Sensei wa Koi wo Oshierarenai

Group Leader
lol, three versions have uploaded, and there's more are coming, this manga is blissed

Contributor
@GoldenSpin Ikr? It is pretty cool that it's popular enough for being sniped this much. I just mostly feel bad for peeps that aren't on mangadex and or not just following the scanlation team instead. The notifications must be annoying.

Just to reiterate on our note that we put at the beginning of our chapter release, we do not plan on sniping anyone, or even on doing this again. We just wanted to redo the speedscan that was uploaded on the same day, sorry for the inconvenience of having 3 notifications on one day.

I don't see this as pedophilia, in Japan you're an adult when you're 20 but there are many relationships that break that due to their culture. I mean there is moral ambiguity seeing as they are teacher and student I won't argue that at all but neither of them have broached lewd stuffs yet although he did reach for it with the hickey

Fed-Kun's army
@Anubiszeus not pedo by definition, the word to use here would be ephebophilia

though again not the full definition fits here. But that aside, this entire thing is still morally wrong and illegal from the boy being underage and that this is a student x teacher relationship.

The teacher is in trouble for sure, such as going against her personal ethics and the law/rules as a teacher (never date your students, even in university setting where the student isn't underage as age is not the main problem), issues of power difference, not to mention rather pathetic for an adult woman to actually fall in love with an underage kid, since they met much earlier when he was 15 and started this whole thing

so ya, lewd stuff is not the only thing wrong with this type of relationship: it's the nature of the relationship itself, they already being physically close, imbalance of power/morals/ethics/law and so on

@shrimpgiver lol at running away xD scared of my response eh, I get it kiddo, words are hard after all~

@voidox I still don't see how this is morally wrong. If it's morally wrong because you don't like it or you not into older women/younger men, or you find it a problem with any age gap, then that's a personal issue. If it's morally wrong because of what you mentioned with power imbalance then that's a different story. Calling an adult woman sad and pathetic to fall in love with a teenager makes me think that you personally have moral issues with this sort of thing. I don't see how it's no different than a 20 year old dating a 30 year old or a 20 year old dating a 50 year old, which is legal by the way. In Japan's standards, it depends on the district and person in general, with 13 and 18 being legal ages of marriage (and in some cases with parents permission you can date at 16-17.) This is the same country that frown at same sex couples but don't mind comiket with actual sex toys and yaoi on display (and don't forget things such as soapland.) Also if you think this relationship is bad but find teenagers dating ok in other shonen media/seinen/or even jousei and shoujo (such as in media like Nisekoi,) well....

The female lead has expressed time and time again that she wants to only date the mc when he's 20, which is the standard age of maturity in Japan. Not in the USA, not in parts of Europe, but Japan. Plus he's mentally mature than the other guys in his class so he wouldn't be in the same standards. Age doesn't reflect maturity. You can't control who you fall in love with. It's no different if a person falls in love with a man only to find out he's abusive or a cheater later on down the line. They still fell in love with them. It doesn't make them pathetic to not 'know the signs' or what may have you. Humans be humans.

Also where does it say they met when he was 15? As far as I know they met when he was working, which can be any time. Let me know please.

Fed-Kun's army
@tofupatty
underage student x teacher is not only illegal, but ethically/morally wrong. If you don't know why, look it up. Even student x teacher relationships involving university students and professors have issues

adults dating underage kids is morally wrong cause underage kids are not in the state of mind, power difference, issues of abuse, maturity, experience, relationship dynamics, puberty and so on... oh and underage kids are KIDS. It's really simple, don't date kids.

And then if we bring up sexual matters, those are also straight up illegal. There is a reason age of consent, statutory rape and other laws exist.

Calling an adult woman sad and pathetic to fall in love with a teenager makes me think that you personally have moral issues with this sort of thing.

oh I dunno mate, I think it's very pathetic and wrong for adults, male or female, to literally fall in love with kids. Weird how you don't see why majority of people consider it a moral issue or why stuff like this have literal laws around it

there are even terms for adults falling in love with kids/teens, wonder why~

I don't see how it's no different than a 20 year old dating a 30 year old or a 20 year old dating a 50 year old, which is legal by the way

here's the difference: none of those examples involve underage CHILDREN. If you are older than 18, then do w.e you want, but if under 18 then it is a big deal

The female lead has expressed time and time again that she wants to only date the mc when he's 20

cool, she's still a teacher dating her student. Sex is not the only criteria to be dating, she spends a lot of time with outside school, has been physically close to him, a lot of hugs, stuff like kissing through mask, he kissed her neck, she cares/cooks for him and they have a clear emotional relationship on top of all that

so not only has she broken her moral/ethics as an adult, she's broken literal rules/laws of her job as a teacher whereby dating students is not allowed. Saying "oh I'll only have sex with you when you're 20" doesn't excuse everything she's doing now. There's a reason they have to keep this all secret and would never tell anyone about their relationship, think about why

and don't bring up the whole "oh the kid is more mature than other kids" people love to use, as if it completely excuses and justifies these types of relationships. Adults dating underage kids is not only about maturity, though yes it is one aspect of it as I've mentioned. But the age of consent doesn't have an asterisk saying "oh if the kid is mature, then sure go ahead"... also mature meaning what exactly? who judges his maturity? is he mature about romance/relationships for example? does maturity bypass legality?

Sure he has to work and live alone, but that's not automatically mean he's mature as a person.

if you think this relationship is bad but find teenagers dating ok

um, two teenagers dating is not the same thing as an adult dating an underage kid, what are you even trying to say here? o.o

btw, pls stop making assumptions about me in your post, or bringing up stuff that has nothing to do with the topic on hand :/

sigh, also I'm really over this manga and having to keep replying to people tagging me over my opinion on it, going over the same points again and again -_- if you (or anyone else) wanna keep discussing this or w.e, DM me and I'll get back to you when I can. Thanks

@voidox ok lol. at least I'm not getting mad in a manga comment section. I'm not scared of your response. I just thought it was one of the funniest and most pathetic things I had ever read lol. so when I saw you were still commenting here I decided to respond and tell you how genuinely hilarious I find everything you write. have you ever considered standup? cause dude, you make me laugh harder than most other comedians. I screenshotted the messages and sent them to friends cause omg they were funny as hell

Dex-chan lover
I never expected to see a whole thesis in the comment section of a fucking manga that really does not require us to think much about it but here I am I guess lmao

Wow, I guess people need to chill a little bit. Since when mangas reflect real life? They're means to express personal preference, and for people to relax when reading them. It's not like they don't encourage people to do anything wrong (I guess except for Detective Conan lol, so many murdering schemes (:) ). If you want to read realistic stuff, there are news out there. So just let anyone enjoying this reading in peace. It's a nice story. That's all I wanna say

Users who are viewing this thread