Sensitive Boy - Ch. 49 - Kanon's Past ②

Dex-chan lover
I knew that was going to happen as soon as I saw those stairs. Down D. Stairs has been taking out characters for over 20 years.

Dex-chan lover
This arc feels more like literary fantasy. The first one felt grounded esp with how the author ended it, not going for a clean conclusion but just an awkward and painful uncertainty either due to the limit of how much they could discuss the topic or intentional for the sake of meta narrative (having to live with traumas, never having a clean end to mental pain/anguish). I could believe this if it stayed with her current issues, but i feel like adding in this backstory makes it a lot more melodramatic compared to the vibe of the earlier arc which scrapped the melodrama to focus on the effects of sexual trauma. Idk if it's just me.

Dex-chan lover
You know, author, there can be conflict without the drama going completely bonkers. No, we can't just have a stage mom, we need her to be a child trafficker and get killed during an argument.

Rather than look into the real reasons someone cuts and becomes an abuser, the author wrote a crazy backstory that few can relate and so makes it seem only extreme circumstances traumatize people. Sensitive Boy, insensitive author.

Well, at least it's entertaining for a laugh.

Dex-chan lover
I’m not sure what the author is cooking here.

If it follows the formula of the first MC’s arc, it would be weird to make this about how the second MC feels rather than Kanon’s issues, and trying to “resolve” her trauma in a neat, convenient way would undermine the the whole point of the last story.

So what are we left with?
Just because the author is cooking doesn't mean he has to follow the recipe. There's plenty of ways to "resolve" the issue.

• Kanon could kill herself, just like she intended initially (Bad ending).
  • Second MC could power through their relationships and, if not save Kanon, at least help her reach a stable place (Good ending).
  • Second MC could try to fix her, finds he's unable to and maybe even gets himself wrecked in the process, so we'd end up with 2 broken people instead of one (Alternative ending).

I'd say that the biggest reason for reading this manga is finding out where the author plans to go with the story. Personally, I'm hoping for one of the darker endings, something a bit more hurtful than first arc. We need more manga filled with guilt and despair.

Dex-chan lover
Well can't keep being abused by a shitty mom if the shitty mom ends in a comma or dead, thanks Down D Stairs!

Supporter
This arc feels more like literary fantasy. The first one felt grounded esp with how the author ended it, not going for a clean conclusion but just an awkward and painful uncertainty either due to the limit of how much they could discuss the topic or intentional for the sake of meta narrative (having to live with traumas, never having a clean end to mental pain/anguish). I could believe this if it stayed with her current issues, but i feel like adding in this backstory makes it a lot more melodramatic compared to the vibe of the earlier arc which scrapped the melodrama to focus on the effects of sexual trauma. Idk if it's just me.
Right? Like what the hell happened to this manga? The first arc was incredible. This is a disaster.

Dex-chan lover
Tbh if they swapped the genders between the two current protags it'd atleast stayed in theme of male victims of sexual trauma. Even if it would just be retreading similar ground. If they wanted to keep the hyper sexualized idol industry as a plot point, make it a dude who cant accept themselves and pays for sex to be validated, in comes girl mc who he actually wants to be a better person for except sex addict and bodily harm are his coping mechanisms so drama.
Right? Like what the hell happened to this manga? The first arc was incredible. This is a dIsaster.

Dex-chan lover
Stairs MVP. Wonder why the other dude didn't tell anything to that fuck boy yapping. As he would be a prim and proper subject.

Double-page supporter
And FOR SOME REASONS, no one blames the old men for doing lewd thing with litteral children, of course thoses 14years old were ""asking for it''' how could a fucking adult resist? poor poor old men, so helpless again little girls

also, kanon's mom may have deserved it, but main problem is that kanon didn't deserve to be an orphan
This whole message reads creepy

Supporter
Just because the author is cooking doesn't mean he has to follow the recipe. There's plenty of ways to "resolve" the issue.

• Kanon could kill herself, just like she intended initially (Bad ending).
  • Second MC could power through their relationships and, if not save Kanon, at least help her reach a stable place (Good ending).
  • Second MC could try to fix her, finds he's unable to and maybe even gets himself wrecked in the process, so we'd end up with 2 broken people instead of one (Alternative ending).

I'd say that the biggest reason for reading this manga is finding out where the author plans to go with the story. Personally, I'm hoping for one of the darker endings, something a bit more hurtful than first arc. We need more manga filled with guilt and despair.
Or they both jump from the roof holding hands…

Users who are viewing this thread