Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi

Group Leader
I did not make any change to the numbering. I don't know who did it, but I don't care enough to put it back. You can fix it if you want.

The numbering matches the artist's sources (pixiv, etc.), so it's not a problem. It was just weird and I couldn't understand how the count could have gone down without chapters being removed or something. As azraei97 pointed out, it seems some chapters were just "extras"

@SilentDan It could be worse, you could have invested 100+ 20-page chapters into rental girlfriend, or 200+ chapters into komi-san

Welp, Seven Seas just announced twenty minutes ago that they licensed this! Thanks for all of your hard work up until now! Gonna start throwing money at this.
https://sevenseasentertainment.com/2019/10/21/not-just-another-day-at-the-office-seven-seas-licenses-my-senpai-is-annoying-manga/

Even though that seven seas just announced the licensed acquisition, the first volume won't be out until May and even then (based on a 2 month cycle between each volume) by the time vol 1 comes out the scans will be way ahead like a good 4 or 5 vols.
Though I do want to know what are large trim size cuts for books? Like is it the same as Blame and Knights of Sidonia with the extra vertical height?

Dex-chan lover
I had to drop this. I'm ok with slow progress, but this is bloody ridiculous.
Over 100 issues in, and they are on the exact same progress as page 1.
I think onepiece will be over before they accidentally touch hands.

I really want to give this series a rating higher than 10 cause it deserves it

This is like a romance between and ogre and a halfling! Look at the size of his hand...

Dex-chan lover
@alacaelum Hope I did this right.
Well we got hand holding. Meaningless handholding. but it's something. I still won't change my mind about the pacing of this.

@SilentDan
You should be glad you aren't reading "Amano Megumi wa Suki Darake!"; there is a good ass reason why the only doujins of that manga have NTR tags, lmao.

God, if you had to drop this then I don't know how you would survive reading other Romcoms in the future. Even though I dislike having to accept mediocrity (though 'mediocrity' isn't a good term for a manga that exudes quality like this one), this Romcom is better in terms of pacing that most of them out there have and considering that this manga restricts itself to 3-4 pages, so you do have to consider that when talking about pacing and the like. So, if we say that 20 pages are the average of pages of a regular manga has then that could translate to mean that this manga would be in the 21st chapter so I would say that the pacing is quite faster than the average RomCom out there.

People were sharing the same sentiment with Tomo-chan which only had one page and (iirc) 953 chapters (which equates to around 47 chapters using a 20 page per chapter average).

So, please to any of you sharing this general sentiment, I honestly think that you should rethink how pacing works for manga with larger or smaller amounts of pages. Also, I like that this manga isn't based in highschool like every bland-ass RomCom is nowadays.

Dex-chan lover
@precognicent

Oh I'm well aware. I'm not the biggest fan of Romcom. Though I do like the ones where they actually get together at some decent point in the show. I personally find that if you don't give some slack, and constantly cock tease a relationship then the interest in them actually getting together dies off and you start looking into the other aspects of the manga. With this only being a few pages a chapter there's not much time to really get into much else, it's all very surface level.

Which is a shame because I'm a huge fan of big burly guys.

@SilentDan

I somewhat understand your point but for me, as a fan of rom-com Manga, I feel like this is one of the most promising Romantic Comedies there is (that hasn't been completed). I feel like this one has promise as it centralizes on how our female MC feels throughout the manga (unlike most in the industry focusing on the male lead) and is based in an 'adult'-like setting (such as offices, workplaces, etc) which allows for many (childish; or what I view as childish) tropes within RomCom can almost be nonexistent. Another major point is how this manga actually has a romantic aspect actually having a bigger role unlike other "rom-com" in which the comedy (or 'comedy' since it is subjective) is overshadowing the romantic aspect (i.e. chad bear man actually slowly recognizing tiny cat girl's developing feelings for him and chad bear man's slow realization of those feelings manifesting in some fashion)

I'll just say as a RomCom fan, we usually are very complacent when it comes towards rom-com manga and usually eat up the shit that is thrown at us from the heavily over-saturated market for rom-com so things like bear+cat (this), 1page-tomboy (Tomo-chan), secret vamp girl (i can't remember the name), and the gyaru collection are blessings in disguise.

Since you don't really like rom-com, I think you might be more interested in familial life or the romance of those that are already in a relationship as those actually are more romantic with slightly comedic undertones (or otherwise).

Also if you like chad bear dudes, then I think that "My Love Story" is for you if you want a rom-com with a guy that looks like he can crush your spine into a pulp. (https://myanimelist.net/anime/28297/Ore_Monogatari keep in my that there is a manga but it hasn't been scanlated fully)

Users who are viewing this thread