Sensitive Boy - Vol. 2 Ch. 11 - What happened exactly?

oh boi, now we know her face, and like i said before, i think His girlfriend Tuition Teacher it's gonna be her tho

Dex-chan lover
No, Im caught up now
I just finished reading Spanish translations of it, which are up to chapter 25 (with some highly relevant side stories that are not counted as independent chapters). I'm glad I was able to read it.

Maybe that can be an option for you.

I will say, it's a very interesting story through the newest chapters, but it's not necessarily how I expected it to go.

Dex-chan lover
This is a link to the Spanish translations (this is the scanlation group's website). https://herenscan.com/manga/chico-sensible/

The flashback is much as you would expect, giving details of the rapist teacher's personality. She had always seemed to be this mature, put-together adult that was loved by everyone, but one day, she had a breakdown while alone. Kaede accidentally stumbles upon her, and she explained she was not as good as everyone thought, that in reality, she's much like the children she teaches. She has one of the most overall unsettlingly creepy lines from an adult right before she rapes him (and believe me, all of the things she says right before raping him are creepy and horrible). "Juntos podemos...volvernos adultos antes que los demás", or "Together, we can...become adults before everyone else."

As a result, Kaede became scared and broken, and he refuses to leave home. During this time, Asahi and Izumi were the only ones from his school to stay by his side.

---

Although Tsubasa seems understanding and considerate of Kaede at first, it is quickly revealed that she is very much not. She eventually snaps at Kaede, accusing him of being dirty and saying, to his face, that if he really didn't want it, then he could've done something more to resist it. Yes, she straight victim blames the rape victim.

Kaede breaks. He's left crying on the ground, huddled in fear. He says it was a mistake for him to try to think that he could ever go outwith someone. He apologizes to Tsubasa for ever having involved her. He apologizes for having bothered her. He apologizes that he can't be normal. She runs away.

Shit is hard.

---

Izumi and Asahi find the broken, crying Kaede in much the same way that they first found him after he was raped. They manage to bring him home and listen to him explain what happened. They assure him that he has done nothing wrong.

In an effort to at least take his mind off of things, Kaede goes for a walk around the area and happens upon the cafe where he had previously gone on a date with Tsubasa. As the memories come back to him of his time with Tsubasa, he begins crying while thinking "I really did like you. But it seems that wasn't enough."

The proprietress (I just want to phrase it like that) of the cafe sees the crying Kaede and consoles him, offering him some coffee and a place where he can cry. He is grateful for the chance to just be able to do that, to be told that he's allowed to cry. After calming down and seeing him out, Kaede insists on trying to repay her for the coffee, but the proprietress states that the best way for him to do so is to return as a customer.

During this time (one, maybe, two days; I couldn't tell) Kaede had not been going to school. Asahi and Izumi are obviously worried about him, and as a result, Asahi (the "blond" one, and yes, the difference between the two becomes important) decides to go to Tsubasa's all-girls school, and Izumi accompanies him.

---

Izumi, accompanied by Asahi, asks to have a conversation with Tsubasa, who is accompanied by Momoka. Although the two "pretty boys" create a commotion at the all-girls school, the four have a private conversation about Kaede.

Izumi is pissed at Tsubasa. I don't think he went far enough, but that's me typing that. He says Kaede did nothing wrong and that Tsubasa was the one who first approached Kaede, only to hurt him. He tells her to please leave Kaede alone and to not hurt him anymore. Tsubasa states that she knows she's the problem, but she bites back, saying that she never once stated that she hated him, that she never once rejected him, and it was Kaede who rejected her first. I don't agree, and you're reading my summary. She ends by saying they don't need to remind her to not hurt Kaede anymore as she has no intention of doing so.

Momoka, as Tsubasa's friend who has been listening but without fully understanding the situation, attempts to defend Tsubasa. I find that, in and of itself, fine, but she says horrible things. She states that she understands Izumi calling Tsubasa a woman who got close to Kaede on her own, but she accuses Kaede of being someone who hurt Tsubasa by imposing upon Tsubasa his own trauma. I don't really like Momoka specifically because of this, but that's my opinion.

Kaede, at home, resolves to try to move forward with his life, to thank Izumi and Asahi for worrying about him and to apologize to them for worrying them, and to take them to the cafe he had went to before. The chapter ends with a split between three perspectives. Kaede is still clearly sad, but he is going to try to move on. The cafe owner is preparing a help-wanted sign for the store. Meanwhile, Tsubasa is crying in her darkened room.

Just to let people know, this is basically the last time we see Tsubasa, apart from a brief scene where she doesn't interact with anybody and just passes by.

---

I actually enjoyed writing this, but it's getting long. I'll summarize the last five chapters.

Kaede learns that Izumi and Asahi confronted Tsubasa and Momoka.

Kaede takes them to the cafe, where he sees the help-wanted sign. It originally said 800 yen an hour, but apparently it changed to 1000. No, this isn't important. This is my summary. Kaede asks if he can apply, and the owner agrees to hire him.

Sahara says he's probably asexual. You don't know who that is. It's the other classmate of Kaede, Izumi, and Asahi. Not the "playboy" one. It should be obvious that the asexual one isn't the playboy one, but I want to write it this way. Kaede and Sahara talk a bit about what it means to be normal, the types of love that can exist, and such other topics.

While Kaede is on the job, Momoka and other girls who are not Tsubasa come into the cafe. They begin talking about how the "pretty boys" had come to the school and had criticized Tsubasa.

Side story time! Izumi (the "blond" one, the one that got angriest against Tsubasa for Kaede) has a conversation about liking things and keeping those things hidden to live a more peaceful life. Yes, this is vibes of Izumi being either gay or bisexual and having romantic feelings for...either Kaede or Izumi. Probably Kaede, all things considered. Nothing is explicitly stated. It's chapter 22.5.

Back in the cafe, Kaede had never met Momoka or these other girls, but he realizes that they're probably talking about him, Asahi, and Izumi, based on the conversation. Momoka seems a bit regretful for what she had said back then, but I'm not sure how much she actually regrets it.

Kaede is collapsing. The cafe owner notices and allows him to rest in the back while she attends to the group of girls. He begins to blame himself. While he is moving on and feeling a bit better, he is to blame for Tsubasa's current pain. He thinks to himself that it's because she went out with him that she's suffering.

The cafe owner checks in on Kaede to see him falling apart, and she's able to calm him down. It's hinted at that Kaede begins to feel romantic feelings towards her.

A female (married) friend of the cafe owner visits the shop after closing time, and the two women begin chatting and catching up. Kaede, having finished his shift, prepares to leave but accidentally overhears some of their conversation. The friend jokes about the owner having a relationship with Kaede. The owner replies that a relationship between people with large age gaps is extremely strange and that there needs to be an immense amount of love between the two people for it to not be incorrect. Kaede, having heard this, reaffirms that the owner is a decent adult, but he feels pained for some reason.

---

Get spoiled, people. But only if you want to.

It's good that she's understanding on how there was a misinterpretation in the sexual assault but I worry that she's going to change & be distant from him since he isn't "pure" as she thought he would be. Hope I am wrong and they come out better from it. Thanks for the chapter.
Nuh-uh, that's exactly what's gonna happen to our boy

Dex-chan lover
This is a link to the Spanish translations (this is the scanlation group's website). https://herenscan.com/manga/chico-sensible/

The flashback is much as you would expect, giving details of the rapist teacher's personality. She had always seemed to be this mature, put-together adult that was loved by everyone, but one day, she had a breakdown while alone. Kaede accidentally stumbles upon her, and she explained she was not as good as everyone thought, that in reality, she's much like the children she teaches. She has one of the most overall unsettlingly creepy lines from an adult right before she rapes him (and believe me, all of the things she says right before raping him are creepy and horrible). "Juntos podemos...volvernos adultos antes que los demás", or "Together, we can...become adults before everyone else."

As a result, Kaede became scared and broken, and he refuses to leave home. During this time, Asahi and Izumi were the only ones from his school to stay by his side.

---

Although Tsubasa seems understanding and considerate of Kaede at first, it is quickly revealed that she is very much not. She eventually snaps at Kaede, accusing him of being dirty and saying, to his face, that if he really didn't want it, then he could've done something more to resist it. Yes, she straight victim blames the rape victim.

Kaede breaks. He's left crying on the ground, huddled in fear. He says it was a mistake for him to try to think that he could ever go outwith someone. He apologizes to Tsubasa for ever having involved her. He apologizes for having bothered her. He apologizes that he can't be normal. She runs away.

Shit is hard.

---

Izumi and Asahi find the broken, crying Kaede in much the same way that they first found him after he was raped. They manage to bring him home and listen to him explain what happened. They assure him that he has done nothing wrong.

In an effort to at least take his mind off of things, Kaede goes for a walk around the area and happens upon the cafe where he had previously gone on a date with Tsubasa. As the memories come back to him of his time with Tsubasa, he begins crying while thinking "I really did like you. But it seems that wasn't enough."

The proprietress (I just want to phrase it like that) of the cafe sees the crying Kaede and consoles him, offering him some coffee and a place where he can cry. He is grateful for the chance to just be able to do that, to be told that he's allowed to cry. After calming down and seeing him out, Kaede insists on trying to repay her for the coffee, but the proprietress states that the best way for him to do so is to return as a customer.

During this time (one, maybe, two days; I couldn't tell) Kaede had not been going to school. Asahi and Izumi are obviously worried about him, and as a result, Asahi (the "blond" one, and yes, the difference between the two becomes important) decides to go to Tsubasa's all-girls school, and Izumi accompanies him.

---

Izumi, accompanied by Asahi, asks to have a conversation with Tsubasa, who is accompanied by Momoka. Although the two "pretty boys" create a commotion at the all-girls school, the four have a private conversation about Kaede.

Izumi is pissed at Tsubasa. I don't think he went far enough, but that's me typing that. He says Kaede did nothing wrong and that Tsubasa was the one who first approached Kaede, only to hurt him. He tells her to please leave Kaede alone and to not hurt him anymore. Tsubasa states that she knows she's the problem, but she bites back, saying that she never once stated that she hated him, that she never once rejected him, and it was Kaede who rejected her first. I don't agree, and you're reading my summary. She ends by saying they don't need to remind her to not hurt Kaede anymore as she has no intention of doing so.

Momoka, as Tsubasa's friend who has been listening but without fully understanding the situation, attempts to defend Tsubasa. I find that, in and of itself, fine, but she says horrible things. She states that she understands Izumi calling Tsubasa a woman who got close to Kaede on her own, but she accuses Kaede of being someone who hurt Tsubasa by imposing upon Tsubasa his own trauma. I don't really like Momoka specifically because of this, but that's my opinion.

Kaede, at home, resolves to try to move forward with his life, to thank Izumi and Asahi for worrying about him and to apologize to them for worrying them, and to take them to the cafe he had went to before. The chapter ends with a split between three perspectives. Kaede is still clearly sad, but he is going to try to move on. The cafe owner is preparing a help-wanted sign for the store. Meanwhile, Tsubasa is crying in her darkened room.

Just to let people know, this is basically the last time we see Tsubasa, apart from a brief scene where she doesn't interact with anybody and just passes by.

---

I actually enjoyed writing this, but it's getting long. I'll summarize the last five chapters.

Kaede takes them to the cafe, where he sees the help-wanted sign. It originally said 800 yen an hour, but apparently it changed to 1000. No, this isn't important. This is my summary. Kaede asks if he can apply, and the owner agrees to hire him.

Sahara says he's probably asexual. You don't know who that is. It's the other classmate of Kaede, Izumi, and Asahi. Not the "playboy" one. It should be obvious that the asexual one isn't the playboy one, but I want to write it this way. Kaede and Sahara talk a bit about what it means to be normal, the types of love that can exist, and such other topics.

While Kaede is on the job, Momoka and other girls who are not Tsubasa come into the cafe. They begin talking about how the "pretty boys" had come to the school and had criticized Tsubasa.

Side story time! Izumi (the "blond" one, the one that got angriest against Tsubasa for Kaede) has a conversation about liking things and keeping those things hidden to live a more peaceful life. Yes, this is vibes of Izumi being either gay or bisexual and having romantic feelings for...either Kaede or Izumi. Probably Kaede, all things considered. Nothing is explicitly stated. It's chapter 22.5.

Back in the cafe, Kaede had never met Momoka or these other girls, but he realizes that they're probably talking about him, Asahi, and Izumi, based on the conversation. Momoka seems a bit regretful for what she had said back then, but I'm not sure how much she actually regrets it.

Kaede is collapsing. The cafe owner notices and allows him to rest in the back while she attends to the group of girls. He begins to blame himself. While he is moving on and feeling a bit better, he is to blame for Tsubasa's current pain. He thinks to himself that it's because she went out with him that she's suffering.

The cafe owner checks in on Kaede to see him falling apart, and she's able to calm him down. It's hinted at that Kaede begins to feel romantic feelings towards her.

A female (married) friend of the cafe owner visits the shop after closing time, and the two women begin chatting and catching up. Kaede, having finished his shift, prepares to leave but accidentally overhears some of their conversation. The friend jokes about the owner having a relationship with Kaede. The owner replies that a relationship between people with large age gaps is extremely strange and that there needs to be an immense amount of love between the two people for it to not be incorrect. Kaede, having heard this, reaffirms that the owner is a decent adult, but he feels pained for some reason.

---

lack of closure with
a certain character simply dissapearing is honestly pretty wack, and I'm deffo not sure how I feel about that new romantic development.
Kinda dissapointed.

Dex-chan lover
lack of closure with
a certain character simply dissapearing is honestly pretty wack, and I'm deffo not sure how I feel about that new romantic development.
Kinda dissapointed.
I get what you mean, but remember that I was summarizing and purposefully leaving out a lot of details to try to condense it.

I feel like the way the author presented it, even if Tsubasa never appears again, it does actually provide closure. Kaede is trying to move on to the best of his ability, and he'll keep the memories that he had. This was a theme I skimmed over to some degree. It's also possible for Tsubasa to reappear. She most recently appeared in chapter 24, as a passerby, while Kaede had thoughts about his relationships. Or she doesn't reappear, and Kaede moves on. That's perfectly realistic and provides closure too.

I am definitely conflicted on the new romantic development. I actually left out a lot of description of the coffee shop owner, like how in different conversations, she said she doesn't need a boyfriend, and Kaede compares it to the conversation he had with Sahara about Sahara possibly being asexual. As a result, I don't think the cafe owner would reciprocate Kaede if she ever learns of his feelings.

But the issue of Kaede possibly developing romantic feelings for her in the first place feels off... Like, it's actually not uncommon for rape victims in real life to later be attracted to the same type of person as the rapist (in this case, it would be an older, mature woman), but I feel like the presentation in the chapters is weird if that's the route the author is going for.

Dex-chan lover

---

Shit is hard.

---

---

---

---

Pretty good summary. Thanks!

Dex-chan lover

---

Shit is hard.

---

---

---

---

Wait, is the manga not currently ongoing?

Dex-chan lover
Wait, is the manga not currently ongoing?
Oh, it is. When I said "last five chapters", I meant the most recent, the latest chapters (that were translated to Spanish).

It's...apparently up to chapter 29 in the Japanese raws. I don't have access to those "last" chapters, the more recent ones.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, it is. When I said "last five chapters", I meant the most recent, the latest chapters (that were translated to Spanish).

It's...apparently up to chapter 29 in the Japanese raws. I don't have access to those "last" chapters, the more recent ones.
Thanks for the clarification, and thanks for being able to read Spanish.

Dex-chan lover
It's good that she's understanding on how there was a misinterpretation in the sexual assault but I worry that she's going to change & be distant from him since he isn't "pure" as she thought he would be. Hope I am wrong and they come out better from it. Thanks for the chapter.
"Suffering builds character"

Dex-chan lover
Second, you're wrong. You're just straight wrong. In the specific case of female on male sexual crimes, the supposed "west" does not put a lot of weight on them, just like in Japan. You can look up news articles in English about it. You can look up scholarly research papers about it.

While they might completely avoid jail time they would still get disbarred from ever teaching or dealing with kids again.

Dex-chan lover
While they might completely avoid jail time they would still get disbarred from ever teaching or dealing with kids again.
It also depends on the specifics of the case. Even in English-speaking "Western" countries, it's not guaranteed that they would be prohibited from ever teaching again. I've actually seen cases of that.

Dex-chan lover
It also depends on the specifics of the case. Even in English-speaking "Western" countries, it's not guaranteed that they would be prohibited from ever teaching again. I've actually seen cases of that.
Maybe in America but not in England.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe in America but not in England.
You are demonstrably wrong.

This is from 2004. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/police-let-convicted-rapist-work-as-teacher-733600.html

This is from 2009. https://www.standard.co.uk/hp/front...case-with-no-check-or-references-6740925.html

I will admit that is a decent amount of time ago, but it is completely possible there are news articles about the subject that I simply missed. It's also possible for these things to go unreported, even if they did happen.

So yes, it does happen in England specifically as well as the UK larger.

Users who are viewing this thread