Sensei wa Koi wo Oshierarenai - Vol. 3 Ch. 19

Double-page supporter
15 fucking years? That's creepy as hell. My first thought was "he's treating her like she's a kid" and lo and behold, it's because he's literally old enough to be her father.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah dad and mom have every right to be angry. 15 year older, with a kid, divorcee, certainly not the ideal partner. If supporting the one you love will ruin you (run you down haggard, make you miss your career opportunity, etc) then it's not a good one.

Dex-chan lover
lul at all these virgins upset an older guy is taking the girl (who, by the way, is of legal age - she's like 19 or 20). That's far more appropriate than a teacher and her underage student. Y'all are literally reading a manga about someone in a position of authority being in a relationship with a teen boy and are complaining about the power gap between someone who is like, 20 and 35? Are you insane? hahaha.

Dex-chan lover
15 years is a lot...
Like old enough to be her dad a lot.
I would do everything in my power to convince my child against a relationship with someone so much older.
Remember the rule: half your age plus 7, no younger.

@need4speedrazor6 that is a socially constructed rule, just because you follow that rule does not mean others should. If your child was above the age of 18 you would not be able to do shit about it.

Dex-chan lover
Wow. A lot of people are taking umbrage with the 15 year gap. I mean, it's definitely not a small gap and there are a lot of real obstacles to it working out, but I don't see it as some taboo dealbreaker.
Little sis is in love to share love, and intends to obtain her happiness herself. That's a mature enough line of thought.

While I can sorta understand the family's stance-they'd rather she not take a path of life that's full of hardship-the way they go about it isn't really helpful.
Mom is okay, but dad is...dad has basically become an obstacle in of himself, and he has crossed the threshold from trying to keep her from getting hurt into stifling her life to the point of potentially hurting her.

Also, I haven't forgotten what utter shits they all were arguing with each other right in front of a child as if he was just an unwanted burden. He's certainly not a child of their family, but when you're that callous, I have no reason to take your familial concern seriously anymore.

Dex-chan lover
@need4speedrazor6

What are you even talking about. 15 year difference = old enough to be her father? That's when you say about a 20-30 year old gap.

Are people in comment section living in medieval times where people get kids as soon as they start having periods? Or get erections?

@Xystus

I missed the part where it's sad he's a divorcee? And even if he was, so what? My cousin had a divorce very soon after his daughter was born, because the wife turned out to be a psychopath who literally did all she could to ruin his life.

Jesus, the amount of people criticizing two consenting adults in a relationship in a manga with a teacher-underage student couple.

Dex-chan lover
Who the fuck cares how far they are apart age-wise when both are already adult?

Heck why are you even reading a manga about a teacher dating her high school student if that stuff bugs you? So many hypocrites here.

Fed-Kun's army
imouto san is a better partner than sensei. i hope she really learns from this and stop cucking the poor guy everytime he tries to be romantic.

Aggregator gang
Usually dislike drama in my fluffy romance manga, but I thought this was handled well, hasn't overstayed its welcome, and brought a fresh new take on the main characters' relationship. I like what others have pointed out - that even though there's less of an age gap between sensei and student, she's still worse off than her sister for dating a minor. It's easy to throw stones, but I think the family comes out of this thinking "she's young but determined, maybe it will hurt her maybe not, but it's her decision". I feel like sensei took this away from it as well and it will actually encourage her relationship with her student, perhaps.

Anyway I didn't mind the bit of drama. Nice spin on things without getting too heavy.

Users who are viewing this thread