Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi - Ch. 236

"Wow, thanks!, I've been dying for the final chapter of Uzaki Kouhai for a whi-ah. Where's the kiss?"
"What kiss?"
"The kiss?! THE THING I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR FOR 6 YEARS NOW?! DON'T TELL ME YOU FORGOT THE KISS!!
"B-but there was no kiss in the-"
"HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO ENJOY THIS ROMCOM MANGA WITHOUT THE KISS!?!"
"
But, but-"
"DIDN'T YOU EVER ONCE, THINK OF THE READERS? YOU CALL YOURSELF A ROMANCE MANGAKA?! WELL I AIN'T READIN!!"
SLAMS CLOSE TAB

Dex-chan lover
That's it? That was abrupt. I'm also sick of authors treating the relationship like the endgame. You can do so many stories past that point. And it would be given some runway to wrap up the other stories too.

Dex-chan lover
Truly based. Thanks for translating it all this time seeing the "End" sticker did surprise me a lot!

Dex-chan lover
Ending was kind of too understated for me. Felt like there was no real progress and then they suddenly stopped it without much development. No update on the other couples in this manga either, so all the side plots were just dropped without notice, even though they were part of the reason why this series was so highly received to begin with.

It's an odd month with a bunch of the long running popular rom-coms ending at once. This, Nagatoro, Atsumare Fushigi Ken-bu... probably a few I'm forgetting as well. At least Nagatoro had a fairly eventful ending arc, and AFKb has been going on so long it's no surprise it's ending given how hard it probably is for the author to create more hijinks for that gang.

This series though? I'm actually surprised, there are a lot of things they could've done with the side couples for one more volume. I feel like it's a little bit too soon. Did the sales just drop off too much? There is a ton of rom-com competition out there, I can easily see this one fall by the wayside as people dropped it for something new and shiny.

So long and thanks for all the fish!

Sad to see the end but if its here I can't change that. See ya when I see ya lads!

Users who are viewing this thread