi. (I forgot she dated men before)
It's possible, but with the hints of the manga, I'd be shocked if it becomes canon that she's actually straight.

That's what I mean by "clear".
It certainly isn't official (canon) yet, but I'm personally certain she's in love with Futaba.

Anyway.

Fed-Kun's army
I mean, I can't say I fault anyone that doesn't think that a person being a good friend to someone they've known for years is supposed to be some flag of romantic interest. Until recently, the only thing really shown to be going on with her was with the shota. Now? Fine, you got me there, but I don't think it was an unreasonable impression to have.
If anyone didn't see anything before then they need to work on understanding subtext and media literacy.

Dex-chan lover
Sure, but I doubt she's not lesbian or bi. (I forgot she dated men before)
It's possible, but with the hints of the manga, I'd be shocked if it becomes canon that she's actually straight.

That's what I mean by "clear".
It certainly isn't official (canon) yet, but I'm personally certain she's in love with Futaba.

Anyway.
One thing to note is that dating men doesn't mean she isn't a lesbian. This can happen in real life where they are running away from their own sexuality. Another thing, she also said that she hasn't let anyone in her house, so it's not unreasonable to think that she hasn't actually slept with any of the guys she dated.

That being said, it's a bit of a faux pas to say someone can't be a lesbian if they have slept with men before. Whether or not she is lesbian or not, she is definitely sapphic in some way shape or form.

Dex-chan lover
I have never seen REAL people do the "she must be canadian" meme unironically.

Until now.

People REALLY didn't see the hints to this at all?
More like people DENIED them. The funny thing is I wrote a comment referencing some hashtags that the author used a few chapters back. Then, this one guy came along and was like "No you're wrong" and just started a reply chain about just denying even the possibility of it. Egg on their face, I suppose.

Happy pride everyone.

Dex-chan lover
More like people DENIED them. The funny thing is I wrote a comment referencing some hashtags that the author used a few chapters back. Then, this one guy came along and was like "No you're wrong" and just started a reply chain about just denying even the possibility of it. Egg on their face, I suppose.

Happy pride everyone.
Yep, some of these people are just trying to disguise their homophobia with walls of text.

Dex-chan lover
More like people DENIED them. The funny thing is I wrote a comment referencing some hashtags that the author used a few chapters back. Then, this one guy came along and was like "No you're wrong"
No, "this one guy" pointed out that you completely mistranslated one of the chapter titles you brought up, produced inaccurate and incomplete Japanese language info, and couldn't even translate a single element of the other chapter title you chose to bring up.

Despite trying to use them as evidence. Despite not (initially) acknowledging your lack of confidence with that much Japanese.

"This one guy" then translated both, and acknowledged (for the second time) the possibility of the theory, and specifically that the first title could have had a double meaning referring to both Natsumi (in a hypothetical attraction to Futaba) and Futaba (in her explicitly stated attraction to Takeda)-- but was absolutely applicable to Futaba given her predicament.

"This one guy" explicitly didn't deny the possibility of the idea, not being able to rule out the possibility given the incongruencies of another omake chapter-- incongruencies that "he" explored in response to a user who alluded to the chapter as evidence that she couldn't have been interested in Futaba because she (allegedly) tried to give honmei chocolate to a guy.

Rather, "he" considered an argument that was one third poorly translated Japanese and one third minor feature with little substance absent definitive context, to be a deficient argument. "He" even said that it had potential merit, putting aside you undermining it with the aforementioned.

Last edited:
Contributor
Not sure if this is canon but I cannot be the only one who kinda had this feeling

Dex-chan lover
To all the people who were saying it was copium, the signs were there, you just said I was "grasping at straws" and stuff.
Yes, that tends to be the idea for people making claims that didn't get any form of focus until the last 50ish chapters in a 200+ chapter series.
Natsumi was queer-coded as hell since day 1.
...And I wonder why they said you were high on copium with takes like these.

I feel so vindicated right now. To all the people who were saying it was copium, the signs were there, you just said I was "grasping at straws" and stuff. Without being totally obvious, Natsumi was queer-coded as hell since day 1.
I would not say since day one but I agree that the signs were there.

Yes, that tends to be the idea for people making claims that didn't get any form of focus until the last 50ish chapters in a 200+ chapter series.

...And I wonder why they said you were high on copium with takes like these.
No bro, there were signs:

The Igarashi green on her left ring fingernail since Ch. 40.6 (I think).
Natsumi received a lot of chocolate in highschool but only wanted to give one to the "guy" she liked. It is then given to Igarashi as a giri, which makes me think she had already planned on giving one to Futaba but disguised it as a giri not to look weird.
The strange Halloween outfit she made Yuuto wear, turning him into a girl.
Chapter 121, she says she has ever only allowed people she loves in her place. Later on we get she only allows Igarashi and Yuuto in.

Maybe the original Japanese is another story, but from the English translation one can get that idea.

Dex-chan lover
No bro, there were signs:

The Igarashi green on her left ring fingernail since Ch. 40.6 (I think).
Natsumi received a lot of chocolate in highschool but only wanted to give one to the "guy" she liked. It is then given to Igarashi as a giri, which makes me think she had already planned on giving one to Futaba but disguised it as a giri not to look weird.
The strange Halloween outfit she made Yuuto wear, turning him into a girl.
Chapter 121, she says she has ever only allowed people she loves in her place. Later on we get she only allows Igarashi and Yuuto in.

Maybe the original Japanese is another story, but from the English translation one can get that idea.
1) Who the fuck that isn't specifically looking for such signs for such reasons is gonna notice the bloody color on a single fingernail?
2) Giving friend chocolate is also a thing on Valentine's Day in Japan, I think we've all seen enough rom-coms to know that works, so once again her giving Futaba chocolate doesn't inherently mean anything to someone not thinking it does.
3) Yes, cuz making cute boys crossdress isn't a thing typically seen in animanga.
4) Fine, I relent there is nothing for no one to say in that regard, but that fact we had to into the 120s for something substantial just proves my point. Unless you were thinking she was gay/bi from the start for whatever reason, no normal person is gonna think she is from how a good chunk of the series doesn't do anything that really is thought of as romantic, especially when you throw Yuuto into the equation.

Dex-chan lover
1) Who the fuck that isn't specifically looking for such signs for such reasons is gonna notice the bloody color on a single fingernail?
2) Giving friend chocolate is also a thing on Valentine's Day in Japan, I think we've all seen enough rom-coms to know that works, so once again her giving Futaba chocolate doesn't inherently mean anything to someone not thinking it does.
3) Yes, cuz making cute boys crossdress isn't a thing typically seen in animanga.
4) Fine, I relent there is nothing for no one to say in that regard, but that fact we had to into the 120s for something substantial just proves my point. Unless you were thinking she was gay/bi from the start for whatever reason, no normal person is gonna think she is from how a good chunk of the series doesn't do anything that really is thought of as romantic, especially when you throw Yuuto into the equation.
Just give up. It's confirmed. You lost the moment you tried to argue against the literal chapter that showed she was gay.

Users who are viewing this thread