Sensitive Boy - Vol. 3 Ch. 20 - Getting a fresh start

Dex-chan lover
So here's the catch
You'd think that he would be much more afraid of older women because of what happened to him, so dating a person his age would be optimal since there'll be less unpleasant associations/flashbacks that way. But his peers are definitely not equipped to handle his trauma and might harm him unintentionally even if he's trying his best...

Not saying that I'm cheering for the Nice Café Lady here but maybe I do?
Ughh, it sounds wrong, but I'm grasping at straws here. I want him to find true love, but for him, dating an older woman is a huge risk, and it also feels like he's rebounding. It's been, what, a few days since his heart was broken? Yet just you look at that blush...

Guys why are we still thinking the café lady might still be the teacher. It was obvious that wasn’t the case without having to see that the teacher didn’t have a mole, but somehow we’re still hung up on that 🧐

Dex-chan lover
Dammit author what kind of change tho!? what kind of change!!!?

Dex-chan lover
800 Yen an hour??? Boy should not work there that is a red flag on its own.
(only 5-6€/$)
I've mentioned before (in a joking way) that this is actually below the legal minimum wage in Japan.

In Japan, the legal minimum wage depends upon both the region and industry type, but the national weighted average is 961 JPY per hour.

The Spanish translations that I saw actually had it as 800 JPY/hour in chapter 19 and then changed it to 1000 JPY/hour in chapter 20.
I'm sure you didn't mean it in a bad way, but I'd recommend not using the term "j*p" for Japanese people 😅 it's a derogatory term used against them from ww2
I'm not disagreeing with you because you are correct in saying that it is now considered derogatory.

However, just for some history facts, in English, it originally was just used as a shortened form of Japanese and had no derogatory implications. It wasn't until later that it became so.

I laughed at the comment saying the cafe owner looked like the teacher. It's not just Japanese readers that have said that; I've seen some comments here on MangaDex.

It's a manga. EVERYONE looks similar because of both the limited artistic style as well as convention. That's why you have people with different colored hair even though that is HIGHLY unrealistic in actual Japan. It's to make it easier to tell the otherwise very similar drawings apart.
so any new spoilers?

Double-page supporter
If this is not a good change we are all throwing hands

Dex-chan lover
All on board the friends's route. They're best boys.
Café onee-san is fine... for now.

Dex-chan lover
please let her be just a responsible adult. my boy doesn't need more trauma 🙏

Dex-chan lover
Yep. Everything will be solved by having romance in your life.

Sigh, would've liked it if it were more of self development without romantic relationship with another. He already knew the outcome of still being traumatized during a relationship, yet here we are again.

It was a nice start. I guess this just isn't for me.

Dex-chan lover
so any new spoilers?
I last left off with chapter 28 (I mislabeled it). Since then, only chapter 29 has come out in Spanish, but I'll just include spoilers I've read from others.

We have a short scene of Kaede and Rio being professional and working well together in the cafe.

It cuts to Rio naked, in bed, some amount of time after having sex. She thinks back to how Kaede had confessed his feelings to her and how she had played it off. She was very surprised, and since then, Kaede has been bashful with her in the cafe. The man with whom she just had sex hands her a drink and asks what she's so worried about. She explains that the employee she recently hired has a crush on her, and he asks if he's the same age and if he's handsome.

She explains that it's a highschool student she views as a nephew or little brother, and he says that she shouldn't play around with highschool boys, especially when the only type of relationships she can maintain are friends with benefits. She tells him she isn't playing around with Kaede and that she really hoped they could have a good, professional relationship.

We cut back to the coffee shop, and Rio has been teaching Kaede how to make coffee. When Rio compliments his growth as an employee, he blushes in a cute way that Rio finds adorable. They finish the workday and get ready to leave when Kaede brings up his confession from before. Rio again attempts to play it off as him saying she likes her as a boss, but he says no, he likes her romantically. She's surprised by how direct he is, but he continues by saying he knows she doesn't want a relationship and that he isn't expecting a response, that he just wanted her to know.

Rio gets dark thought bubbles, indicating she's annoyed/frustrated/angry with Kaede/the situation. He just wanted her to know? Then it was a matter of selfishness/ego. If he hadn't said those things, then they could've had a good [professional and polite] relationship.

She replies to Kaede that what he feels is not love. After all, he knows nothing about her.

This next part is me summarizing from the summaries of other people.

Rio explains that Kaede can't truly be feeling love for her because he barely knows anything about her.

It's revealed that Rio has had negative relationship experiences in the past, with apparently abusive boyfriend(s).

In an effort to explain to Kaede his lack of love, Rio takes him to an amusement park. She eventually explains to him that all he sees her as is a kind, warm person, an outer layer without knowing much else about her.

Kaede is saddened and crying at her words and her rejection of him.

Again, I haven't really read beyond 29, so I don't really know how accurate that is.

Users who are viewing this thread